User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That Inner Animal

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Has anyone ever been tempted to give into their inner instincts and embrace their animal side without control? Who among feels this strong urge to betray all rational prison and act as though our id wishes? And when, or where, should this inner beast ever be set free?
    It would be simple if there really were a distinction between the animal self and the self. The whole idea of control is just a narrative we use to describe our animal selves' behavior.

The reason I don't just run around and scream and punch people, etc. is that it's not in my animal self's repertoire. It would be fleetingly fun, though.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I used to act out on it- there's something exhilarating about that sort of abandon and recklessness that really makes a person feel FREE for a moment- like you aren't constrained by society and its morals and the expectations that everyone had for me and whatever part of me they wanted. A chance to just be BAD... like driving fast with the windows down and music turned up...

I think my inner animal was put down by animal control after biting someone... I think that it's dead
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

No. My inner animal is angry at the moment so to keep it under control i suppress it or else i may end up in jail. I think it is easier to go into my mind and find the world of fantasy where i can be whoever i want in the situation i require at that particular time.

My inner animal is not socially acceptable, but as Wolfy said, in the bedroom sounds good (all is fair in love and war).
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

6w5 sx/sp

Yes. I used to do it when I was with my ex. He allowed it. My inner animal was pretty fucking nasty back then. I'm tame now.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

The inner animal is not kind.

Freaking Ratchet Array Rail Tracer's Avatar

I met that inner animal in one of my dreams. Some freaky stuff, don't think I would let him get my impulses.

Other then that, the only reason I would let him express himself is if the outlet serves him right.

it emerges when i see injustice.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

4w5 sp/sx

If the inner animal is that thing that makes you angry and rage and stuff, I don't have much of one at all. I find myself working it up more often than trying to keep it down. If the inner animal is that thing inside you that's hungry, wants a cozy den to curl up in, and a pack to curl up with, I try to keep it happy as best I can.

I could do without it probably. It's caused some problems. And who has to deal with it?

Actually, I've never dissassociated like this before. It's always me. I can pat myself on the back though for not doing anything too screwed up for a while now.

morose bourgeoisie Array

I used to tell myself to think like an animal before going on stage. It made me less likely to overthink what I was doing, and be spontaneous.