User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Thanks all, interesting so far and I think I more or less agree that it can vary so much dependent on personality etc that being conclusive about it would be hard.

Question: What if someone you really liked and felt close to as a friend got really drunk and told you they hated your guts or something like that? How would you react? How would you approach it after you'd all sobered up? These things do occasionally happen out of the blue.
    I had that happen to me once. I was completely shocked and got really scared so I stayed away after that. I didn't approach them afterwards but sometime later they came to me apologizing and blamed it on their condition at the time. I felt like I couldn't trust them because the hurtful and scary words just kept ringing in my head, not to mention that I think they meant it, esp. after thinking back and realizing that they were showing little signs of that all along that I just missed.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I like alcohol. I have a couple of beers most days. Fortunately, I am a light-weight, and can't drink very much without feeling very bad, so that's a good thing.
    I usually have a few before playing music in public, because it settles my nerves a bit, and makes me play more openly. But there is a very fine line between just enough and too much.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Basically I think the alcohol removes restraint, so the more someone has repressed or cannot voice when sober, the more likely it will be expressed somehow when drunk.

There's also some impulsivity; I know there's more chance I would physically mess around with someone, no strings attached, when drunk. But that might also be the repression too, since I typically am consciously controlling that and/or downplaying any random attraction.
    This is very true for me. I am most aware of suppressing anger more than any other emotion. I've said some intensely ugly things in the past when drunk. I stopped drinking like that when I was in my early 20s. Now the only danger is turning into an ENTP if I've had a couple of drinks.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I do know that many thoughts are like a war. You can have two opposing thoughts at the same time. Truly believing one thought, while truly believing the other. Constant subconscious decision making processes. The ego, (or whatever word you want to use) may choose the thought that you often wish to follow and present to the world. I wonder if being drunk takes away that inhibition, and perhaps in that moment, you will present the other side of the war.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Glycerine

I usually know what i am doing and saying but will sometimes let it hang out because I don't care and like letting go of the self-regulation. I get really zoned out, talk a lot and pass out when I am drunk. eNFJ!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

I think drinking just makes it much harder to lie, so I'd say that most of the time what people say when drunk is true, or at least partly true.
    Everything that I express is simply an opinion with varying levels of support

If I seem like a different type to you, I hereby give you permission to type me however you want.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Deep down we're all a bunch of vulcans
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The way a person behaves while drunk is very dependent on how they believe they will behave.

A universal rule for drunk people, though. Don't let them excuse anything with their condition.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The way a person behaves while drunk is very dependent on how they believe they will behave.
    This is interesting, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean it's more deliberate than we tend to think?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Deep down we're all a bunch of vulcans
    Are you saying I was not born this way and that in fact my ears were damaged by an encounter at an early age with a Chinese rice picker?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    This is very true for me. I am most aware of suppressing anger more than any other emotion. I've said some intensely ugly things in the past when drunk. I stopped drinking like that when I was in my early 20s. Now the only danger is turning into an ENTP if I've had a couple of drinks.
    Pe-style people make fun drunks.

I honestly don't understand people who get mean when they've been drinking. I tend to view it as at least partly a biochemical effect, I guess.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft