• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP relationship 'ditching' & getting healthier?

Thefunkybassist

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi guys and gals!

I just arrived here and loving the forum already :) nice to talk and think about psychology dynamics and find out what other people experience.

So there's this habit I have that seems to be more frequent with us INFPs: I get into a relationship with someone, a heavy thinker or an extravert and I'm all curious and positive. But after a while my curiousity wears down, And I get disappointed with extraverted values and stuff. Then there is that moment of wanting to bail without hurting the other person, but it turns out I suddenly (want to) leave the relationship when they don't expect it. One of the reasons being that I prefer to avoid conflict, etc. I realise this is quite immature and I do feel guilty about it.

Who recognises this (especially INFPs) and has grown to be more mature with these situations?

Edit: specifically, I read this example of wanting to 'send the other person into freedom and success'. Like, feeling inadequate as a partner for them, and seeing a lot more success for them with another person. I'd love to hear your experiences, if you recognise it: with what type, what triggered these emotions/thoughts, etc. Feel free to elaborate extensively :)

uncommonentity

There's nothing wrong with going your own way. INFPs could be a little more tactful in the situation however when you're messing with an NT we don't care enough to cry. I recognize it highly from male & female INFPs. What I don't understand is why some of you crawl back. INFPs hit me up when they're bored and I understand and agree to a lighthearted exchange understanding your requirement to depart then you come back and apologize. It's like, what? Through my eyes I view it as either attention seeking or an overall frivolous attitude. It'd annoy some.