• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do skills of observation/cold reading and deduction come naturally?

Illmatic

Been doing heaps of research lately as you all know I'm really interested in enhancing my skills in observation, deduction and cold reading....and i thought you either need to start when your really young (Plasticity) or you just have the talent...........all the people that have excelled in this have always just done it, they have it made , i doubt any of them was on the internet researching shit about it.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-gQpqGXNM&feature=related"][/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-gQpqGXNM&feature=related

All just seems natural. Hope seems low to me, it's like one of those things you're just born with.

What do you think?

Little_Sticks

What do you think?

I think you're better off without it. Doing so requires disengaging from others by becoming an observer; and incidentally indulging in a personal world that can just as much be a delusion as it is insightful observational skills.

That's my take anyway...

Mole

Permabanned
But it's my dream...i need it.

Well you have come to the righty place for MBTI is a form of cold reading.

And cold reading is the marriage of manipulation and gullibility.

T

ThatGirl

Pardon, I couldn't help but notice this is the third thread (that I know of) you have created on the subject.

You have been offered some advice, and so far, seem to just ignore it all, then ask the same question again. I am guessing you have issues with simply paying attention, and internalizing what you see.

PERHAPS YOU CAN START THERE.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Do you mean reading people's body language and emotions?

The people who come by that naturally are often abused as children and become hyper-aware of others' expressions. So it's a gift, but somewhat of a cursed gift.

I think you really can learn a lot from books on the subject though.

BTW - Ignore ThatGirl's comments. You can start as many threads as you want to.

Illmatic

i know but i'm obsessed with it....i just can't help myself. I wasn't abused but my parents did hit me quite a lot and even into my 14-15's.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
i know but i'm obsessed with it....i just can't help myself. I wasn't abused but my parents did hit me quite a lot and even into my 14-15's.

Well if you're obsessed with it then hop to, don't mope around hopeless because it may or may not be an inborn trait.