User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Arclight was a psychopath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    This thread manage to accumulate some tepid air, I see.
    I don't think you understand psychopathy.
    I don't; not really. I haven't spent much time studying the disorder myself, but looking at the wikipedia article I see that:

Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2] is a personality disorder that has been variously described as characterized by shallow emotions (in particular reduced fear), stress tolerance, lacking empathy, coldheartedness, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, criminality, antisocial behaviors such as lacking guilt and living a parasitic lifestyle.

There is no consensus about the symptom criteria and there are ongoing debates regarding issues such as essential features, causes, and the possibility of treatment.
    In what ways does my thought regarding "internet psychopathy" miss the mark?

Are you serious? I can never tell. But I've seen you be remarkably rude - it's why I still have you on ignore, it's why you were banned - so I'm not sure you deserve those back pats you're giving yourself.
    Yes, I was being serious. I haven't ever been banned from TypoC, and I was banned from INTPc not for being rude, but for being annoying and creating a dupe account (to make a long story short). As I've mentioned previously, during the time of the INTPc debacle I had just lost someone very close to me in a car accident, and my life was quite tumultuous. In many ways I used INTPc as an outlet for my inner turmoil, and for that I'm sorry. I do concede, however, that my posts can be quite offensive in a general sense, mainly because I'm outspoken about my beliefs, and tend to phrase things in very harsh ways. But, I do not direct this harshness toward anybody, and try to be courteous in my conversations with others.

On a side note, this has to be one of the worst ignore features in existence, since I think we've communicated several times in the last few weeks. What, exactly, does the ignore feature do? Grey out my text so it's easier to miss? haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I don't; not really. I haven't spent much time studying the disorder myself, but looking at the wikipedia article I see that:

In what ways does my thought regarding "internet psychopathy" miss the mark?
    AKA, "cyberpath".

You described a troll, not a psychopath. People vary in their capacity for empathy, but most trolls are just trying to get a rise out of someone, rather than seeking to exploit or harm them. Psychopathy is a darker art and a personality disorder - I.e. not something you can switch on and off at will.
    In fact, psychopaths are "superficially charming" in order to get what they want, so not necessarily troll-like at all.

I do concede, however, that my posts can be quite offensive in a general sense, mainly because I'm outspoken about my beliefs, and tend to phrase things in very harsh ways. But, I do not direct this harshness toward anybody, and try to be courteous in my conversations with others.
    You've directed it at me once or twice. Enough (in the absence of more edifying discourse) for me to grow tired of it. I draw the attention of a lot of fuckwits and wannabe bullies (not suggesting you're either) and my patience for such behaviour has largely been exhausted.

On a side note, this has to be one of the worst ignore features in existence, since I think we've communicated several times in the last few weeks. What, exactly, does the ignore feature do? Grey out my text so it's easier to miss? haha
    I have to click on your posts to see them and I do that sometimes, especially given that a) this is my thread and there haven't been many responses b) I am a fan of benefit of the doubt and believe people can and do change c) I'm hopelessly curious.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Based on the list linked in the OP, I'm having a hard time distinguishing a psychopath/sociopath from a garden variety douchebag.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    FREE

AKA, "cyberpath".
    You described a troll, not a psychopath. People vary in their capacity for empathy, but most trolls are just trying to get a rise out of someone, rather than seeking to exploit or harm them. Psychopathy is a darker art and a personality disorder - I.e. not something you can switch on and off at will.
    In fact, psychopaths are "superficially charming" in order to get what they want, so not necessarily troll-like at all.
    I wasn't suggesting that these people turn it on or off, only that they don't have regard for others when those "others" are people over the net. If a person's objective is to get a rise out of someone without having regard for that person (essentially using them as a source of entertainment), that strikes me as psychopathic behavior. I'm not classifying them as psychopaths, only noticing the extent to which the internet facilitates psychotic behavior (people have an easier time being superficially charming over the net, and lying, and using people, etc). I make a distinction between individuals who exhibit these behaviors over the net only vs. those who don't exhibit them in any venue vs. clinical psychopaths.

You've directed it at me once or twice. Enough (in the absence of more edifying discourse) for me to grow tired of it. I draw the attention of a lot of fuckwits and wannabe bullies (not suggesting you're either) and my patience for such behaviour has largely been exhausted.
    That was likely not my intention. I apologize.

I have to click on your posts to see them and I do that sometimes, especially given that a) this is my thread and there haven't been many responses b) I am a fan of benefit of the doubt and believe people can and do change c) I'm hopelessly curious.
    Ahh, that makes sense. Good to know you have to work a bit to read the gifts that are my written words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    If that was me I really mean to stop telling people that story, it was years ago
    Nah, you just outed yourself, buddy. It was someone else.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Based on the list linked in the OP, I'm having a hard time distinguishing a psychopath/sociopath from a garden variety douchebag.
    There is typically a lack of empathy for others/lack of remorse, lack of boundaries, superficial charm, overvaluation of self worth, stimulation seeking, impulsivity, pathological lying and antisocial behaviors (not all get in trouble with the law). They are usually highly manipulative to get what they want. A good chunk of them are successful in the higher ranks of power positions (business, military, law enforcement.) and blue-collared jobs. Only the extreme end, become serial killers and such.

I am betting there are some on here because 1% of the general population are psychopaths (http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...#disablemobile).

I like how this is in the "Welcomes and Introductions" section.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What, exactly, does the ignore feature do? Grey out my text so it's easier to miss? haha
    Just makes the fires of infatuation burn more brightly, I suppose. HA!

... I still read some of the people on my Ignore list, I just like having the option of choosing to read or not depending on whether I want to deal with it that day. And you never know. I've had some exchanges with Ignored folks that were actually decent from time to time. I'm just generally wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Nah, you just outed yourself, buddy. It was someone else.
    Another successful tag and bag!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Arclight was a psychopath?
    Since his ex is still a member, and she's a sweetheart, I think I'll just say he had serious issues and leave it at that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I like how this is in the "Welcomes and Introductions" section.
    Lol. I want to believe I was being ironic, but I was probably just being dumb.

If a person's objective is to get a rise out of someone without having regard for that person (essentially using them as a source of entertainment), that strikes me as psychotic behavior.
    Nope. Psychotic indicates a break with reality.

Psychosis and psychopathy are unrelated.

Comedians do it all the time. Are you suggesting all comedians are psychos?