User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I hate hate hate my own personal limitations. They drive me crazy. Although some specific ones do not bother me - for instance, I have never cared that I am bad at sports.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    1. How do you know when you've reached your limit?
    When my health deteriorates. I get fibromyalga symptoms and need to relax for a while and get enough sleep.

2. Do you find it easy or difficult to accept your own limitations?
    Difficult. If I did, I would eventually have probably committed suicide.

3. Do you think that some people just don't have the talent to achieve certain things or do you believe that people can accomplish just about anything that they put their mind to?
    Outside of sports, which has a high natural genetic influence, I think people can do anything given enough time and resources. If it's a question of time, then some people will have better ability in completing certain tasks quicker or without certain kinds of aids; and in that case some things people won't achieve, while in other things they will.

But I think more in terms of standards. In my mind, I don't see being the best as an achievement, but reaching plateaus of standards as achievements. I'd rather have a wide-range of average abilities and knowledge about the world and be able to apply that for adaptability and maximum leverage than be remembered as the absolute best at something.

It's a little ironic because to do so I'm basically saying it's an achievement to be average, but not any more of an achievement to be the best. Is it then because I'm incapable and justify my ineptitude this way or because I truly see more benefit in being average? If there's a way to distinguish between the two, what would it be?

I don't know...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    1. How do you know when you've reached your limit?
    When I'm completely mentally and/or physically exhausted, when I can't think or move anymore, basically.
    Mental exhaustion has never happened to me, yet. Physical exhaustion - yes, when I was cycling professionally.

2. Do you find it easy or difficult to accept your own limitations?
    Pretty easy. When I can't do something as good as someone else, it's rather obvious - especially when there's a ranking and someone else is clearly more talented than me, ceteris paribus.

Even if I were to try not to accept them, you can be sure that someone will be quick enough to point out my worthlessness at doing activity X at a very high level. At least that's my experience with life, when you're entering a very competitive endeavor.

3. Do you think that some people just don't have the talent to achieve certain things or do you believe that people can accomplish just about anything that they put their mind to?
    Of course most people don't have the talent to achieve most very high-level things. Again, this is especially true when there is a ranking i.e. where only the X top percent will be allowed to proceed towards a specific "life path".

Y'all fukkin americans with your "arrghhh I don't want to have personal limits bla bla" :P :P
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    When I'm completely mentally and/or physically exhausted, when I can't think or move anymore, basically.
    Mental exhaustion has never happened to me, yet. Physical exhaustion - yes, when I was cycling professionally.

Pretty easy. When I can't do something as good as someone else, it's rather obvious - especially when there's a ranking and someone else is clearly more talented than me, ceteris paribus.

Even if I were to try not to accept them, you can be sure that someone will be quick enough to point out my worthlessness at doing activity X at a very high level. At least that's my experience with life, when you're entering a very competitive endeavor.

Of course most people don't have the talent to achieve most very high-level things. Again, this is especially true when there is a ranking i.e. where only the X top percent will be allowed to proceed towards a specific "life path".

Y'all fukkin americans with your "arrghhh I don't want to have personal limits bla bla" :P :P
    Yeah, justifiably, because no one wants to be a worthless, disposable bag of flesh.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg