User Tag List

First 12345 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Thanks all, interesting so far and I think I more or less agree that it can vary so much dependent on personality etc that being conclusive about it would be hard.

Question: What if someone you really liked and felt close to as a friend got really drunk and told you they hated your guts or something like that? How would you react? How would you approach it after you'd all sobered up? These things do occasionally happen out of the blue.
    I'd want to follow up later, for sure. But I'd also consider the possibility that they are like me, though, and hate your guts at that moment and not necessarily any other. This would be particularly applicable if you'd had some kind of minor conflict or whatever that evening. I'd also consider the possibility that they just like saying random stupid words without necessarily meaning anything, since some people are like that.

edit: I just noticed it sounds like I'm saying I hate your guts some moments.
    -end of thread-

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

edit: I just noticed it sounds like I'm saying I hate your guts some moments.
    As long as it's only when you're drunk.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh it varies hugely.
    When i used to drink, and it was alwayscopiously (note used to) i could get into this peculiar self destruct mind space where i would say the most awful, embarassing and rude things. This had a devastating affect on my personal life.
    I have always been a person on a natural high, add alcohol or drugs and you have a road crash.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It'd be awful if something so random as simultaneously being intoxicated was the origin of a life term relationship.
    This sounds pretty silly to me. To me, it'd be awful if you ruled out a potentially amazing life relationship simply because you were both drunk when you met.

I mean, it's one thing if you have to be drunk every time you see each other, but how you meet shouldn't really be an issue after a few sober dates...
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    are you shitfaced right now?
    I am proud to say that I am not. My pride comes from the clock. Many people have determined that drinking, before the clock says 5 p.m., is bad.

This sounds pretty silly to me. To me, it'd be awful if you ruled out a potentially amazing life relationship simply because you were both drunk when you met.

I mean, it's one thing if you have to be drunk every time you see each other, but how you meet shouldn't really be an issue after a few sober dates...
    I think SilkRoad phrased it better but its essentially the same point I'm making as she made. I wouldnt want at some future point to be saying "And if we hadnt both been drunk..."

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Although I think someone's quite capable of apologizing for something mean they said, that they might have meant but are afraid of the ramifications now if they don't apologize.

Hmmm. So I guess I don't agree.
    (Sorry, I started out by thinking I did, lol!)

Ugh. I forget that people sometimes lie and act like cowards like this after they've done something they wanted to do. That sort of cowardice disgusts me so much I almost can't believe it happens.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think SilkRoad phrased it better but its essentially the same point I'm making as she made. I wouldnt want at some future point to be saying "And if we hadnt both been drunk..."
    I dunno, to me that's not really a big deal and I'd rather be saying that than "I really wish I'd talked to them, maybe we'd be together now..."

I guess everyone is different, though. In the circles I run in, this happens a lot. It'll probably happen less as I get older, but I don't really see it as a huge deal now unless it's a signal for underlying problems , which can definitely be the case.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Ugh. I forget that people sometimes lie and act like cowards like this after they've done something they wanted to do. That sort of cowardice disgusts me so much I almost can't believe it happens.
    Sigh. Yeah. Unfortunately, it does: People lie, to avoid feeling embarrassed or taking responsibility for their comments.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I dunno, to me that's not really a big deal and I'd rather be saying that than "I really wish I'd talked to them, maybe we'd be together now..."

I guess everyone is different, though. In the circles I run in, this happens a lot. It'll probably happen less as I get older, but I don't really see it as a huge deal now unless it's a signal for underlying problems , which can definitely be the case.
    I wonder what the correlates for drunken hook ups and happy marriages is.