User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I don't usually get that drunk, but when I do it's like my inner SFP just burst forth to frolic in the sunshine. I'm overly happy to be alive, I love everyone, and I want to dance...a lot. Three beers is about all it takes if you're interested in knowing all the reasons I think you're a beautiful human being, why life is beautiful, and how I think all your dreams will totally come true. I tend to make a lot of friends when I'm wasted, incidentally. Can never remember any of them. I'll occasionally be out somewhere and some person (or group of people) will just be fucking THRILLED to see me, and I'll have absolutely no clue who the hell they are. I don't know if that counts as honesty, but I certainly get in touch with some part of myself that I don't usually show in my day to day.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Like @Lark stated, it really has to do with being uninhibited. So, one can say what they feel at the moment uninhibited or speak out their mind and have revelations or an amazing conversation due to being feeling uninhibited. I don't think it's about being truthful or untruthful. If I were drunk and said to my friend, "You're absolutely the best friends a girl could have!" I could simply be speaking out of the particular moment, or out of something I'd always felt. I'm simply uninhibited though and going with what I feel at the moment, which is a great deal of love. And though I may normally feel shy and afraid to share my thoughts and ideas with others, while intoxicated I'll feel more open to sharing and may in fact have a revelation due to the uninhibited exchange and transfer of ideas, leaving me feeling awed and inspired.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

For those of you who really believe that everyone just says what they believe when they are drunk, what about waking up next to someone in bed that you would never consider touching, and would rather die first? It's happened to me. Some people go insane when they drink heavily. No, it's nothing about what they believe, or the truth. I've woke up in jail before, and in overnight lockup. And yes, suddenly, when I get drunk, sometimes I feel like having sex with the nearest guy around. It has nothing to do with the fact that I would ever do this otherwise, or that I would even want to. In fact, when I am sober, I gag at the thought of it. Some people have no sense at all when they get drunk.

I think there is just something in me that wants to break all the rules, and that's what I'm motivated by. Anything that I fear or wouldn't do normally, I want to do. It has nothing to do with the person who happens to be around. It's completely selfish. I think I see myself as a rulemaker, and I want to defy all of my own rules. For this reason, I am completely afraid of getting drunk to where I can't remember what I have done the night before, and when I do this, I wake up in terror.

Do you honestly believe I ended up in bed with someone I loathed and spent half the next day scrubbing their grime off of me, because I really liked them, and when my defenses came down, I pursued it and was honest about it? People are too complicated and diverse to assume they are all alike when drunk. Psychology, background, mental health, and environment is involved.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm more likely to make an ass out of myself when I'm drunk (since I get pretty hyper and loudmouthed), which means I'm more likely to say something for attention (to outrage or provoke people) than to say something true. So, nah, I don't think people are always more truthful when they're drunk. Though, there are moments when drunk people, given the appropriate circumstances, are more likely to be forthcoming with certain types of information than they otherwise would be sober.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Though, there are moments when drunk people, given the appropriate circumstances, are more likely to be forthcoming with certain types of information than they otherwise would be sober.
    Do I think it's possible? Sure, but I wouldn't say everyone can identify with it, by far. I think I am so adamant about it because there is no way I would want some people to believe that what I said when drunk, is the truth lol...... I've told people I loathed that I loved them and stuff like that, and they believed it. Then I have this guy following me around that I don't want. Sometimes it can cause major problems in my life to get drunk and I rarely do it anymore.

I get sappy sometimes when I'm drunk, and just want to feel love.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype