User Tag List

First 123 Last

Permabanned

You're far from the only one. To me, the questions surrounding death are the only ones that have enough merit to be seriously considered. What is it? What will it be like? Why not kill yourself? Why not die? Why not give your life up for a cause? etc etc Call it depression, ocd, or any other mental disorder..I've come to accept that me pondering death is just a fundamental part of who I am.

Ironically, for the most part at least, I don't want to die. I have 60-80 years left on this earth, barring unforeseen circumstances, and I plan on making it the best 60-80 years I possibly can..so that by the time I do die, if there is a sort of "death consciousness", I can at least tell myself that I did what I thought had to be done. This thought is one of the few that gives me some sort of inner peace, at least for a while.

Permabanned

Also..

Should I die on the train track, like Remo in Beatstreet
    People at the funeral frontin' like they miss me
    My baby momma kissed me but she glad I'm gone
    She knew me and her sista had somethin' goin' on
    I reach my peak, I can't speak,
    call my nigga Chic, tell him that my will is weak.
    I'm sick of niggas lyin', I'm sick of bitches hawkin',
    matter of fact, I'm sick of talkin'.
    [BANG]
    (hey yo big...hey yo big)
    We all get sick of talking, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    How common is this? Do you ever feel like you're not destined to live a long life in this world? I would say it crosses my mind on a weekly basis and is becoming more frequent. I'm not depressed or anything and it doesn't accompany feelings of dread or anxiety. I've lived a fairly decent life compared to a lot of people so it wouldn't be a terrible tragedy. Other than this recurring thought, I am mostly optimistic about my future. I have no desire to die and I don't consciously think about it, but this gut feeling keeps creeping back into my mind.

:dead1:
    omg...ur ded now
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Never had them
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Never had them
    What? I thought ENTP's were one of the most likely types to develop hypochondria tendencies with that dom Ne and inferior Si. Ofcourse hypochondria can lead to excessive thoughts of death. Didn't you even start a thread on hypochondria a while back?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENTP

no, that was me.

This is so cool, everyone's getting banned.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    How common is this? Do you ever feel like you're not destined to live a long life in this world? I would say it crosses my mind on a weekly basis and is becoming more frequent. I'm not depressed or anything and it doesn't accompany feelings of dread or anxiety. I've lived a fairly decent life compared to a lot of people so it wouldn't be a terrible tragedy. Other than this recurring thought, I am mostly optimistic about my future. I have no desire to die and I don't consciously think about it, but this gut feeling keeps creeping back into my mind.

:dead1:
    I think about death a few times a day. Usually they are short-lived thoughts that move on to something more pleasant but when the thoughts are there, they can be intrusive. I don't have a death wish at all. In fact, I feel like I'll never be ready to die, that life is too short and there isn't enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to have repetitive thoughts about death...especially if you're not actually depressed or suffering from panic attacks.

Whatever. I'm just trying to help.

You apparently want me to confirm that this "means" something. Maybe it does, or maybe you WANT to die and won't admit it to yourself.
    I don't think so. I think its normal to think about death now and then. Doesn't mean OCD. If its constantly occupying your thoughts and you can't think of anything else, then it might be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Have you hit 30 yet? For some reason, at about 30 I started to really consider the reality of death. I can't say i ever really worried about it in my twenties or teens. But I've heard this is fairly common.
    I've always accepted the reality of death, well before I hit 30. I think now I'm more acutely aware of the fact that time is limited but in my teens and 20's, I still thought about it now and then. I didn't just deny it like a lot of young people seem to do.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    no, that was me.

This is so cool, everyone's getting banned.
    Pattern observed along with the influx of INTJ's.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I frequently "fantasize" about dying. Now, they are NOT suicidal thoughts of taking my own life. My thoughts of death are not self-inflicted ends. They're just stuff that I think about happening to me. In another thread on another board someone used the phrase "passive suicide", and descriptions such as falling vs. jumping out of window were cited as examples of this. I also think of freak accidents & random deadly circumstances.

These thoughts are NOT paranoia (I don't fear an accident), nor are they desires (I don't want an accident or to die), just contemplations. I feel quite detached when I consider them; almost soothed. Sometimes the sheer ridiculousness of them amuses me. It doesn't alter my behavior in anyway.

It amounts to stuff like: I'm driving & I imagine driving off of an embankment instead of going with the turn of the road. Or I'm walking next door to my parent's house & I imagine a wild dog mauling me. In the less silly daydreams of death, I will get this sense of peace from thinking about it. The car one seems to relate to this dream my mom had that she told me about, so that I began to associate this image of driving a car off an embankment/cliff as a sort of liberating action.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I used to have an image of me being stabbed in the gut come to mind. It wasn't scary, more interested me as to why that particular image entered my mind, I don't know anyone that has been stabbed. I remember reading about being stabbed in Catcher in The Rye and the description of a cold sensation stuck with me. So, yeah... funny, that one.