User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gut Instincts

Courage is immortality Array Valiant's Avatar
    8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Brilliant man.
    Absolutely shining.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

My gut hasn't been wrong once, and I've bitterly regretted every time I've ignored it.

I ran an experiment on this, actually. I would challenge anyone in this thread who feels similarly to do the same. I was an idealist, and I really wanted to believe the best of everyone/everything. I got tired of being screwed though, so; I took to writing my initial impressions/opinions - my "gut" feeling - about people and situations down immediately. I then watched to see how things panned out.

When you have 3-4 sheets worth of what amounts to nigh on prophetic vision, you start to feel silly for ever doubting your gut.

Trust your instincts, or you have only yourself to blame when the shit hits the fan.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    I trust my highly logical thought processes and my accurate ability to predict outcomes based on the fine combing of multiple known variables.
    Sounds slow and cumbersome to me. How fast is it?
    For me, not very, That is the benefit of gut instincts. It is more like using Ni to short-circuit the step-by-step logic, to form a fairly accuracte conclusion in a fraction of the time. I try to do the logical cross-checking when there is time, and it almost always supports the gut conclusion, so I have learned to trust my gut when there is no time for a proper analysis.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere