User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 143

  1. #111
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The modest goal of liberal democracy is the limitation of power, for power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    That certainly is the self-serving myth of liberal democracy.

  2. #112
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    The Mytho-Poetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    That certainly is the self-serving myth of liberal democracy.
    We all live for the mytho-poetic.

    Liberal democracy lives for the mytho-poetic limitation of power.

    And Peguy lives for the mytho-poetic Christ.

    But what mytho-poetry does Victor live for?

  3. #113
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But what mytho-poetry does Victor live for?
    Australien über alles

  4. #114
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Well NTs more often than not seem to be secular humanists and have a more cosmopolitan and materialist worldview.

    Also the person who said that in communism a dictator/the state distributes the wealth and owns the means of production is very wrong, in communism the means of production are owned by working people. Capitalist America was much closer to communism than the USSR (which was rather a step backward to despotism masking itself as communist).

  5. #115
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Well NTs more often than not seem to be secular humanists and have a more cosmopolitan and materialist worldview.

    Also the person who said that in communism a dictator/the state distributes the wealth and owns the means of production is very wrong, in communism the means of production are owned by working people. Capitalist America was much closer to communism than the USSR (which was rather a step backward to despotism masking itself as communist).
    +1
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  6. #116
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    NTs have anything else but a materialist worldview. we have a rational worldview as opposed to materialism that finds its luck in the worth of materials.

    Nts are the opposite of cosmopolitan and we are no secular humanists, we just dont concentrate on human things most of the time but on the nature of the world we live in, which of course includes humans.

    I dont know what your sources are but they are completly wrong and imprecise
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #117
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The modest goal of liberal democracy is the limitation of power, for power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    If liberals really want to limit power, why the weight of the state increases systematically each time they get the power? Especially Obama, do you really think he limited the state's power?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #118
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Also the person who said that in communism a dictator/the state distributes the wealth and owns the means of production is very wrong, in communism the means of production are owned by working people.
    In communism, the production is not directed by working people but by the dictator: it is despotism.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #119
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    NTs have anything else but a materialist worldview. we have a rational worldview as opposed to materialism that finds its luck in the worth of materials.
    Perhaps they meant metaphysical materialism?

  10. #120
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default Your Constitution limits power, not your President

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    If liberals really want to limit power, why the weight of the state increases systematically each time they get the power? Especially Obama, do you really think he limited the state's power?
    It is not in your President's gift to limit power, rather it is in the gift of your Constitution.

Similar Threads

  1. The psychology of forum and online dynamics
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 05:45 PM
  2. What is the point of the 16-Types?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
  3. What is the purpose of Law?
    By The_Liquid_Laser in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
  4. What is the purpose of Science Fiction?
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
  5. What is the point of the MBTI?
    By Dufresne in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO