User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    If they are starving of impoverished, trhey are responsible of themselves. Not slaves. Poverty is not more enslavement than illness or old age. You are not a slave as long as you are free to try anything you want to solve your problem, no matter if your trials are successful of you actually have opportunities. The fact, though, is that laissez-faire capitalism multiply the opportunities to improve your wealth.
    It takes money to make money. If you cannot pay for raw materials, you cannot make products. If you can not afford public transport, you might not arrive at the job interview on the other side of the city on time.
    If you do not have a permanent address, that is a significant hurdle, for getting a job. And, well you need a job to have a permanent residence. These things compound on each other. That's why they call it a property trap. It isn't about not trying hard enough. There are significant hurdles to over come, and problems compound on themselves.I'm looking at this on a very simple level. One needs a little financial support at the very least to get out of the trap.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    It takes money to make money. If you cannot pay for raw materials, you cannot make products. If you can not afford public transport, you might not arrive at the job interview on the other side of the city on time.
    If you do not have a permanent address, that is a significant hurdle, for getting a job. And, well you need a job to have a permanent residence. These things compound on each other. That's why they call it a property trap. It isn't about not trying hard enough. There are significant hurdles to over come, and problems compound on themselves.I'm looking at this on a very simple level. One needs a little financial support at the very least to get out of the trap.
    Nobody said that being homeless was easy. But welfare state have never lust again this ohenomenon, it amplifies it. In a laissez-faire economy, there's less homeless people and it's more easy for an homeless person to find a job. Assistantship is not the answer, it's the problem.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Well yeah but nothing in the world says that people truly deserve it. I mean, there is virtually no reason why someone who is born poor should be treated "better" just because his parents were unable to think about the future. My grandfathers and grandmothers were shitty at planning ahead and my dad and mom were only a bit better, so I don't have a large amount of assets to support myself, so - for example - when I want to move I need to take into account the possibility that I will end up homeless if I don't have a job. What do other people have to do with it? I would never want the govt to tax a rich guy just because whoever has given birth to my parents and me was shitty at handling money.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well yeah but nothing in the world says that people truly deserve it. I mean, there is virtually no reason why someone who is born poor should be treated "better" just because his parents were unable to think about the future. My grandfathers and grandmothers were shitty at planning ahead and my dad and mom were only a bit better, so I don't have a large amount of assets to support myself, so - for example - when I want to move I need to take into account the possibility that I will end up homeless if I don't have a job. What do other people have to do with it? I would never want the govt to tax a rich guy just because whoever has given birth to my parents and me was shitty at handling money.
    Someone tho who had from the start a harder time, needs a little support tho to have similiar possibilities like others. The problem isnt solved by taxing the rich, its the income gap thats killing us. I for example do the drawings for a construction and someone in production builds them. If something goes wrong the constructor and the produce will be hold accountable, cause both could have seen the mistake. I tho earn nearly 200 % more than the guy in production. That makes no sense. it would be ok that I earn more if the availiability of people doing construction work was lower, but since this availiability has become very low, the incomes are peaked to insane amounts. This effect influences the whole economic system and draws a huge gap between the rich and the poor. its not good cause one day the poor come and demand your head on a silver plate.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Communism =/= Fascism
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yes it does. a communist society has a dictator who controls and distributes resources.
    Actually, if you may remember Political Compass and Politopia, it's a 2D scale, of both left and right, and authoritarian and libertarian. Communism and Fascism are both extremely authoritarian. Yet they are also considered on opposite ends of the left/right spectrum. They seem similar because of the authoritarianism.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Nobody said that being homeless was easy. But welfare state have never lust again this ohenomenon, it amplifies it. In a laissez-faire economy, there's less homeless people and it's more easy for an homeless person to find a job. Assistantship is not the answer, it's the problem.
    Most who end up on the streets and stay there, are suffering from mental health issues. Those who struggle to pull themselves from desperate poverty, often stay there from poor education opportunities, low self esteem (which gets introdoctrinated, by the way), as well as the problems I talked about in my last post. Add drugs and drink to the mix and Some people get condemned to life of hell, simply because they are born.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sniffles

"revolutionary" and "conservative". Contradiction.
    Not really, there have been such movements before, most famously the Conservative Revolution movement in Weimar Germany. However, contra to Hazashin's claim they didn't get along very well with the Nazis, and many became involved in the resistance and the July Bomb Plot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Actually, if you may remember Political Compass and Politopia, it's a 2D scale, of both left and right, and authoritarian and libertarian. Communism and Fascism are both extremely authoritarian. Yet they are also considered on opposite ends of the left/right spectrum. They seem similar because of the authoritarianism.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Not really, there have been such movements before, most famously the Conservative Revolution movement in Weimar Germany. However, contra to Hazashin's claim they didn't get along very well with the Nazis, and many became involved in the resistance and the July Bomb Plot.
    What claim do you speak of?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Sniffles

What claim do you speak of?
    They are radical, revolutionary conservatives.
    Radical and revolutionary yes, but not conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    And what exactly are liberal goals, if I may ask?
    The modest goal of liberal democracy is the limitation of power, for power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.