User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

This is the perfect feeling of what I have had for the longest time...

Marinate

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    This is the perfect feeling of what I have had for the longest time...
    It's a feeling, like any feeling. And it's your feeling. You can do with it what you wish. Or are you going to tell me you are completely dominated by your feelings?

When we are babies and children, we can't modulate our own feelings so we rely upon our parents to modulate our feelings for us. And as we mature, we learn to modulate our own feelings ourselves.

However some of us never learn and constantly look for someone to resue us from our own feelings, and when they don't appear like Mum and Dad used to, we marinate in our existential loneliness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's a feeling, like any feeling. And it's your feeling. You can do with it what you wish. Or are you going to tell me you are completely dominated by your feelings?

When we are babies and children, we can't modulate our own feelings so we rely upon our parents to modulate our feelings for us. And as we mature, we learn to modulate our own feelings ourselves.

However some of us never learn and constantly look for someone to resue us from our own feelings, and when they don't appear like Mum and Dad used to, we marinate in our existential loneliness.
    I used to be as (in my opinion) "dominated by these feelings" as you suggested but not anymore. Now, I just feel nothing about it. I have one good friend that I really trust and another online friend that I trust a lot. However, even with them in my life and a loving family I feel lonely but I just live with it. I can't explain it since I feel I am "lucky" to have them, I shouldn't feel "lonely" but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    I used to be as (in my opinion) "dominated by these feelings" as you suggested but not anymore. Now, I just feel nothing about it. I have one good friend that I really trust and another online friend that I trust a lot. However, even with them in my life and a loving family I feel lonely but I just live with it. I can't explain it since I feel I am "lucky" to have them, I shouldn't feel "lonely" but I do.
    I've been lonely in my life and have felt the pangs of loneliness. The way out for me was to start to share myself with others. So I attended an encounter group for two years to learn to share myself with others, and to help others share themselves too.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Has anyone else experienced it? It's the kind of loneliness that doesn't go away by being with other people. For me, it's the feeling that I have never, and will never, be able to connect with a single human being in any truly meaningful way. It makes friendships and social interactions seem only surface deep, unsatisfying, and ultimately meaningless. I used to think that I felt lonely because I was a recluse and didn't have enough friends, but I've found that even after making more friends and socializing daily, the loneliness hasn't gone away at all.

A subject described in existential fiction.

Moravia
    Camus
    Sartre
    Koestler
    Orwell

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I've been lonely in my life and have felt the pangs of loneliness. The way out for me was to start to share myself with others. So I attended an encounter group for two years to learn to share myself with others, and to help others share themselves too.
    It is called allocentrism.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Has anyone else experienced it? It's the kind of loneliness that doesn't go away by being with other people. For me, it's the feeling that I have never, and will never, be able to connect with a single human being in any truly meaningful way. It makes friendships and social interactions seem only surface deep, unsatisfying, and ultimately meaningless. I used to think that I felt lonely because I was a recluse and didn't have enough friends, but I've found that even after making more friends and socializing daily, the loneliness hasn't gone away at all.
    Of course I know that feeling. It pretty much defines my life.

But the thing is, even if all the connections we have with others aren't meaningful in a universal or long-term way.. we can still enjoy one another. We can make each other laugh, we can make each other feel needed, and we can worry about/care for each other... we can even make people feel included, relevant, and special.

Really, I think that's the ultimate meaning of our connections to others. We can evoke certain feelings in one another. Even if we're all alone in the end, we can provide some form of solace and distraction for one another along the road.

I hope that helps.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I guess I must be lucky if I'm not feeling this. I like being alone, I can be alone whenever I want. I also like being with other people and getting an insight into their life and sharing my own, even if it's only little by little. I always feel satisfied after socialization.
    5 3 9

Teen Spirit

I must admit existential loneliness smells to me of teen spirit.