User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Death Anxiety

  1. #21
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    It strikes me as odd that so many here claim to be unafraid of death. I assume it's a form of denial.

  2. #22
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    It strikes me as odd that so many here claim to be unafraid of death. I assume it's a form of denial.
    What is so odd about it? It is rather ignorant of you to make such assumptions.

    Death comes to us all. There is no way to escape it. I have been up close and personal with the process of death and I have seen the agony of living, the frustrations of dying, and the absolute peace and freedom that finally comes with the act of death.

    I know that I have people waiting for me on the other side of this life, so what do I have to fear? Instead I fear the unknown element (as I always do... reality doesn't scare me, my own mind does) of how I will die.

  3. #23
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    What is so odd about it? It is rather ignorant of you to make such assumptions.

    Death comes to us all. There is no way to escape it. I have been up close and personal with the process of death and I have seen the agony of living, the frustrations of dying, and the absolute peace and freedom that finally comes with the act of death.

    I know that I have people waiting for me on the other side of this life, so what do I have to fear? Instead I fear the unknown element (as I always do... reality doesn't scare me, my own mind does) of how I will die.
    thinking it's odd makes me ignorant? Don't make your point by being insulting.
    Yeah, I've had plenty of experience with death too, and I still have the 'ignorant' opinion that young people cliaiming to not fear it is odd. Opinions differ.

  4. #24
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Dying is a much less scary idea to me than suffering in this life with no hope of recovery. If I were diagnosed with terminal cancer tomorrow, I'd certainly like to have the option of euthanasia and die a quick, painless death than drag out a terminal illness. I don't see what's odd about that...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  5. #25
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    It strikes me as odd that so many here claim to be unafraid of death. I assume it's a form of denial.
    It's just a fear of the end of self. If you think about it, you experience the end of self a number of times in your lifetime. No denial involved.

  6. #26
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    thinking it's odd makes me ignorant? Don't make your point by being insulting.
    Yeah, I've had plenty of experience with death too, and I still have the 'ignorant' opinion that young people cliaiming to not fear it is odd. Opinions differ.

    I was referring to the part you are ignoring: "I assume it's a form of denial."

    I find that to be an ignorant statement.

  7. #27
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I was referring to the part you are ignoring: "I assume it's a form of denial."

    I find that to be an ignorant statement.
    I replied to what you wrote, not what you think you implied. You wrote "What is so odd about it? It is rather ignorant of you to make such assumptions". That's exactly what you wrote. So learn how to express yourself more clearly.

  8. #28
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Life is too short to always think about death but sometimes life is too short for us not to think about death.

  9. #29
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I replied to what you wrote, not what you think you implied. You wrote "What is so odd about it? It is rather ignorant of you to make such assumptions". That's exactly what you wrote. So learn how to express yourself more clearly.

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Dying is a much less scary idea to me than suffering in this life with no hope of recovery. If I were diagnosed with terminal cancer tomorrow, I'd certainly like to have the option of euthanasia and die a quick, painless death than drag out a terminal illness. I don't see what's odd about that...
    Because your not suppose to just give up, there's always a fight even if your doctor thinks you're gonna die.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 03:42 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:35 AM
  3. Web 2.0 - the death of culture?
    By Langrenus in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 08:40 PM
  4. Star of Death
    By Wolf in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO