User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

"Diagnostic and Statistical Manual

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, DSM IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines borderline personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1][13]

A pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image and affects, as well as marked impulsivity, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-injuring behavior covered in Criterion 5
    A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.
    Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
    Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., promiscuous sex, eating disorders, binge eating, substance abuse, reckless driving). Note: Do not include suicidal or self-injuring behavior covered in Criterion 5
    Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself.
    Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).
    Chronic feelings of emptiness
    Inappropriate anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
    Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation, delusions or severe dissociative symptoms

It is a requirement of DSM-IV that a diagnosis of any specific personality disorder also satisfies a set of general personality disorder criteria."

There are the criteria for diagnosis. Must have at least 5 of these for diagnosis. Otherwise, it's issues and can be just that, or another disorder. Keep in mind that many people have one or two of the above occurring at any given time. The behaviors also must be extreme. If it's extreme to you, it could be normal in another household, especially with an istp six and entj eight involved. Yelling matches occur in that scenario.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

ah ah ah, it's nice to laugh at personality disorders that affect the lives of tens of hundres of people, and try to minimize them...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ah ah ah, it's nice to laugh at personality disorders that affect the lives of tens of hundres of people, and try to minimize them...
    I wasn't laughing at the bpd itself, but my own situation. I thought that would be clear. And I never tried to minimize anything. Wow. Loosen your sphincter several hundred notches.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Calm down...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Calm down...
    No you.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

ok both of us eheheee
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

ok both of us eheheee
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

@ICUP it is hard to know some of them because I feel they are more subjective.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    @ICUP it is hard to know some of them because I feel they are more subjective.
    Some of them can be, such as the delusions. Diagnoses are not easy to make. I think the point is "extreme". Are 5 of the above outside of what you consider "normal" and functioning behaviors?

Is the person a furball, or do they just have issues here and there? It's also tough to figure out by outsiders because many borderlines like I was are also high-functioning, as in, they can go to school/work etc. and do okay.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Thanks to both of you for Disagreeing so civilly.