• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strengths/weaknesses reversed

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't believe that most of the "positive" personality traits are just that - positive without a downside. OTOH, I believe many of the "bad" personality traits have a bright side as well - well, perhaps with the exception of "murderous". Murderous is a personality trait, right? No?

I'm gonna announce an exercise.

1) Each post, write 2 original words where 1 describes a good personal quality, and 1 that describes a bad one. Example: +honest, -greedy
2) Comment on the previous posters words - 1 from the "good" category and 1 from the "bad". Find bad in the good, and find good in the bad. For example, honest=self-righteous, greedy=economical.

Have fun!

G

Glycerine

Our greatest strengths can be one and the same as our greatest weaknesses.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well yeah.. they can be a double-edged sword. What will people come up with from these traits?

+intellectual
-easily discouraged

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So long as no one gets their panties in a wad with a bunch of "How does THAT pair up with THAT?!" I'll play. :D

+ Cautious
- Defensive

- Angry
+ Honest

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
+Cautious = -lacking initiative
-Defensive = +self-preserving

and new ones.. (unrelated traits)

+gregarious
-cowardly

Silveresque

+calm
-lazy/procrastinating

-quiet/reserved
+not noisy and annoying???

+patient
-procrastinating

-solitary/loner
+self-sufficient/independent

+cautious
-self-doubting/indecisive

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
+outgoing
-trouble being happy alone

+kind
-trouble saying no

-antisocial
+independent

-overly sensitive
+passionate and caring

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

My above post gave two examples of things typically thought to be strengths. For example, most people would probably perceive traits such as outgoing and kind as strengths. Yet the potential downside to being too outgoing is not wanting to ever be alone. On second thought, maybe that isn't the most accurate downside. Someone who is too kind may have trouble saying no because they don't want to be perceived as being mean or hurting someone's feelings.

Conversely, traits such as antisocial and overly sensitive are typically looked at as weaknesses. Yet antisocial can have a plus side, being someone who doesn't need to rely on people for things. Someone who is overly sensitive may be that way because they are very passionate emotionally and care very deeply about things.

Hopefully that made some sense.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My above post gave two examples of things typically thought to be strengths. For example, most people would probably perceive traits such as outgoing and kind as strengths. Yet the potential downside to being too outgoing is not wanting to ever be alone. On second thought, maybe that isn't the most accurate downside. Someone who is too kind may have trouble saying no because they don't want to be perceived as being mean or hurting someone's feelings.

Conversely, traits such as antisocial and overly sensitive are typically looked at as weaknesses. Yet antisocial can have a plus side, being someone who doesn't need to rely on people for things. Someone who is overly sensitive may be that way because they are very passionate emotionally and care very deeply about things.

Hopefully that made some sense.

Yeah, getting it wasn't the problem. I can't really articulate what is so wtf about it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, getting it wasn't the problem. I can't really articulate what is so wtf about it.

Then you shouldn't post things like WTF if you can't articulate why.