User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what I'm doing

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I was than i looked at my application status and it said clearance retention-i'm such a loser probably not getting into school, i should just die
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

No, you shouldn't just die. And you're not a loser. There are always bumps in the road and this is just one of them.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

are you a type 4?
    do you constantly compare yourself to others and hate yourself for how you feel you don't measure up? or hate everyone else for not relating or caring about the same things? do you feel like everyone else has the answers? listen...first...no one knows wtf they're doing....everyone at some point feels like they don't measure up in one area or another. there is no one right way to conduct your life. who gives a fuck if you do things differently. everyone whoever did anything amazing did something no other did. just be you...the you that you'd be if you weren't trying to live by rules someone else made up that you don't even care about. just stop the hateful self talk...talk to yourself the way you'd talk to someone else you love and was hurting....would you call them a loser and say they should just die? no...you wouldn't. make it a habit to be forgiving and encouraging to yourself. stop punishing yourself for mistakes made and focus on now...doing better tomorrow. thats all anyone can do...move forward...define your own path.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    are you a type 4?
    do you constantly compare yourself to others and hate yourself for how you feel you don't measure up? or hate everyone else for not relating or caring about the same things? do you feel like everyone else has the answers? listen...first...no one knows wtf they're doing....everyone at some point feels like they don't measure up in one area or another. there is no one right way to conduct your life. who gives a fuck if you do things differently. everyone whoever did anything amazing did something no other did. just be you...the you that you'd be if you weren't trying to live by rules someone else made up that you don't even care about. just stop the hateful self talk...talk to yourself the way you'd talk to someone else you love and was hurting....would you call them a loser and say they should just die? no...you wouldn't. make it a habit to be forgiving and encouraging to yourself. stop punishing yourself for mistakes made and focus on now...doing better tomorrow. thats all anyone can do...move forward...define your own path.

Ohh yah, well said!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    yupp

so snap out of it? greeeat advice

sorry i'm just tired of people telling me these things and i try to do them but some days i need to call myself a loser, because ultimately that's what i am and nothing you can say will change that.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Besides, you'd miss going to Disney and Universal Studios. (just trying to lighten things up--hope that's okay)
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    yupp

oh if i was going to kill myself i'd wait til the 1st so i'm not in any immediate danger and i don't even have a plan so no worries i just need someone to talk to.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

jerk response purple. yes...essentially...i'm saying learn new coping skills. learn to train your brain to think differently. catch yourself when you're saying shitty things to yourself and change it to what you'd say to a friend. i honestly believe it is the key to loving yourself. i experience it all the time with my type 4 bf. the way we talk to our self is the difference. if i mess up...i immediately tell myself it's okay...because you tried to do this...you couldn't predict that...but...now i know and can do it this way from now on. i imagine if someone in my life talked as ugly to me as you do to yourself i'd feel like shit all the time too...and i might even begin to wish i never had to see them again...so...if it's you doing it to yourself...of course this is the outcome....i know it's not easy to just snap out of it...but i believe it's something you can learn to improve.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

it's kinda hard when you're told by your mom everything you do wrong, that you'll never be indpendent, that normal people don't do XY and Z, are you taking your meds, that was more than a few sips,
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well tell her that. say what i need right now is love and encouragement and that she makes you feel even more incompetent and miserable with those comments. tell her if she can't help you in the way you need right now then you're going to need to keep your distance for your own well being. cut negative hurtful people out of your life until you have the coping strategies to deal with them. you need to learn how to counsel yourself...be able to get to a good place on your own and demand it from others.
    -Jim Morrison