First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Definitely high functioning.

Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-injuring behavior covered in Criterion 5
    A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.
    Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
    Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., promiscuous sex, eating disorders, binge eating, substance abuse, reckless driving). Note: Do not include suicidal or self-injuring behavior covered in Criterion 5
    Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself.
    Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).
    Chronic feelings of emptiness [not sure about this one, but it is possible]
    Inappropriate anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
    Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation, delusions or severe dissociative symptoms

Uhh....so based on my intuition, pretty much all of them. She made a manipulative suicidal gesture to me the other day.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Thanks to both of you for Disagreeing so civilly.
    I wish it could happen much more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Uhh....so based on my intuition, pretty much all of them. She made a manipulative suicidal gesture to me the other day.
    "Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself."

Is it recurrent? If she keeps doing it - check that one positive. That is, if you want to stay around long enough to find out.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

My ex-gf was definitely high-functioning, she had a job and all that, no problem - still the symptoms were pretty clear to people close to her...(I think her mother tried to "warn" me once, even)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My ex-gf was definitely high-functioning, she had a job and all that, no problem - still the symptoms were pretty clear to people close to her...(I think her mother tried to "warn" me once, even)
    The high functioning makes it difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I wish it could happen much more often.

"Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself."

Is it recurrent? If she keeps doing it - check that one positive. That is, if you want to stay around long enough to find out.
    There have been a few gestures, not many.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My mother still won't accept that I was borderline. Our household was a furball.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

My mother still won't accept that I was borderline. Our household was a furball.
    Was borderline?

Furball?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Was borderline?
    It's just short for saying I had borderline personality disorder.

Furball?
    Messy. Chaotic. Mean, violent, alcoholic father. Slept in the car as a child, hid from him, crawled out the windows, etc.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The kid I've been dealing with hasn't ever attempted suicide, and I'm not aware that she's cutting or anything like that, but she did a couple of times do this "if you don't pay more attention to me or do what I want, I'm going to 'do something stupid to myself'" thing. Again though, not recently, thankfully. I talked to her dad pretty quick after that too, although her parents are fairly useless in this regard and her family quite dysfunctional (at least it explains quite a lot about her behaviour).

Have you been able to suggest that the person you're dealing with see a therapist or at least a doctor? Is it a situation where you can enlist the help of others in some way? It can be scary to deal with such things alone.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

It's just short for saying I had borderline personality disorder.

Messy. Chaotic. Mean, violent, alcoholic father. Slept in the car as a child, hid from him, crawled out the windows, etc.
    I was referring to the past tense. How did you stop being borderline?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I was referring to the past tense. How did you stop being borderline?
    I had a nice guy take me in, who was healthy. My S.O. (ENTJ 8). I met him in a forum lol. He had strong boundaries, and he worked with me to rid myself of it. I never got any therapy to end it, but I had been seeking help throughout my 20's to no avail. I did not want bpd; it was thrust upon me, and I couldn't find the proper situation and environment necessary to rid myself of it. I also was a member of several forums, and used other resources that provided me with the information necessary to fix the situation.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype