User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    People don't only tell lies, people LIVE lies. It's quite pervasive. Things like self-delusion, fantasy, denial, naivety, ignorance etc etc. Some innocent, some not. This is where a lot of lies come from. I have fallen for it and have been guilty of it myself before.
    Why?
    If there is good reason, it they use it as a means to achieve their fantasy, if at all possible, then who does it hurt? You group fantasy in with all these negative terms when fantasy is nothing but positive.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Why?
    If there is good reason, it they use it as a means to achieve their fantasy, if at all possible, then who does it hurt? You group fantasy in with all these negative terms when fantasy is nothing but positive.
    Fantasy is positive but some people don't want to be bothered with that (b/c it can be hurtful if they don't operate that way) and you have to know when to not do that.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Fantasy is positive but some people don't want to be bothered with that (b/c it can be hurtful if they don't operate that way) and you have to know when to not do that.
    I have witnessed that before and know what you mean. Still if I may ask, what exactly makes it hurtful ? That you are forced to think about something you didnt before ? or that it is overwhelming ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I have witnessed that before and know what you mean. Still if I may ask, what exactly makes it hurtful ? That you are forced to think about something you didnt before ? or that it is overwhelming ?
    Sometimes they don't like thinking about something they hadn't before, they don't see the point in changing things. Sometimes they don't mind thinking about something new but have decided that that something in particular is just not realistic or feasible or just not something that appeals to them.

That said, I find that most people at least have dreams... even if they're deep down inside.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Sometimes they don't like thinking about something they hadn't before, they don't see the point in changing things. Sometimes they don't mind thinking about something new but have decided that that something in particular is just not realistic or feasible or just not something that appeals to them.

That said, I find that most people at least have dreams... even if they're deep down inside.
    i can respect that
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    i can respect that
    I know it's a killjoy but I think for them it can be disappointing to realize that they'd been lead into a fantasy if they weren't expecting it and especially if it doesn't end up working out.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think my mother tells lies because she wants things to go her way. If she tells a lie, it might help her situation. It really disgusts me.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

I know it's a killjoy but I think for them it can be disappointing to realize that they'd been lead into a fantasy if they weren't expecting it and especially if it doesn't end up working out.
    But..they're your dreams.."not working out" is part of what it means to dream. If dreams were always attainable...then they wouldn't be dreams. It'd be work.

Still...I can understand it. I accept that it isn't my place...to impose. I guess...

MBTI
    ENTP

I think there's a difference between internalizing a dream, and living a life of hypocrisy. On top of that, most people lie to themselves at least a little bit; self-delusion is an inescapable part of the human condition.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think my mother tells lies because she wants things to go her way. If she tells a lie, it might help her situation. It really disgusts me.
    I think 99% of lies are told to benefit the person telling the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    But..they're your dreams.."not working out" is part of what it means to dream. If dreams were always attainable...then they wouldn't be dreams. It'd be work.

Still...I can understand it. I accept that it isn't my place...to impose. I guess...
    Really? I don't think I see dreams the way you do. I see them as something attainable, even if take a lot of work. Fantasy on the other hand is not attainable. Those are just my definitions. Also keep in mind that there are lots of people who don't mind any of this. I suppose this thread is about those who do mind it.