• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has Anyone Experienced Individuation?

T

ThatGirl

Only since I was born. I have always despised group mentality. Like I literally look at people and see them as animals. So I couldn't really help but forge my own road.

Basically, you pull away, detach, from all the norms of what people say or do out of ritualistic instinct. You separate yourself from the most often un-thought about customs society, family, and people as a whole have come to believe and adhere to. You realize things like, is it REALLY the end of the world if I don't attend family gatherings?

Then you have to do something because all people need some sort of solid structure to gauge things off of. So you start making your own opinions about what is REALLY important, not, what you believe in, accept, or don't.

As far as the second question goes. I use MBTI as an integration tool, not separation so, idk.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Individuation is a life long process that you never accomplish, but you get further on it.

Dunno really how to describe my experiences with it, since thats quite wide question. but i have learned the subjectivity of my Si, that not all that i perceive to be in certain way are so. i have learned to access amd use my Fe better and im able to question that some things might be Fe projections. And learned how to regulate Fe by using Si. and much much more. if you got some more specific questions that i dont have to write too much about i can answer

Little_Sticks

As far as the second question goes. I use MBTI as an integration tool, not separation so, idk.

To be honest, I think that's kind of the idea of individuation. Cause you recognize the archetype of the self by coming to terms with all the strong and weak points of your makeup by accepting the limitations of your successes and failures - by learning how things affect you unconsciously and integrating with that knowledge. Sure, it might be a bit of a contradiction to say that we separate feeling and thinking and intuition and sensing through the unconscious and integrate by learning about that separation, but it's supposed to be about coming to terms with what would be innate to us no matter what situations we would be put in.

I suppose theoretically that the only way to be completely individualized would be to have experienced yourself in everything in the world.

Individuation is a life long process that you never accomplish, but you get further on it.

Dunno really how to describe my experiences with it, since thats quite wide question. but i have learned the subjectivity of my Si, that not all that i perceive to be in certain way are so. i have learned to access amd use my Fe better and im able to question that some things might be Fe projections. And learned how to regulate Fe by using Si. and much much more. if you got some more specific questions that i dont have to write too much about i can answer

Well, I don't know. You could explain anything you want. So that's fine. That's what makes it so exciting though, everyone has different experiences about it and it's like each person has this unique imprint of being in awe with this intangible thing that truly exists and makes you who you are, without the confusion of those cheaper transient things like thrills, ego trips, comforts, and pleasures that don't tell you anything, but give a hapless feeling of simple conditioning. When people are forced to go through hardships (dealing with neurosis), they have to contend with the unconscious parts of themselves that they might not have even wanted to do ever do so, but by doing it they learn so much about how it relates to their self and not their ego, and it's just such a beautiful idea to me. I don't know. It's almost like the unconscious traumatizes the psyche and the ego tries to rationalize that and rise above it at times, but this deludes people and then they might go through individuation where they truly come to terms with it and accept it for what it is. Nobody can take it from them either because it's not a question of anything, it's an understanding that transcends another's prejudice or reason. It's like Shakespeare to me I guess. Such a sad, but ultimately beautiful presentation.

You can say whatever you want. It will still be beautiful to me, even if not so much to you.

How about describing your most internally peaceful moments of individuation?

T

ThatGirl

Well, what are you describing when you say individuation?

G

Ginkgo

Good answer.