• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this a normal thought proccess?

see thread

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My mom says it's not, I don't believe her. so I'm gathering data to prove her wrong

thinking Killing self or people you're living with because you can't stand the enviroment. btw I moved out of that place

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i think that when one is trapped in an unbearable situation, the those thoughts can come to mind... but the answer as you have stated is to change the situation by getting out.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not purplz, it may seem the only option and trust me iv'e had plenty of those thoughts myself but the vast majority of people just don't think of those things as "options".
It's really true, from what i can gather at least.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's not purplz, it may seem the only option and trust me iv'e had plenty of those thoughts myself but the vast majority of people just don't think of those things as "options".
It's really true, from what i can gather at least.

maybe they just deny it

G

Glycerine

I think it's "normal" to think that but acting on it is not.

G

Glycerine

this is what i think

I have thought that about my parents even but of course, I didn't REALLY want to do it or was planning to. It was the product of anger, stress, and frustration, more or less.

Haven't most people thought, "God, I really want to kill her right now" but only more like a passing thought?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have thought that about my parents even but of course, I didn't REALLY want to do it or was planning to. It was the product of anger, stress, and frustration, more or less.

exactly

plaminal

MBTI Type
xSFP
Enneagram
7?
My thoughts have been just to get away. The farthest I've gone, even in my thoughts, was to want to give someone a powerful kick somewhere that it would really hurt.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My thoughts have been just to get away. The farthest I've gone, even in my thoughts, was to want to give someone a powerful kick somewhere that it would really hurt.

Really? I think stuff like that all the time

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there is a big difference between the thought occurring to you vs. actually having intentions or serious fantasies about it. It's not that strange to have the thought cross your mind briefly, but having it recur or dwelling on it or say, imagining ways to carry it out is a sign that you need to talk to someone.

G

Glycerine

there is a big difference between the thought occurring to you vs. actually having intentions or serious fantasies about it. It's not that strange to have the thought cross your mind briefly, but having it recur or dwelling on it or say, imagining ways to carry it out is a sign that you need to talk to someone.
I assumed that prpl was referring to the former... :shrug: If it's the former, I bet most people have had the thought.......
Maybe [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] can clarify?

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
No.

If you're genuinely thinking about killing (literally, just not figuratively) yourself or other people, that's a very dangerous impulse to have, and talking to someone professional about it is the first course of action you should be taking, before someone gets hurt.

VagrantFarce

Normal, abnormal... I think healthy/unhealthy is a more apt dichotomy in this case.

Whatever you need to do in order to quiet your mind, I suggest you do that. But get away from these thoughts, you shouldn't be justifying them.

G

Glycerine

ahhh... well, I don't really dwell on it but I have had the thought a few times for a split second. I would kill myself before I would kill others....

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't really think about killing people, so I'm not sure if that's normal or not. Obviously, moving out is the sane choice.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't really think about killing people, so I'm not sure if that's normal or not. Obviously, moving out is the sane choice.

Does it still count if I wasnt the one who decided. Because when I tried they wouldn't let me

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
why is the poll always tied? so i'm getting the conclusion it's half normal

xisnotx

Permabanned
I've always wanted to die before my mom. I'd be a wreck if she died before me. At the end of the day, you are literally an extension of her.
My mom has put up with so much bs in her life that I consider it a small miracle that she didn't kill me.