User Tag List

First 23456 Last

figsfiggyfigs

None. Although one of my dad's distant cousins is a bit off... Don't know what he has though.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    None. Although one of my dad's distant cousins is a bit off... Don't know what he has though.
    No-one with Narcissistic personality disorder? hmmm
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    No-one with Narcissistic personality disorder? hmmm
    Nope! I'm the first case!

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

both my little brother and i have mental illnesses, incidentally, we have different fathers and our illnesses came from their sides, not mums.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

no, although i have a great deal of compassion for people with mental illness in their family or who are on meds for some disorder.

that compassion stops at my doorstep. irl, i avoid their company like the plague.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by AgentF View Post
    no, although i have a great deal of compassion for people with mental illness in their family or who are on meds for some disorder.

that compassion stops at my doorstep. irl, i avoid their company like the plague.
    Really? Explain.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Schizophrenic mother.

She's wonderful, and seems almost cosmically creative to me. She loves my father and is loved by him; they are one of the happiest couples I know (though it wasn't always that way - his ISFJ sensibilities didn't always jive with the vagueries and illogic of her illness). My brother and I feel like she's delicate (she's an even more tender-hearted variation on INFP than you normally find) and have always taken good care of her and probably tried to parent her a bit.

I think I actually idealize her illness; the negative aspects are under the strict management of her meds while her creativity and "other-ness," which I admire in anyone who has it, remain pretty forefront. Still, though. Does not want. I'd rather be sane than special.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by AgentF View Post

when you treat them like a leper, how can you say you have compassion?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Really? Explain.
    yes, really. i've seen people i care about turned into walking lab experiments by meds and am far too sensitive to not get pulled onto the roller coaster. in their particular cases, they self-destructed and that was that; a healthy friendship with them was impossible at that point.

so no new attachments to people with such backgrounds. an unpopular opinion, particularly in a place like this, but i'd rather view some things from afar.

*there are occasional, extremely rare exceptions. so rare that it's not worth going into but they are exceptions to an otherwise firm policy.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

In some ways I have to agree with @AgentF 's assessment, sometimes when in a friendship with someone who has an illness it can be very hard to cope with ups/downs/medicated/non medicated/healthy/self destructive cycles and not get pulled into it yourself. Which can be inevitable when you care about someone. I know I've had to end a friendship because of a girlfriends inability to manage her borderline personality disorder, and as much as I loved being around her it was a wholly unhealthy relationship.

I also understand when people can't handle my bipolar, or those who think they can (as I'm always very open about it), but when faced with the reality of a manic or depressive episode find that it's too much.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs