Thread: Valuing values

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Independence
    Compassion
    Harmony

(type = INTP)
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

Default My Trinity

!. Dissent.

2. Creativity.

3. Presence.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Aaaaand Victor with the curve ball!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Love
    Loyalty
    Independence

I think the combination of those three will produce something close enough to harmony to give me peace. But harmony and peace are nothing without love. Love is only words without loyalty and it is stifling without independence.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

I guess I choose

family
    friendship
    and adaptability.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Aaaaand Victor with the curve ball!
    Ah, you can see me coming, you Piranha you - you pink Piranha.

MBTI
    INFJ

1. Compassion
    2. Gentleness
    3. Peace

Ultimately I value most love of fellow human and acting within the world upon that internal state of love. I chose these three values because they spoke most clearly to me how I envision living that state of love.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I noticed a lot of people chose "truth" and to come clean, I almost did too. The reason I didn't ultimately was that I've become hardened to Truth lately, from the many bad things as she's told me, things that landed on me like a grand piano over and over when I was least able to cope with them. On the one hand, I can't bear a lie. On the other, I think Big Country said it best - "I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered, but you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered."

I want it. I do not want it. Truth, and revelation, have become cattle prods. I shy away - not because I want a lie, but because I know a hard hit is coming.
    That's why I picked courage as the second. The unabashed truth has almost never left with with a comforted feeling. I value it higher than all else, and as a result I've had many opportunities to settle with less than the truth, sparing my wounded self from the blade that cuts me, and the hemmoraging of pride that accompanies it. I've had to muster courage that borders on idiotic to force myself to see the reality in life, because why live if you're going to live a lie? Oddly, as a result of the first two, the last (Independence) has found me with little input from myself, it seems few readily accept the truth and likewise try to avoid it.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTP

Based on that list:

1. Freedom/Independence
    2. Peace
    3. Adaptability

I am an INTP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I noticed a lot of people chose "truth" and to come clean, I almost did too. The reason I didn't ultimately was that I've become hardened to Truth lately, from the many bad things as she's told me, things that landed on me like a grand piano over and over when I was least able to cope with them. On the one hand, I can't bear a lie. On the other, I think Big Country said it best - "I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered, but you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered."

I want it. I do not want it. Truth, and revelation, have become cattle prods. I shy away - not because I want a lie, but because I know a hard hit is coming.
    Ah, well I could understand that from someone in your place. When I say truth is valuable, I don't mean for individuals always. I'm thinking more of societies, groups, and myself right now. I know that if one is not aware of what is going on in a situation, or doesn't pay attention to the real, long-term consequences of their actions, it will lead to their downfall. This can really only be valuable for an individual if they're still at a point where they still benefit from avoiding death and self-destruction. It probably does you no good, I admit. Especially when you're an ENFJ with inferior Ti. Best to focus on Fe and Se, now.

I'm definitely confused by the number of NT's not saying truth (I thought they would value it even more than I did ), and I've noticed that a lot of people stopped choosing "truth" right after you posted... I wonder if it was something about your post that made them change their mind?