User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I know it's so funny when @Giggly does that- tries to mention about her supposed "normalcy"- I bet she's over there in her house in whatever town being abnormal. Never believe anyone on the internet.

06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Hm...sometimes I wonder if my ENTJ ex-boss' assumption that I have CAPD is true or not. Yeah, wonders if I have a screw loose but who doesn't think that at at least one point in their life?
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INTP

I am not okay but I hope to be some day

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Most people aren't sexual deviants. But most times the word "deviant behavior" is used, it deviates from the standard definition. "Deviant" behavior is just what most of us do behind closed doors.
    I agree. Funny you should mention that, I was just wondering about the word "Fetish". Like what's the difference between a sexual fetish and something that turns you on?

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I know it's so funny when @Giggly does that- tries to mention about her supposed "normalcy"- I bet she's over there in her house in whatever town being abnormal. Never believe anyone on the internet.

I actually do think I'm weird, but once I realized that nobody ever thinks they're normal, my weirdness became normal.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Everyone has some sort of problem, so I suppose "okay" means that you do not hurt other people on purpose, and that you can have decent relationships with other people.

I have questioned several times in my life, "Did I turn out OK?" Then I think that I have managed to stay married for almost 20 years and have a great relationship and I think, OK, I can at least have a good relationship with the person I live with, so that must mean that I have some good emotional/relational stability. Then I start to question it - maybe he is just a really together guy who can handle me, when no one else can. Or maybe there is something wrong with both of us, but it works somehow, so it appears to be normal. Ah, too much time spent in the brain!

I just pray that I don't mess up my kids. I see my other friends do these foolish things to their children while they remain completely oblivious to what they have done. And I start to worry that I am messing up my children somehow, but don't know that I am doing it. How many people pray, "Lord, don't let me mess up my kids." I bet it's a lot.

It would be nice to define ok by my own standards and not have to worry about other people's standards, but as an INFJ, I have a feeling that will never quite happen successfully.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That's the million dollar question isn't it?
    You're a born psychiatrist, always answering a question with a question.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

All I know is that I could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    lol

I said I was okay in that thread because I don't think sex is gross nor am I a sexual deviant.

In terms of general mental/emotional health, I have "tender spots" that I'm working on but I think I'm okay otherwise.
    What if it is the other way and your tender spots are okay? How many tender spots till we aren't okay? The mind boggles...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Most people aren't sexual deviants. But most times the word "deviant behavior" is used, it deviates from the standard definition. "Deviant" behavior is just what most of us do behind closed doors.
    We are talking about okay. Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I know it's so funny when Giggly does that- tries to mention about her supposed "normalcy"- I bet she's over there in her house in whatever town being abnormal. Never believe anyone on the internet.

Can you believe anyone any time? People seem to be defining okay by fitting into society. My question is... what if they all nuts? Or at least not telling you the truth... how many people would tell you are nuts? Not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Hm...sometimes I wonder if my ENTJ ex-boss' assumption that I have CAPD is true or not. Yeah, wonders if I have a screw loose but who doesn't think that at at least one point in their life?
    Yeah... what's CAPD. Ironic that it is caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I am not okay but I hope to be some day
    Good on ya.

I agree. Funny you should mention that, I was just wondering about the word "Fetish". Like what's the difference between a sexual fetish and something that turns you on?

I actually do think I'm weird, but once I realized that nobody ever thinks they're normal, my weirdness became normal.
    The difference is you have to have it. Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Everyone has some sort of problem, so I suppose "okay" means that you do not hurt other people on purpose, and that you can have decent relationships with other people.

I have questioned several times in my life, "Did I turn out OK?" Then I think that I have managed to stay married for almost 20 years and have a great relationship and I think, OK, I can at least have a good relationship with the person I live with, so that must mean that I have some good emotional/relational stability. Then I start to question it - maybe he is just a really together guy who can handle me, when no one else can. Or maybe there is something wrong with both of us, but it works somehow, so it appears to be normal. Ah, too much time spent in the brain!

I just pray that I don't mess up my kids. I see my other friends do these foolish things to their children while they remain completely oblivious to what they have done. And I start to worry that I am messing up my children somehow, but don't know that I am doing it. How many people pray, "Lord, don't let me mess up my kids." I bet it's a lot.

It would be nice to define ok by my own standards and not have to worry about other people's standards, but as an INFJ, I have a feeling that will never quite happen successfully.
    Lord, don't let me mess up my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    You're a born psychiatrist, always answering a question with a question.
    I almost said to define okay is the answer. That is right too.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    All I know is that I could be worse.
    Yeah, couldn't we all. Could be better to I s'pose.

We need an answer that scales and we can carry around with us. Not reliant on the environment, that never lasts.

MBTI
    yupp

I think most people are ok, for the most part.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Funny you should mention that, I was just wondering about the word "Fetish". Like what's the difference between a sexual fetish and something that turns you on?
    If it is a turn-on, it's a preference, something nice to have. A fetish is something you must have in order to function sexually. That, to the best of my knowledge, is the definition of a fetish.

EDIT: just did a little research: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_fetishism

There seems to be more than one form or definition though.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari