• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thoughts on the so called 'Indigo children'.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not sure how many people people are familiar with 'Indigo children', wiki here, but I was wondering, if you read through this 'Indigo Quiz', would you be an indigo. While this is parapsychology, I figured that it might be interesting to see how much of this could be dismissed under the Forer Effect alone. The 'passing grade' is 20 out of 22.

Quiz:

1. Do you feel out of place in today's world?
2. Do you perceive the world very differently from most of the people you know?
3. Do you possess a deep desire to help the world by contributing or being of service in some way?
4. Are you prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares or difficulties falling asleep?
5. Do you have difficulty conforming to the ways and norms of society?
6. Do you feel frustration at the thought of leading an average life i.e. marriage, 2 children, picket white fence syndrome?
7. Are you intelligent although do not/did not necessarily achieve top grades at school?
8. Are you very creative in the areas of art, music, science and/or technology?
9. Do you have several on-going projects at any given time and often multi-task?
10. Do you have difficulty with authority: do you need to understand the reason behind what you're being asked to do?
11. Do you opt for leadership positions or working on your own rather than taking a team position?
12. Do you have enormous empathy for others, yet are intolerant of stupidity?
13. Have you had psychic experiences from an early age?
14. Do you have an intense interest in spiritual matters?
15. Do you have food or environmental sensitivities?
16. Do you feel frustrated even hopeless at the 'old' ways of doing things in education, politics or medicine?
17. Do you feel there is a better way of doing things but don't know how to make a difference in the world?
18. Do you have a strong intuition or knowledge of things that are unexplainable or do you often have a feeling that something is about to happen?
19. Do you feel annoyed when you are around superficial people?
20. Do you have an intense desire for truth and honesty?
21. Can you easily see through people's hidden agendas and facades?
22. Do you have an awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities?
So, are you an indigo?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure how many people people are familiar with 'Indigo children', wiki here, but I was wondering, if you read through this 'Indigo Quiz', would you be an indigo. While this is parapsychology, I figured that it might be interesting to see how much of this could be dismissed under the Forer Effect alone. The 'passing grade' is 20 out of 22.

Quiz:

So, are you an indigo?

This shit makes me sick. It's basically a self-congratulatory checklist of subjective traits that everyone's going to think applies to them. And then they get rewarded with a "special" title that makes them think they're God's gift to earth, and that people don't dislike them because the unwashed masses are "unevolved" - when in reality, it's because they're pretentious asshats.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some old cuckoo friends of mine I no longer talk to were all into this and intrigued by it, one of their mom's introduced them to it (this lady literally "speaks to the dead" and crap, supposedly she did a presentation on that to her local Unitarian Universalist church one time... she's serious about it, that should set the tone here). I remember reading an article upon google search about this-- "Indigo- the new color of money" ... That just about sums it up. The dudes who made a movie about it were just fleecing dollars away from more gullible souls who bought it. Luckily I got to "borrow" it from these folks and watch it, and I didn't even bother "ripping" it for safekeeping purposes because there was no way in hell I'd want to commit more minutes of my lifespan to that.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
1. Do you feel out of place in today's world?

I feel out of place, yes

2. Do you perceive the world very differently from most of the people you know?

Most definitely. There may be only one me. Yes

3. Do you possess a deep desire to help the world by contributing or being of service in some way?

Why yes, that would be lovely

4. Are you prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares or difficulties falling asleep?

Yes of course. I often have difficulty sleeping

5. Do you have difficulty conforming to the ways and norms of society?

Sure

6. Do you feel frustration at the thought of leading an average life i.e. marriage, 2 children, picket white fence syndrome?

Well I wouldn't be too comfortable with that, so yes

7. Are you intelligent although do not/did not necessarily achieve top grades at school?

I'm pretty stupid, but I got grades that were perfectly fine, so no

8. Are you very creative in the areas of art, music, science and/or technology?

No

9. Do you have several on-going projects at any given time and often multi-task?

I'm doing more than one thing right now, yes

10. Do you have difficulty with authority: do you need to understand the reason behind what you're being asked to do?

Yes. I like reason

11. Do you opt for leadership positions or working on your own rather than taking a team position?

I am the de facto leader, yes

12. Do you have enormous empathy for others, yet are intolerant of stupidity?

No, I have no empathy for others, and am quite tolerant of stupidity

13. Have you had psychic experiences from an early age?

Absolutely not

14. Do you have an intense interest in spiritual matters?

No, not intense. Not absent either

15. Do you have food or environmental sensitivities?

Sometimes ice cream hurts my teeth. I like sunny days. Strong yes

16. Do you feel frustrated even hopeless at the 'old' ways of doing things in education, politics or medicine?

I feel frustrated by a lot of things. Handwriting sticks out. Yes

17. Do you feel there is a better way of doing things but don't know how to make a difference in the world?

There is always a better way. I have no idea what to do. Yes

18. Do you have a strong intuition or knowledge of things that are unexplainable or do you often have a feeling that something is about to happen?

I can explain the explainable. Something is always about to happen. This question is answered with a yes and a no

19. Do you feel annoyed when you are around superficial people?

Not at all

20. Do you have an intense desire for truth and honesty?

Yes

21. Can you easily see through people's hidden agendas and facades?

No

I've read a wikipedia articles about time and tesseracts. Yes

Score

15 yes, 20 required for indigo child

I am 3/4ths indigo child

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
This shit makes me sick. It's basically a self-congratulatory checklist of subjective traits that everyone's going to think applies to them. And then they get rewarded with a "special" title that makes them think they're God's gift to earth, and that people don't dislike them because the unwashed masses are "unevolved" - when in reality, it's because they're pretentious asshats.

sheeple.png

There's nothing wrong with thinking you're special. There is something wrong with thinking you're superior to others. ;)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sheeple.png

There's nothing wrong with thinking you're special. There is something wrong with thinking you're superior to others. ;)

That picture nails it. And you'd theoretically be right, but superiority is relative. If you value a trait enough to wallow in it, and you rank yourself as having better use of those traits than other people - then piece by piece, you're saying you think you're better than others.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
That picture nails it. And you'd theoretically be right, but superiority is relative. If you value a trait enough to wallow in it, and you rank yourself as having better use of those traits than other people - then piece by piece, you're saying you think you're better than others.

I meant superior as a whole, not in a particular skillset. Either thinking you've got it all down pat or that other people and their skills are insignificant banalities. That sort of thing. :yes:

It's kinda sad that many find self-worth only in exclusion and dismissiveness. :/

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Holy shit, I'm a fucking Indigo child.

Seriously, I scored yes on each of those questions.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
Holy shit, I'm a fucking Indigo child.

Seriously, I scored yes on each of those questions.

That seriously made me laugh! The purest of indigos! XD

Some old cuckoo friends of mine I no longer talk to were all into this and intrigued by it, one of their mom's introduced them to it (this lady literally "speaks to the dead" and crap, supposedly she did a presentation on that to her local Unitarian Universalist church one time... she's serious about it, that should set the tone here). I remember reading an article upon google search about this-- "Indigo- the new color of money" ... That just about sums it up. The dudes who made a movie about it were just fleecing dollars away from more gullible souls who bought it. Luckily I got to "borrow" it from these folks and watch it, and I didn't even bother "ripping" it for safekeeping purposes because there was no way in hell I'd want to commit more minutes of my lifespan to that.

Exactly! In my light research into indigos, a lot of it was about various schemes devised to fleece as many as possible. Rather sad actually. I understand the appeal in people wanting to find comfort in parapsychological science, but wow, seeing how many scam stories there were, it was certainly disheartening.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My guess: It's a concept that parents made up who are finally seeing the good in the "weirdness" of their children. Some of them will never "just understand" but can still make it into something way more complicated and supernatural than it needs to be :tongue:

Wow, 20 out of 22? Last time I took one of these I only had to have like 4 out of 20 to be an indigo. I got 19 1/2, almost indigo but I have a little purple mixed in there...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Guess what, I'm not special. 15/22. :cry:
What the **** are you guys smoking? :ninja:

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I scored 100% on the "Unobtainium Children" test. Take it and find out if you may be one of us Link.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
My guess: It's a concept that parents made up who are finally seeing the good in the "weirdness" of their children. Some of them will never "just understand" but can still make it into something way more complicated and supernatural than it needs to be :tongue:

I agree with you here. People with autism entering the workforce is a good example. :yes:

I also love how they imply that these children are inherently superior. It's like eugenics for the spiritually-minded. Or like that Homestuck thing where the color of your blood defines your status in society. :alttongue: