• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

That Inner Animal

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Has anyone ever been tempted to give into their inner instincts and embrace their animal side without control? Who among feels this strong urge to betray all rational prison and act as though our id wishes? And when, or where, should this inner beast ever be set free?

T

ThatGirl

I erased my post for some reason I read it as "give up". Lol

To answer the OP, I feel this at times. Mostly when I get fed up with what is created by man, for man. It seems stupid, I get it, but it is dumb, and then I revert to animal instinct. Sadly, that is the truth.

Fortunately, I have a pretty good filter, and can always recognize the fine line when my desire disrupts the actual goal. But I can get pretty instinctual at times, though it is usually my last resort.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes to all the questions. And as far as when, when it is fitting to the situation.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Your animal instincts are your biggest asset.
Release them whenever it would be an asset to do so.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone ever been tempted to give into their inner instincts and embrace their animal side without control? Who among feels this strong urge to betray all rational prison and act as though our id wishes? And when, or where, should this inner beast ever be set free?

Yes sometimes when i feel i have had enough of the mask, when i am fed up with society and all it entails i just want to beat my chest bear my teeth and rwar.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Start a Fight Club!

... but in all seriousness, yeah, I've felt that way, but my Id is too weak to do anything except stare longingly at the outside world from its constraints. The most people see of it is when it rattles its cage; I don't think I've ever really set it free.

I've had dreams about it. Usually they're bad dreams. (Type 1 here! :laugh:) But I guess one harmless way that you can calm it down is with an artistic/physical outlet. I like playing drum set when I'm feeling that way, for that same purpose. :yes:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Start a Fight Club!

... but in all seriousness, yeah, I've felt that way, but my Id is too weak to do anything except stare longingly at the outside world from its constraints. The most people see of it is when it rattles its cage; I don't think I've ever really set it free.

I've had dreams about it. Usually they're bad dreams. (Type 1 here! :laugh:) But I guess one harmless way that you can calm it down is with an artistic/physical outlet. I like playing drum set when I'm feeling that way, for that same purpose. :yes:

I feel very similarly to all of this. Including the dreams! :shock:

A J thing? :yes: Going to rock concerts sometimes and screaming your head off works well for me, but I wish I did it a little more often.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I often feel this urge, especially when angry. I'd have to be in real danger before I let the beast out and did a Hannibal Lector impression by eating someones face. I confess I've felt the occational urge to try throatling someone as I bite their nose off. Anyway, I usually restict such violent outbursts to the weight room, lol.

Most of the rest of the time, by beast just wants to pig out on food. Which is fine, as long as you don't make a habit of it.

redacted

It would be simple if there really were a distinction between the animal self and the self. The whole idea of control is just a narrative we use to describe our animal selves' behavior.

The reason I don't just run around and scream and punch people, etc. is that it's not in my animal self's repertoire. It would be fleetingly fun, though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I used to act out on it- there's something exhilarating about that sort of abandon and recklessness that really makes a person feel FREE for a moment- like you aren't constrained by society and its morals and the expectations that everyone had for me and whatever part of me they wanted. A chance to just be BAD... like driving fast with the windows down and music turned up...

I think my inner animal was put down by animal control after biting someone... I think that it's dead :unsure:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
No. My inner animal is angry at the moment so to keep it under control i suppress it or else i may end up in jail. I think it is easier to go into my mind and find the world of fantasy where i can be whoever i want in the situation i require at that particular time.

My inner animal is not socially acceptable, but as Wolfy said, in the bedroom sounds good (all is fair in love and war).

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I used to do it when I was with my ex. He allowed it. My inner animal was pretty fucking nasty back then. I'm tame now.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I met that inner animal in one of my dreams. Some freaky stuff, don't think I would let him get my impulses.

Other then that, the only reason I would let him express himself is if the outlet serves him right.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If the inner animal is that thing that makes you angry and rage and stuff, I don't have much of one at all. I find myself working it up more often than trying to keep it down. If the inner animal is that thing inside you that's hungry, wants a cozy den to curl up in, and a pack to curl up with, I try to keep it happy as best I can.

KDude

I could do without it probably. It's caused some problems. And who has to deal with it?

Actually, I've never dissassociated like this before. It's always me. I can pat myself on the back though for not doing anything too screwed up for a while now.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I used to tell myself to think like an animal before going on stage. It made me less likely to overthink what I was doing, and be spontaneous.