User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is closer to THE core?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • MBTI type

12 52.17%
  • Enneagram Type

11 47.83%
First 123

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i feel like people who have a lot of trouble choosing an enneagram type are scared of confronting the ugly parts of themselves.
    I have considered this, but I have come to disagree. I think there are a few different things that can cause difficulty in understanding e-type, though lacking actualization would clearly be one of them. 6's commonly have difficulty typing because in their spectrum of ph and cp they can look like many of the types, some people can mis type as 4's when depressed, or any type if they are simply unhealthy people, and all at the same time egram says its common for those with exceptional growth to identify with traits of all the etypes. Throw in stacking, triad, etc.. and I think e-gram is a highly complex system.

I view enneagram is being closest to the core. but this is simply because I have alot of spiritual interest and view the essence or soul as something seperate than thoughts or emotions (cognitive mind process) The enneagram will reveal how that essence handles being seperated from the source. I also think the essence will chose a body and mind that is congruent with its nature, so mbti has a correlation.. but not as much as etype.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i feel like people who have a lot of trouble choosing an enneagram type are scared of confronting the ugly parts of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I have considered this, but I have come to disagree. I think there are a few different things that can cause difficulty in understanding e-type, though lacking actualization would clearly be one of them. 6's commonly have difficulty typing because in their spectrum of ph and cp they can look like many of the types, some people can mis type as 4's when depressed, or any type if they are simply unhealthy people, and all at the same time egram says its common for those with exceptional growth to identify with traits of all the etypes. Throw in stacking, triad, etc.. and I think e-gram is a highly complex system.

I view enneagram is being closest to the core. but this is simply because I have alot of spiritual interest and view the essence or soul as something seperate than thoughts or emotions (cognitive mind process) The enneagram will reveal how that essence handles being seperated from the source. I also think the essence will chose a body and mind that is congruent with its nature, so mbti has a correlation.. but not as much as etype.
    @Huxley3112 - completely agree with these statements. I was sure I was an 8 because that's what several tests said. I was wrong (cp6). I don't fear confronting ugly parts of myself really at all.

It takes a lot of people time to figure out their type in general. I think there are two factors at least that are in play - how well you understand the system and how well you know yourself. Then of course there are others that seem to know both and still have a hard time with it (too many options - can't decide - maybe sometimes they are Ne doms or 6s or both).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's really hard to define which is the core. From the way I see it, MBTI is more widely accepted because it has to do with interpersonal interaction, which is highly-emphasized in workplace environment. Some jobs even prefer if you have MBTI certificate, like coaching, training, and consulting jobs. Enneagram has more to do with intrapersonal communciation as it's really about discovering the 'unhealthy' state and serves as a wake-up call as it is not easy to achieve in level 1, the healthiest state of all.

It's more of a question if you value observation of others (MBTI) or introspection of self (Enneagram). Lately I've been into learning a little more about Enneagram and the things I learned helps me to change my bad pattern/behavior for shaping my identity as a better person. Where as MBTI is more about understading other types for the sake of harmonizing the relationships by finding a middle ground.

So both are core to me. I couldn't pick one over another.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Enneagram, definitely.
    Enneagram = macro perspective - explains why
    MBTI = micro perspective - explains how
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------