User Tag List

12 Last

Oberon

Default Dihydrogen monoxide thread scamming

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Dihydrogen monoxide is a dangerous chemical! I almost been injured by falls caused by the solid form of this chemical only last November! It really interferes with balance, you have to watch your step carefully when it is in the ground.
    I have heard that no more than a tablespoon or two of this, inhaled, can be fatal!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have an emotional and physical dependency on dihydrogen monoxide.

I can't live without it. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it's true. I start to feel ill and get horrible headaches and lethargy if I try to break the habit. I am just a junkie.

I ingest it at meals. At work. At home. Whenever I get the chance. I cook with it. Sometimes I just bathe myself in it, feeling it soak up through my pores. I crave the stuff.

I wish to god this wasn't true, but it is. I'm just miserable without dihydrogen monoxide in my life.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    -Believing that dihydrogen monoxide is a dangerous chemical
    Yes, the people on the Titanic really got scammed bigtime by this hoax. Some actually thought they were dying.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP

No, I ain't planning on exploiting their weaknesses. I'm just striving to understand what makes the suckers in the world so lost on what's real.
    My group is in the process of outlawing this insidious chemical. Would you like to support our cause with a donation of $100, perhaps?
    Never trust an ENTP.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    type

gasp! i'm a dihydrogen monoxide addict too! I never knew it was so....dangerous! or widespread! oh noooo.......Should we set up a support group? *worries*

Never Trust an ENTP. For heavens' sake, i live with one. They Steal Cookies. Even at 2 years of age.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

These posts are the dangerous chemical branch of this thread, which explains which type is most likely to spend money to remove this toxic, corrosive solvent/coolant/food additive/lubricant from their living spaces and replace it with healthier and more environmentally friendly alternatives.

Exclamation

People have even died from prolonged immersion in dihydrogen monoxide!

MBTI
    INFP

I split some of that horrible stuff on my book in chemistry and it completely wrecked it!
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I quit, cold turkey, about four months ago. The first few days were pretty rough, but since then, I've had this really profound peace and calm. Nothing bothers me anymore.

Sadly, all of my addict friends ostracized me, and just don't want to be around me anymore. It's like they think they're too good for me now, or something.

But I'm okay with that. People can say or do anything to me, and I don't snap back, try to get even, anything. I just roll with the punches.

This is also how I discovered my new MBTI type. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before, like nothing I could have even imagined. It feels like... well, nothing, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sometimes I just bathe myself in it, feeling it soak up through my pores.
    That's just sick. Mods, can we please move that post to the mature topics subforum? We've got children reading here.

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    Never Trust an ENTP. For heavens' sake, i live with one. They Steal Cookies. Even at 2 years of age.
    Yeah, I've heard that about them. You have my sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    I split some of that horrible stuff on my book in chemistry and it completely wrecked it!
    Wow, you split some of it? You have an incredibly cool chem teacher. We never got to anything nearly that advanced in my chem class.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Wow, you split some of it? You have an incredibly cool chem teacher. We never got to anything nearly that advanced in my chem class.
    We did it in secondary school. Really simple process, really. They called it electrolysis. What kind of advanced chem class did you attend? Sure you don't mean "special" chem class?