User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Really? I don't think I see dreams the way you do. I see them as something attainable, even if take a lot of work. Fantasy on the other hand is not attainable. Those are just my definitions. Also keep in mind that there are lots of people who don't mind any of this. I suppose this thread is about those who do mind it.
    I agree and I share your attitude.

To me fantasy is a tool to express wisdom and life experience with. People laugh at me when I watch cartoons or startrek and they call me a dreamer.

Fact is, tho entps are thought of to be the biggest childs and imbeciles of them all, we seek in our fantasies, in cartoons, in startrek, our life experience, wisdom and the formula for our own happiness. At the end of the day, entps will be the most hardliner pragmatists and realists you have ever met in your life and people will come to seek our guidance, cause they feel we know something they need to know. this is not achieved because we have been the highschools best-liked guy ever, no this is achieved thru dreaming and our fantasy worlds, which enable us to compare, to analyze and to understand how humanity can live together and what consequences certain actions would have.

In that regards, as a tool, fantasy is a method to teach and a place to escape to.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned

I think 99% of lies are told to benefit the person telling the lie.

Really? I don't think I see dreams the way you do. I see them as something attainable, even if take a lot of work. Fantasy on the other hand is not attainable. Those are just my definitions. Also keep in mind that there are lots of people who don't mind any of this. I suppose this thread is about those who do mind it.
    I guess I'm just very in tune with just how much work it will take. My dreams are attainable, and will be attained by someone eventually, if not by me, then by people a lot smarter than me, or perhaps just younger. "Not working out" is, I guess, my way of saying "not seeing the full consequences of my efforts". But that's taking a shortsighted view of things.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Stumbled upon this. Thought it was interesting.

"How to spot a liar"
    http://www.ted.com/talks/pamela_meye...ot_a_liar.html

MBTI
    IsFJ

Stumbled upon this. Thought it was interesting.

"How to spot a liar"
    http://www.ted.com/talks/pamela_meye...ot_a_liar.html
    Interesting... Although lots of commenters seem to think she needs to cite her studies, among other things...

I do think there are ethical issues with this sort of method being used by, say, law enforcement officers to incriminate suspects.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP

Thank you @Burning Rave for bringing that up.

I agree with @Giggly - lots of the lies are told to protect the liar (with maybe an exclusion of some extreme cases). So if somebody is saying that they lied for the sake of another person it's very often a double lie. There is a lie to another person and a lie to yourself that you had to lie.

When you find out that somebody lied to you, you rarely feel grateful, well-loved, taken care of or protected. And we claim that this is what we want to achieve when we are lying to somebody.

So everyday lies are little gambles. In a spur of the moment we hope that the other person won't find out and we are going to get what we want from them (and what otherwise they wouldn't be so willing to give) - whether it's their presence, smile, respect, obedience.

But if we are discovered we lose much, much more. There is a Russian song called "Three lies" - the conclusion is that the third lie hurts you more than an enemy during the war. The person we lied to can lose more respect for us than they would originally (if we told the truth).

Hence, it's a gamble.
    Hot-hearted head