First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The way a person behaves while drunk is very dependent on how they believe they will behave.
    Eeehh, sounds completely weird and wrong. Most people don't form beliefs about their behavior (and I have a pretty strong super-ego...but I still don't).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Eeehh, sounds completely weird and wrong. Most people don't form beliefs about their behavior (and I have a pretty strong super-ego...but I still don't).
    Well...I can kind of see the point to it, I think.

I mean, unless you TOTALLY lose control when you get drunk, you could sort of be thinking "this is how I'm supposed to behave when I'm drunk, because this is generally how men/women/my friends/cool people/etc behave when drunk." Not sure if that's what he meant though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

That's alien to me...do you think it commonly happens? Just wondering, it might then perhaps be me completely disconnected from what other people think.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That's alien to me...do you think it commonly happens? Just wondering, it might then perhaps be me completely disconnected from what other people think.
    Well, perhaps not quite the same thing but in recent years I've known loads of people who all act like the most stereotypical of ESFPs when they get drunk and party together. And I very much doubt they are all ESFPs. (And it was what you would think of as the worst stereotypical ESFP behaviour, not particularly "healthy" ESFP behaviour.)

I think there may have been some/quite a few ESFPs, but I am sure that there were many other types represented as well (I suspect a lot of ESFJs and ESTJs as well) choosing to act like ESFPs because it was the "done thing" in that social group and they wanted to fit in.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Are you saying I was not born this way and that in fact my ears were damaged by an encounter at an early age with a Chinese rice picker?
    Yea, a long time ago so long that we humans forgot about it, there was a guy named Surak, who brought our race peace by introducing the concept of logic, focus and rationality. Nowadays when we drink we get a glimpse on how it was before that time, a look into the mirror darkly !!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IprlIAH_oNo"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    This is interesting, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean it's more deliberate than we tend to think?
    Look it up. People act different when drunk from culture to culture. Furthermore, if a person is tricked into getting drunk without realizing it, they tend to act quite differently from how they would if they got drunk knowingly. Likewise, people being deceived into thinking they are drinking alcohol when they are not tend to start acting more like they are drunk than normal even though it must be strictly placebo.

You have beliefs abouts your behavior you don't even know you have. This I can promise.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm pretty sure I don't have such hangup (I have more than enough hangups in other settings to make up for that) - why would someone get drunk knowingly? I mean, really drunk...it's not a pleasant feeling, but well yes, I'm convinced that it might be true for some people and I might just be too focussed on my own perspective. It's quite complicated, then - interpreting drunk behavior, that is.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm pretty sure I don't have such hangup (I have more than enough hangups in other settings to make up for that) - why would someone get drunk knowingly? I mean, really drunk...it's not a pleasant feeling, but well yes, I'm convinced that it might be true for some people and I might just be too focussed on my own perspective. It's quite complicated, then - interpreting drunk behavior, that is.
    Have you ever been to the UK? It is a massive national pastime over here (though from what I've seen in London, some of the worst offenders are not English.) I mean, there are lots of people who get drunk to the point of vomiting every single weekend.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Vino and Humour

Normally our behaviour is mediated by our inhibitions, but at a certain level of alcoholic intoxication, we start to progressively loose our inhibitions.

Loosing some of our inhibitions does make us more suggestible, so at a party with the emphasis on fun, we will have more fun.

And as we loose more and more inhibitions our nature, unmasked by inhibitions, shows itself. And I have noticed that at this level of alcoholic intoxication, some are happy drunks and some are nasty drunks - so, "in vino veritas".

And I have noticed the same here, for humour also releases inhibitions. And I have noticed all group bullying disguises itself as humour, and sheer personal nastiness also disguises itself as humour. "It's just a joke", they say.

And what is disturbing is that most humour is nastiness in disguise.

And when we complain, they say, "Can't you take a joke?".

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Have you ever been to the UK? It is a massive national pastime over here (though from what I've seen in London, some of the worst offenders are not English.) I mean, there are lots of people who get drunk to the point of vomiting every single weekend.
    Do you think Britain is broken?