User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Question TypoC Psychopaths

Have you been targeted by a psychopath on this forum (or elsewhere online)?

Please share your experiences.

Here, or else PM me.

Ta.

(If you're not sure what a psychopath is, please refer to this thread.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Riva

We wouldn't know a psychopath if we meet one in RL let alone online. They are social chameleons. the nicest person we meet in RL could be the most dangerous psychopath. But eventually he/she would get caught. But online??? Oh almost never.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    But online??? Oh almost never.
    So how come that is the only place I've encountered the psychos?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Being an Antisocial psychopath would be pretty dang freaking amazing!

There would be no limits, as the law would mean nothing.

Only losers follow the law just because society says you should.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^^^Yeah, I think I'm reporting RaptorWizard.

Oh wait, I was supposed to PM that???? gosh, sorry.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Too many psychos to list.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Don't look at me. *whistles innocently* (No, seriously)

MBTI
    FREE

I think it’s pretty clear that many people who are otherwise pleasant and courteous in their interactions with others exhibit a callousness and psychopathic behavior when interacting with people via the internet. If psychopathy exists on a spectrum, perhaps these folks would fall somewhere in the borderlands between normalcy and psychopathy. Those who happen to extend the same degree of courtesy to people on the net that they do to people in person might have some added ability to sympathize with the “hypothetical” or “ethereal” person.

I find myself unable to eat at a vacant or failing restaurant without feeling terrible for the owner, or pass a homeless person on the street without wondering how he ended up in such a bad place. In effect, I imagine a backstory and create a person with which to sympathize. Similarly, I have a very hard time not being considerate of people online (when I’m in the proper mindset), because I tend to fill in the information gaps to make them a whole person in my mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I think it’s pretty clear that many people who are otherwise pleasant and courteous in their interactions with others exhibit a callousness and psychopathic behavior when interacting with people via the internet. If psychopathy exists on a spectrum, perhaps these folks would fall somewhere in the borderlands between normalcy and psychopathy. Those who happen to extend the same degree of courtesy to people on the net that they do to people in person might have some added ability to sympathize with the “hypothetical” or “ethereal” person.

I find myself unable to eat at a vacant or failing restaurant without feeling terrible for the owner, or pass a homeless person on the street without wondering how he ended up in such a bad place. In effect, I imagine a backstory and create a person with which to sympathize. Similarly, I have a very hard time not being considerate of people online (when I’m in the proper mindset), because I tend to fill in the information gaps to make them a whole person in my mind.
    oh you feel that way too? the feeling is even worse when i go to family restaurants and the parents are aging and kids are trying to keep things together :P

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    oh you feel that way too? the feeling is even worse when i go to family restaurants and the parents are aging and kids are trying to keep things together :P
    Business opportunity!