User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is the ultimate hoaxter?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ

1 7.69%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

4 30.77%
  • ENFP

0 0%
  • INFP

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTJ

2 15.38%
  • ESTP

6 46.15%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ESFP

0 0%
First 12

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

^ Said the masochist to the sadist.

"I won't", replied the sadist.

MBTI
    Zzzz

^ Oooh, good.

All too true...

ENTPs

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

you've too many moths above your head.

But tis hard to be an ENTP. No one trusts you. They all think you're a hoaxer. But really, the intent is not there (the pleasure yes)... . that's the differentiator between a trickster to evil I think... Intent...

And ENTPs appear as hoaxers maybe because they seek the audience. Perhaps the best hoaxers are never really known.

I'd have picked INTJ. Put simply, in a game of poker, who'd you think would be hardest to read, bide their time, and change their game and manipulate?

And with that, I leave you guys for bed. *bows*

MBTI
    Zzzz

Whoaaaa, no INTJ will bother to put on such an act. Not even daily. What energy have they got to waste on others anyway? Not worth the time interacting with people. Never mind dealing with the consequences of being misunderstood-- or just having to explain why and who and how come they did it. No way o_O Not worth it at all. Close friends/family, sure... but not as an ENTP would play it...

In playing a game such as poker, sure. Why not? There are established rules and it's about trying to Ni past people to trick them (even with just anything, being 10 steps ahead..). Nothing wrong there. People play in expecting such a ploy.

But for fun? I don't think so.. or at least, it's done much more subtly.

Methinks aelan hates INTJs =/ Whyyyyy? (okie, so you've complained..but you've got bad ones around you!) They are so lovable :wubbie!

Like a huddle of bats! I wanna hug my sis now o_o She's a non-fluff, fluffed up INTJ whom I've corrutped! MUAHAHAHA!

INFJs can be evil too o_o''

As for ENTPs not being trusted... close friends/etc may trust you..or at least will have figured you out so that you can't trick'em as much, if not entirely anymore, and will have fun with you. And trust you! And you'll learn how to lessen the erm blows? But it'll be Ne to Ne, babe! Fun fun fun! I wonder that elfie is still sane... better ask her! I'm sure she adores your antics!

Niiiight!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I'd have picked INTJ. Put simply, in a game of poker, who'd you think would be hardest to read, bide their time, and change their game and manipulate?
    I didn't pick them because they don't really game as much as take a direct approach. They can, if they're feeling playful... but they usually want to construct (and have people follow) their perfect plans of domination. Bwa ha ha.

The EP set adjusts their behavior to what is going on, rather than seeking to overpower directly or just run roughshod over. They are responsive to incoming data, and they choose a response that maxes their rewards.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I chose ESTP, but would have preferred more choices. That's because an ESTP seems more likely to pull off a con than a hoax. Maybe an ENTP could be more likely to pull of a hoax. But it's too late to change my vote.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    I chose ESTP, but would have preferred more choices. That's because an ESTP seems more likely to pull off a con than a hoax. Maybe an ENTP could be more likely to pull of a hoax. But it's too late to change my vote.
    I agree somehow.

I'd say ESTPs are better suited to become professional crooks or con-artists, while ENTPs are rather hoaxers or tricksters, when they feel the mood for it.

---

ENTPs have the deadliest combination of functions when they need to lie:

-Ne gives the Idea

-Ti corrects inconsistencies to make the lie sound "palatable"

-And Fe allows to behave and act accordingly...

It works because these functions are used in the right order.
    But for ENTPs and like any other inventions, lies are only perceived as a game, a possibility among dozens, hence they're never so serious about them. They often forget their lies as quickly as they are able to invent a completely different tale...
    There's a bit of Robin Hood into every ENTPs, I think.

---

On the other hand, ESTPs are the ultimate realists, and hence incredibly ruthless. They can lie and make a living of it. They will fool you not because they think it's funny (ENTPs), but because they think you deserved it, because they enjoy punishing gullible persons.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

About ESTPs:

As an ESTP, you are driven to succeed and to win. Your personality is dominated by your drive to test yourself and to triumph over your fellow man.

This generally expresses itself as an overwhelming urge to prove your self worth (and fatten your wallet) by taking advantage of the suckers, marks, and dupes who surround you--after all, isn't that what they're there for? It's not your fault that their stupidity and gullibility lets them believe you when you say that Hershey's Kissesses exposed to your patented psychic amplifier rays will let them fly! As your hero and fellow ESTP, P. T. Barnum, once said, "it is morally wrong to let a sucker keep his money."

As an ESTP, your greatest fear is failure. Under no circumstances will you permit yourself that kind of weakness, which makes you ideally suited for a job at Enron, where your natural talents can be recognized and rewarded.

RECREATION: ESTPs enjoy recreational activities such as card sharking, pool sharking, and conning little old women out of their lives' savings. They're often fond of polo as well.

Famous ESTPs include P. T. Barnum and DR. PETER OKOYE, SON OF THE LATE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA M. B. OKOYE, WHO REQUESTS YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE IN HELPING TO TRANSFER $150,000,000 (THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED FIFTY MILLION USD) INTO YOUR U.S. BANK ACCOUNT SO THAT IT MAY BE DISTRIBUTED TO NEEDY CHILDREN, IN GOD'S CHARITY.

The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I vote ENTJ, me and The Brothers had this friend a long time ago while we where still in high school who loved to scam people.

Ok this is a true story here, this kid told him "hey man look this new watch my dad got me." well our friend tells him its a peice of crap and hell buy it off of him for 50 bucks.
    The kid being an idiot was like "Seriously, well ok I could use 50 dollars". So he take the kids watch sells it to another kid for 100 dollars, uses that 100 dollars to buy one of the nerdy kids card collections. And (with my help lol) sold the cards seperately for anywhere from 5-30$ a peice. After selling a majority of the collection he let me have the left overs of the collection (cause of course i was one of those card geeks in high school and i was able to show him which ones where the most wanted and rarest) and he made off with a little over 300 dollars from the cards. This one of his most amazing feets at school, but hes been able to do anything from talk people into buying him lunch to selling cheap ass pens for 10 bucks a peice.

This guy was good.
    SDMF

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    ENTPs have the deadliest combination of functions when they need to lie:

-Ne gives the Idea

-Ti corrects inconsistencies to make the lie sound "palatable"

-And Fe allows to behave and act accordingly...
    Sadly I have to agree, the reasoning seems unbeatable. I don't find it all that great to recognize hoaxer qualities in myself or my type..

But then, I do think that the big-picture view of ENTP somehow makes their behavior more consistent with the reality, even though they are supposedly less reality-orientated than the ESTP. So I've got mixed feelings whether I should vote ENTP or ESTP.

Then again, I absolutely can't forget devoted ENFJ-gone-wrong who will lead their followers to their doom. They can just play with their audience's expectations and group mentality like no other, leading groups to adopt almost any behavior and practices they wish. But then again, people try to avoid becoming "believers", knowing how detrimental some group mentality can be. Still, ENFJ can be a tremendous actor in propagating false beliefs and hopes. I don't see them doing a lot of that, tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]