User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Gut Instincts

Default Gut Instincts

How much do you trust your gut? Can you trust your gut without any sort of clarification?

If I said I ran solely on my gut would it scare you? Would you run away in fear?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I wouldn't run away. I would be interested and think we could perhaps be friends.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

My 'gut' usually knows when something is up, but that is not the same as knowing specifics, so it is hard to trust it in those cases where it doesn't provide enough direction.

But not having any feeling from the 'gut' makes me feel empty, so...

I don't really understand "gut" feelings. I suppose I have hunches occasionally, like when someone just seems like a certain type but I can't explain why. My hunches are usually wrong though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Completely. It's ALWAYS right. The only time I made a serious wrong decision in my life was because I didn't trust my gut. So I ALWAYS trust my gut.

MBTI
    nerd

it is often strangely right, but in my case it can often be wrong about people. well not wrong exactly but it gives a skewed view of reality that isn't really useful. like being handed a photograph of somebody's feet or butt instead of their face and trying to make a judgment about their intentions. what the hell am i supposed to do with that? takes forever to filter into meaningful direction.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    How much do you trust your gut? Can you trust your gut without any sort of clarification?

If I said I ran solely on my gut would it scare you? Would you run away in fear?
    I trust my gut, however, there are times I have to examine why my gut is saying what it's saying. Going solely on gut feelings, taking nothing else into account...that would scare me somewhat.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I trust my gut most of the time, but try to fill it in with a bunch of stuff to make it look legit. I am often creepily on target, but off often enough to be wary of it and have to think through the facts.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Now and again I'll find it hard to trust my gut. Especially when it comes to people, I'll look for confirmation. Or at least I find it hard to run with what my gut is telling me.

More often than not if I run with the way I am feeling things work out well for me. And when I start looking for feedback I get bogged down.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I rely almost solely on gut feeling when making decisions. Emotions as well as clear facts do play in, of course, but they are secondary.
    For example, I most often know instantly when somebody is lying. I feel when someone is watching me, know when something is about to happen etc.

I think a lot of has a basis in communicating with the subconscious, something that I already do a lot through dreaming and thinking deeply a lot.
    The subconscious catches way more than your aware self ever does. Some people gets little signals from the subconscious when things are good, bad etc.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come