User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My grandmother's a little crazy. Whatever it is, it hasn't been diagnosed, and my dad and my aunt have been really thorough in shielding my cousins and me from it. So all I know, through the grapevine (and not from actually talking to her), is that she was convinced at one point in her life that all Chinese people were plotting to kill her.
    I know what that's like. My grandma had Alzheimers. She died in 1998 at age 74. My grandpa had dementia with Pakinsons and died last year at age 91.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

My father. It's a bit hard to pin down.

I know for a fact that he has been hospitalized in a psychiatric unit twice when I was a teenager (my parents divorced years before that), not sure what for. I know that when he went into early retirement the official reason was a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. He said not to worry, a colleagues wrote that diagnosis as a favor (my dad is/was both a medical doctor and a psychotherapist at different stages of his life) and that he wasn't really bipolar. Not sure what to think of it.
    I also know for a fact that he has had a problem with alcohol, probably for a looooong time. But that was never explicitely discussed, only alluded to.

My impression is that he has suffered from serious depression more than once. He is a highly sensitive INFJ and has always had problems coping with the world.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

My grandfather has schizophrenia, my great-grandmother had dementia, and I'm pretty sure my father has some sort of mental disorder.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Both of my parents suffered from chronic, unrelenting depression. My mother was an alcoholic. She died of alcohol induced cardiac arrhythmia from binge drinking. My dad botched his suicide attempt and suffered as a paraplegic and dialysis patient for almost 3 years before he died.

My mother's mother was crazy as hell. I don't know if she was mentally ill or just an extremely mean, vicious woman. Chasing people with a hatchet because they disrespected her?

I have a metabolic disorder and Grave's that mis-dx'd as BPD for a decade.

MBTI
    eNFJ

My dad's side of the family has a mental disorder called champagne taste and they throw money around like it grows on trees. Not only did I inherit that disorder, I thoroughly enjoy it!
    - MB

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

One relative has a form of dementia that makes them prone to violence...but I'm not really allowed to say more.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.