• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Valuing values

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Just as a matter of interest. I should like to see if values are common in all types, or if what personality type we are influences what we value most.

So...pick from the following list 3 values that resonate most with you, or are what you believe in/try to live by. :yes:

For some people, a couple of the values may be the same (eg, loyalty may mean solely loyalty to family, in which case, pick what is most representative.)

Feel free to give explanations why, too.

The experiement begins. :nerd:

And yes, ONLY three. Prioritise. That's half the experiment. :devil:

---------------

Courage
Truth
Loyalty
Friendship/Fraternity/Camaraderie
Love
Compassion
Kindness
Gentleness
Happiness
Freedom
Independence
Honour
Kinship/Family
Leadership
Harmony
Peace
Inner truth/calm
Adaptability
Steadfastness
Responsibility (for self/others)
Duty

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On your blog, I chose friendship, kindness and freedom, because I find love and safety in those three.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
1. Truth
2. Courage
3. Independence

If I can't maintain those in my daily life things start to fall apart and I get trapped in negative habits, which usually only fuel more negative habits.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) chose adaptability, loyalty and freedom in your blog

*whatever strongly desires inner peace though :cry:

ygolo

My termites win
  1. Truth
  2. Love
  3. Freedom

Hard to chose the 3rd, but 1st and 2nd have the most importance and meaning for me.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Responsibility
Compassion
Freedom

I think a lot of those values overlap (for instance, love/compassion/kindness), so I tended to pick the words that appealed to me the most.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Courage –because with courage you will always be free, and true to yourself and what you stand for.
Loyalty –which encompasses family, friends, and the things and people you stand steadfast by.
Gentleness—because it takes more strength to be gentle than to be violent.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Independence (same thing as freedom really)
Courage
Truth

... and the pursuit of happiness.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Harmony
Freedom (which, to me, is related to independace very closely)
Honour (this last one was a toss up, but I'll say honour)

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
1. Independence
2. Adaptability
3. Responsibility

It doesn't always depend on types, but how you grew up can also influence your values.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
1. Truth
2. Loyalty
3. Compassion

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. Peace

I fear upheaval and change, and can't deal with too much information at once, so I hope for enough peace to have an opportunity to make good decisions about the most important choices rather than feeling rushed and always making awful ones. Peace of mind is the primary reason to have law/order, in my opinion, as it is impossible without it. I understand that change is as inevitable as death, but my hope is that it will be slow and less rapid so that my peace isn't disrupted.

2. Compassion

People should try to be compassionate enough to inspire others to feel likewise, otherwise no one will feel any obligation to be compassionate. This is the thing that compels people to create order... the desire that this creates, to benefit a whole group, rather than just themselves.

3. Truth

Becoming blind to the truth is always the downfall of any people. Coming to believe that certain things are inherently good regardless of their actual effects, believing that what is pleasurable/easy now is more important than the later consequences, or even developing an unqualified belief that a deity will save them without any action on their part are all examples of what happen to people who forget how to see truth.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Independence/Freedom (They're the same in my opinion).-The most important thing to me, and what I almost always value over all else.
Truth
Courage

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
  1. Love
  2. Truth
  3. Compassion

We have a thread like this with a typer here.

cheers,
Ian

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Truth
2. Courage
3. Independence

If I can't maintain those in my daily life things start to fall apart and I get trapped in negative habits, which usually only fuel more negative habits.

I noticed a lot of people chose "truth" and to come clean, I almost did too. The reason I didn't ultimately was that I've become hardened to Truth lately, from the many bad things as she's told me, things that landed on me like a grand piano over and over when I was least able to cope with them. On the one hand, I can't bear a lie. On the other, I think Big Country said it best - "I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered, but you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered."

I want it. I do not want it. Truth, and revelation, have become cattle prods. I shy away - not because I want a lie, but because I know a hard hit is coming.