fart

thinking of you

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I think of the functions as natural inclinations like sexual orientation, we can freely choose whether to act on our sexual orientation or not.

Under some circumstances it might be beneficial to ignore/deny our orientation but to do that for too long is likely to leave you feeling trapped an unfulfilled, just like mbti.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Free will is an illusion. So is MBTI.

At any rate, OP is nonsensical:
    Quote Originally Posted by confused bunny
    it feels like it's less about what I want to do and more about "well, I'm a Fi-Dom, so of course I will do x."
    Being "Fi-dom" is about your personal preferences.
    Preferences are about what you want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Free will is an illusion. So is MBTI.

At any rate, OP is nonsensical:

Being "Fi-dom" is about your personal preferences.
    Preferences are about what you want to do.
    missing the point completely is not an illusion.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I think of the functions as natural inclinations like sexual orientation, we can freely choose whether to act on our sexual orientation or not.
    Under some circumstances it might be beneficial to ignore/deny our orientation but to do that for too long is likely to leave you feeling trapped an unfulfilled, just like mbti.
    a poor comparison. an INFP using Te is completely different from a homosexual man having sex with a woman. while the actual act itself is possible, it is impossible to choose which gender you are attracted to unless you are bisexual (only a complete imbecile would try and choose to be homosexual, though sadly, I've known a few that did, like they thought it was something that goes in and out of style lol). it is natural for an INFP to use some Te; it's just like a naturally weaker muscle that needs to be grown (that INFP is not going to be able to do what Gordon Gekko does lol). if we're going to use sexual preference as a comparison, it's really more like a bisexual woman who was 80% attracted to women and 20% attracted to men, but grew her preference for men.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I find that the more I learn about JCF, enneagram, mbti, etc... The more easily I can parse why I make the decisions I do, or react the way I do. At times it feels like it's less about what I want to do and more about "well, I'm a Fi-Dom, so of course I will do x."

Does this make sense? I'm hoping for discussion from others with their own thoughts and experiences about themselves.
    Between fate and type, it's a wonder we can actually decide when to go to the bathroom

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I find that the more I learn about JCF, enneagram, mbti, etc... The more easily I can parse why I make the decisions I do, or react the way I do. At times it feels like it's less about what I want to do and more about "well, I'm a Fi-Dom, so of course I will do x."

Does this make sense? I'm hoping for discussion from others with their own thoughts and experiences about themselves.
    It no more precludes free will than deciding upon A precludes "not A".

You get to CHOOSE to be/do A or not A. You don't get to dither.

It is possible, of course, to make a choice when one does not realize there is a choice to be made, and one thus finds one's choice made long ago.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

.....the bisexual woman that is 80% attracted to woman and 20% attracted to men also CANNOT grow her preferences for men (or women). You can't force who you're attracted to. In the same way you said before about homosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    a poor comparison. an INFP using Te is completely different from a homosexual man having sex with a woman. while the actual act itself is possible, it is impossible to choose which gender you are attracted to unless you are bisexual (only a complete imbecile would try and choose to be homosexual, though sadly, I've known a few that did, like they thought it was something that goes in and out of style lol). it is natural for an INFP to use some Te; it's just like a naturally weaker muscle that needs to be grown (that INFP is not going to be able to do what Gordon Gekko does lol). if we're going to use sexual preference as a comparison, it's really more like a bisexual woman who was 80% attracted to women and 20% attracted to men, but grew her preference for men.

Riva

Yes it does.

Yesterday I wanted to go to bed at 11 o'clock like I planned, but I couldn't make myself do it because ENTPs are not supposed to be good at sticking to a schedule.
    So I went to bed 5 minutes later.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    .....the bisexual woman that is 80% attracted to woman and 20% attracted to men also CANNOT grow her preferences for men (or women). You can't force who you're attracted to. In the same way you said before about homosexuality.
    I didn't quite word that the right way. what I meant was that the bisexual woman attracted to 20% men can still have a successful relationship with a man just like an INFP can still use Te. it's just that in both instances it requires a little more work.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire