User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Thoughts on the so called 'Indigo children'.

I'm not sure how many people people are familiar with 'Indigo children', wiki here, but I was wondering, if you read through this 'Indigo Quiz', would you be an indigo. While this is parapsychology, I figured that it might be interesting to see how much of this could be dismissed under the Forer Effect alone. The 'passing grade' is 20 out of 22.

Quiz:

1. Do you feel out of place in today's world?
    2. Do you perceive the world very differently from most of the people you know?
    3. Do you possess a deep desire to help the world by contributing or being of service in some way?
    4. Are you prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares or difficulties falling asleep?
    5. Do you have difficulty conforming to the ways and norms of society?
    6. Do you feel frustration at the thought of leading an average life i.e. marriage, 2 children, picket white fence syndrome?
    7. Are you intelligent although do not/did not necessarily achieve top grades at school?
    8. Are you very creative in the areas of art, music, science and/or technology?
    9. Do you have several on-going projects at any given time and often multi-task?
    10. Do you have difficulty with authority: do you need to understand the reason behind what you're being asked to do?
    11. Do you opt for leadership positions or working on your own rather than taking a team position?
    12. Do you have enormous empathy for others, yet are intolerant of stupidity?
    13. Have you had psychic experiences from an early age?
    14. Do you have an intense interest in spiritual matters?
    15. Do you have food or environmental sensitivities?
    16. Do you feel frustrated even hopeless at the 'old' ways of doing things in education, politics or medicine?
    17. Do you feel there is a better way of doing things but don't know how to make a difference in the world?
    18. Do you have a strong intuition or knowledge of things that are unexplainable or do you often have a feeling that something is about to happen?
    19. Do you feel annoyed when you are around superficial people?
    20. Do you have an intense desire for truth and honesty?
    21. Can you easily see through people's hidden agendas and facades?
    22. Do you have an awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities?
    So, are you an indigo?
    INFJ; 9w1 so/sp/sx; EII; RCOAI; Neutral Good

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
    I'm not sure how many people people are familiar with 'Indigo children', wiki here, but I was wondering, if you read through this 'Indigo Quiz', would you be an indigo. While this is parapsychology, I figured that it might be interesting to see how much of this could be dismissed under the Forer Effect alone. The 'passing grade' is 20 out of 22.

Quiz:

So, are you an indigo?
    This shit makes me sick. It's basically a self-congratulatory checklist of subjective traits that everyone's going to think applies to them. And then they get rewarded with a "special" title that makes them think they're God's gift to earth, and that people don't dislike them because the unwashed masses are "unevolved" - when in reality, it's because they're pretentious asshats.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Some old cuckoo friends of mine I no longer talk to were all into this and intrigued by it, one of their mom's introduced them to it (this lady literally "speaks to the dead" and crap, supposedly she did a presentation on that to her local Unitarian Universalist church one time... she's serious about it, that should set the tone here). I remember reading an article upon google search about this-- "Indigo- the new color of money" ... That just about sums it up. The dudes who made a movie about it were just fleecing dollars away from more gullible souls who bought it. Luckily I got to "borrow" it from these folks and watch it, and I didn't even bother "ripping" it for safekeeping purposes because there was no way in hell I'd want to commit more minutes of my lifespan to that.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP

1. Do you feel out of place in today's world?

I feel out of place, yes

2. Do you perceive the world very differently from most of the people you know?

Most definitely. There may be only one me. Yes

3. Do you possess a deep desire to help the world by contributing or being of service in some way?

Why yes, that would be lovely

4. Are you prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares or difficulties falling asleep?

Yes of course. I often have difficulty sleeping

5. Do you have difficulty conforming to the ways and norms of society?

Sure

6. Do you feel frustration at the thought of leading an average life i.e. marriage, 2 children, picket white fence syndrome?

Well I wouldn't be too comfortable with that, so yes

7. Are you intelligent although do not/did not necessarily achieve top grades at school?

I'm pretty stupid, but I got grades that were perfectly fine, so no

8. Are you very creative in the areas of art, music, science and/or technology?

No

9. Do you have several on-going projects at any given time and often multi-task?

I'm doing more than one thing right now, yes

10. Do you have difficulty with authority: do you need to understand the reason behind what you're being asked to do?

Yes. I like reason

11. Do you opt for leadership positions or working on your own rather than taking a team position?

I am the de facto leader, yes

12. Do you have enormous empathy for others, yet are intolerant of stupidity?

No, I have no empathy for others, and am quite tolerant of stupidity

13. Have you had psychic experiences from an early age?

Absolutely not

14. Do you have an intense interest in spiritual matters?

No, not intense. Not absent either

15. Do you have food or environmental sensitivities?

Sometimes ice cream hurts my teeth. I like sunny days. Strong yes

16. Do you feel frustrated even hopeless at the 'old' ways of doing things in education, politics or medicine?

I feel frustrated by a lot of things. Handwriting sticks out. Yes

17. Do you feel there is a better way of doing things but don't know how to make a difference in the world?

There is always a better way. I have no idea what to do. Yes

18. Do you have a strong intuition or knowledge of things that are unexplainable or do you often have a feeling that something is about to happen?

I can explain the explainable. Something is always about to happen. This question is answered with a yes and a no

19. Do you feel annoyed when you are around superficial people?

Not at all

20. Do you have an intense desire for truth and honesty?

Yes

21. Can you easily see through people's hidden agendas and facades?

No

22. Do you have an awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities?

I've read a wikipedia articles about time and tesseracts. Yes

Score

15 yes, 20 required for indigo child

I am 3/4ths indigo child

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    This shit makes me sick. It's basically a self-congratulatory checklist of subjective traits that everyone's going to think applies to them. And then they get rewarded with a "special" title that makes them think they're God's gift to earth, and that people don't dislike them because the unwashed masses are "unevolved" - when in reality, it's because they're pretentious asshats.

There's nothing wrong with thinking you're special. There is something wrong with thinking you're superior to others.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post

There's nothing wrong with thinking you're special. There is something wrong with thinking you're superior to others.
    That picture nails it. And you'd theoretically be right, but superiority is relative. If you value a trait enough to wallow in it, and you rank yourself as having better use of those traits than other people - then piece by piece, you're saying you think you're better than others.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    That picture nails it. And you'd theoretically be right, but superiority is relative. If you value a trait enough to wallow in it, and you rank yourself as having better use of those traits than other people - then piece by piece, you're saying you think you're better than others.
    I meant superior as a whole, not in a particular skillset. Either thinking you've got it all down pat or that other people and their skills are insignificant banalities. That sort of thing.

It's kinda sad that many find self-worth only in exclusion and dismissiveness. :/
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Holy shit, I'm a fucking Indigo child.

Seriously, I scored yes on each of those questions.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Holy shit, I'm a fucking Indigo child.

Seriously, I scored yes on each of those questions.
    That seriously made me laugh! The purest of indigos! XD

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Some old cuckoo friends of mine I no longer talk to were all into this and intrigued by it, one of their mom's introduced them to it (this lady literally "speaks to the dead" and crap, supposedly she did a presentation on that to her local Unitarian Universalist church one time... she's serious about it, that should set the tone here). I remember reading an article upon google search about this-- "Indigo- the new color of money" ... That just about sums it up. The dudes who made a movie about it were just fleecing dollars away from more gullible souls who bought it. Luckily I got to "borrow" it from these folks and watch it, and I didn't even bother "ripping" it for safekeeping purposes because there was no way in hell I'd want to commit more minutes of my lifespan to that.
    Exactly! In my light research into indigos, a lot of it was about various schemes devised to fleece as many as possible. Rather sad actually. I understand the appeal in people wanting to find comfort in parapsychological science, but wow, seeing how many scam stories there were, it was certainly disheartening.
    INFJ; 9w1 so/sp/sx; EII; RCOAI; Neutral Good

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Indigo children are sooo 2005.

Crystal children are where it's at now.

http://www.crystalchild.net/