123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Default Borderline Personality Disorder

Does anyone here have it? Know about it? Know what to do about it?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I was close to someone who has it, but I don't have it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I was close to someone who has it, but I don't have it.
    Was it severe?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Was it severe?
    I would say so, although she didn't cut. Pretty much everything else that is typically associated, she did.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I would say so, although she didn't cut. Pretty much everything else that is typically associated, she did.
    Did she have help for it and was she easy to deal with, or difficult?

Anew Leaf

Does anyone here have it? Know about it? Know what to do about it?
    My uncle's ex-wife has it... and I am 99% sure their oldest daughter has it too.

It's one of the scariest psychology disorders that I have studied and come in contact with personally.

On the surface she has always seemed very.... (fake) "nice" and "quiet" and ultra religious. My parents and I have always felt there was something off about her, but we never saw much of actual evidence to support these feelings. She made us feel crazy for thinking she was crazy because our intuition was going through the roof screaming "danger will robinson!! danger!!" and yet there wasn't much you could point to.

About five years ago, my uncle finally had enough and divorced her. What it took was her therapist calling him and telling him to leave the house because his wife had confessed that she was planning on killing him when she got home. He opened up to us about what had gone on during their 23 year marriage. Their first son was born still-born... and the likely cause was that she used to punch her stomach when she was angry with my uncle, and threaten to call the police and claim he beat her if he told anyone. They had another son a few years later, and a daughter a couple years after that. We had an ice storm in Minnesota one day when the son was 6 and she took both kids out on a drive... and wrapped their car around at telephone pole, instantly killing the son. Looking back, we are all pretty convinced that she was trying to kill all three of them. They had another daughter as a "replacement child" a few years after that. The last couple years of their marriage, they slept in separate rooms and my uncle would move a dresser in front of his door each night because he was so worried.

When they got divorced, he didn't fight for custody, so she got both daughters and home schooled them. The oldest is already starting to act like her mom with the fake outer shell, and the creepy vibe. The youngest is practically catatonic, and never smiles.

So what to do about it? Run away. Run far away. I have two friends who know someone with this and it has majorly messed up their own lives. (Real mother in one case, and husband's ex-wife in another.)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Did she have help for it and was she easy to deal with, or difficult?
    Very difficult.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Very difficult.
    Is BPD the reason you are no longer close, or was it just one of those life happens things.

@Saturned: thank you for your information. I sincerely appreciate it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

[QUOTE=Antimony;1738087]Is BPD the reason you are no longer close, or was it just one of those life happens things. QUOTE]

It's the reason. (It's strange that you posted this today; I was just thinking of her this morning.)
    I made the decision to break off all contact with her, for my own sanity. sometimes I feel guilty about abandoning her, but I had no choice. It was like diving into a pool to rescue a drowning person, then being drown yourself.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

It's the reason. (It's strange that you posted this today; I was just thinking of her this morning.)
    I made the decision to break off all contact with her, for my own sanity. sometimes I feel guilty about abandoning her, but I had no choice. It was like diving into a pool to rescue a drowning person, then being drown yourself.
    I understand. That is why I am posting this thread. Something needs to be done.

I also hope this thread serves to inform others about BPD.