• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unexplained Phenomena

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think people who don't experience any of this kind of intuition or telepathy or sensitivity to energy are being ridiculous when they say they don't believe it exists just because they can't do it.

I'm terrible at Algebra and I really don't comprehend how someone figures out light years between planets in math, but if I said it wasn't real just because I don't understand it or am incapable of it myself, that would be ridiculous. Because frankly, it's similar. Saying you know "light years" distance in space sounds pretty far fetched, equally or even more so than saying you just know when something is wrong with your boyfriend even though he's not in your physical presence.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've witnessed an interesting list of UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENA <--- imagine those letters waving. Does this mean the universe doesn't work as I was taught in Science class? Maybe. Does this change anything in what I do from day to day and how I make my decisions. Probably not.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think people who don't experience any of this kind of intuition or telepathy or sensitivity to energy are being ridiculous when they say they don't believe it exists just because they can't do it.

I'm terrible at Algebra and I really don't comprehend how someone figures out light years between planets in math, but if I said it wasn't real just because I don't understand it or am incapable of it myself, that would be ridiculous. Because frankly, it's similar. Saying you know "light years" distance in space sounds pretty far fetched, equally or even more so than saying you just know when something is wrong with your boyfriend even though he's not in your physical presence.

Poor logic. What people subjectively perceive cannot be compared to an objectively verifiable method of inquiry. Algebra is both logically consistent and can be demonstrated to provide reliable information; it is merely a manner of approaching the world that is theoretically accessible to anyone. Claims to supernatural experiences, on the other hand, are entirely constrained to the experience of the subject. Merely claiming that one can or does possess mystical properties is not a sufficient basis for credibility. There must be some manner for me to realize the existence of stated phenomena or their effects before I accept them as real, otherwise they are merely contingent upon whim.

It is no more valid to claim that because one does not grasp algebra that algebraic explanations cannot be accepted as real than it is to assert that because one is blind, visible wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum do not exist. Similarly, schizophrenia as a mental disorder does exist due the existence of individuals who exhibit involuntary symptoms associated with the disorder, but the actual hallucinations those individuals experience do not exist outside of their minds.

It is also flawed to conflate intuition with telepathy or "sensitivity to energy." Intuition is an aspect of human psychology that does not require blind faith in order to be regarded as true. Intuition can be scientifically explained and can serve to assist reasoning. Mysticism need not enter the sphere of intuition.

If, for example, it could be established that certain individuals are capable of transferring thoughts to other minds by way of some as yet unknown mechanism or that there is a seemingly present but mysterious energy source affecting people, then telepathy and this mysterious energy would gain plausibility, but this is not at all what has occurred.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she meant just because you've never experienced it and can't explain it does not mean it doesn't exist.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i had an out of body experience once...and my sisters and i saw several ghosts over the period of a week while staying in a hotel once when we were kids. my sister knew the night and exact time my grandmother passed before anyone told us and i knew the second my phone rang that my little sister had died. i have had dreams where i went to visit my father who also passed and they always had the same theme...me realizing he was not dead..just somewhere else...us talking about our life and catching up...you'd have to experience it yourself to believe like i do that it was a real visit.

i believe in a spiritual life tho...and i believe in a true soul type connection and i believe we have astral bodies that can travel in our dream state and i believe in mediums and psychics.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I might guess that the woman in the OP had unconsciously picked up on indirect signs that these people might die (maybe through things people said or did regarding these people), and then her subconscious fed the fear of their death back to her via a dream. Dreams tend to be expressions from our subconscious of what we fear/hope, and it may appear to be a "prediction" when/if it actually happens, but really it's just that your fear/hope was founded in reality; you simply did not consciously note the info in reality that made up the fear/hope.

This is exactly what I thought of after reading OP, and what I tend to think about many phenomenons. The brain is in a constant state of perceiving, and we are really not consciously aware of massive amounts of information that is rattling around and finding subtle connections and correlatons. Our mistake is believing that we can only know something on a conscious level and even then only if it meets very rigid human constructs of "knowing". Science is definately not all encompassing, and I understand exactly what Marmie meant with the algebra example. People put too much weight on objective knowledge. Objective knowledge is only the majoritys ruleset in attributing charactoristics to an object. Doesn't make it any more true, just makes it popular. Often those rulesets will align with other rule sets, creating a "proof". But until the entire picture is fully alligned truth can not be found. Truth can never be fully grasped as long as you have any kind of subject-object seperation, which is the human condition. This is why many spiritual followers seek out things like meditation, believing the closest truth you will ever come to is in your state of being. THe more your ego and mind attempts to "know" the more illusion you create.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think she meant just because you've never experienced it and can't explain it does not mean it doesn't exist.

That is true, but it doesn't follow from this that the premises in such a situation are true and the logic valid. We may not simply assert anything as "filler" so long as we are in a state of ignorance. If you produce a positive claim, then you must provide evidence for it.

T

ThatGirl

I had a dream one time that I could breathe under water if I took breaths very slowly. The next morning, I woke up with strep throat and swollen tonsils.....

Woooooooo!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had a dream one time that I could breathe under water if I took breaths very slowly. The next morning, I woke up with strep throat and swollen tonsils.....

Woooooooo!

Huh I dream I can breathe underwater all the time!

T

ThatGirl

Probably because it reminds me of a schoolmarm.

nunbluesbrothers.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
hhaha...no.

12_06_marmalade01.jpg

+

wire-hangers.jpg

+

mommy41.jpg

+

lady_marmalade.jpg

= MARM

No nuns allowed.

Silveresque

Yes, but are they prophetic of swollen tonsils?

I don't think that would be considered a prophetic dream. A prophetic dream would be one that predicts the future. You developed swollen tonsils while you were sleeping, and it ended up being represented in your dream. This is different from predicting the future, because it was something that was already happening. It's no different from outside sounds being incorporated into your dreams.

T

ThatGirl

I don't think that would be considered a prophetic dream. A prophetic dream would be one that predicts the future. You developed swollen tonsils while you were sleeping, and it ended up being represented in your dream. This is different from predicting the future, because it was something that was already happening. It's no different from outside sounds being incorporated into your dreams.

There is no proof the swollen tonsils developed before or during the dream. It is just as reasonable to assume they developed after.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay stuff like this what happens to me: like I can be in another room and know that a particular person has just messaged me. I know this or that person is going to call. Very specific people, though. A very specific connection I have to have for this to happen.

Last week I had a weird separation dream, then strangely did not hear from the person in the dream for five days even though I normally talk to this person every day. The night before we talked again, I dreamed everything was alright.

I also tend to have a pretty strong telepathic connection to this person in other regards (see above).

But that's just one example. I don't think I have the foresight. I do know that I pick up on people's vibes, have connections with certain people, and can pick up on energies in places.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is no proof the swollen tonsils developed before or during the dream. It is just as reasonable to assume they developed after.

Actually I didn't want to be a dark cloud, but there's actually nothing prophetic about that. It's your body's natural way of telling you something is wrong. Your physical state can invade your dreams (which is why eating too much before bed can give you nightmares) which is probably what happened here.

Being sick gives me the weirdest dreams. However, I tend to believe when we are VERY SICK (like in a state that would have been considered heading toward death before the invention of antibiotics) we do have more clairvoyant moments or something. It's like the veil is thinner, like between day and night.

/creepy new age lady