First 12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I have noticed that on the forums, I get misunderstood more than I do in real life. That is interesting, because you would think that choosing your words correctly (instead of just blabbing at the mouth) would get better results.
    I think that's a benefit of the Internet. Unfortunately, people lose out on other dimensions -- personal relationship (so the audience interprets your words correctly), body language, tone of voice, ability to add immediate clarification or change in midstream if it's clear the audience is looking at you like you have two heads, etc.

It's possible to say the exact same thing with two completely tones of voices, to completely different effect. Online, people have to guess... often based on a limited record of who you are.

Plus, since there's an automatic detachment, the normal rules of civility don't necessarily reply; people just are responding to words and more apt to do and say things they would not a IRL convo. There's no real permanent, real-life-impacting outcome for not investing in trying to interpret someone's words correctly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm near about the same on the internet as irl. But I don't have a lot of people around irl that I can bring as varied subject matter out. I am more prone to vent on the internet, but I'm not usually looking for an argument when I do that, just dumping.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I feel more comfortable expressing some things (esp. "geeking out" or expressing appreciation ) on this forum, since I feel like I'm being judged much less and don't depend as much on my clumsy body language. However, I censor my knee-jerk thoughts in both domains; the internet is a wonderful vehicle for those who like to word their responses more carefully, IMO.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Not thinking all that highly of the quality of posts in the sections I'm drawn toward limits my participation. Preference for input over output.

No more expressive online or not, but def won't go scrambling through a mall taz style getting into shouting matches over someone's e-gram.

Also not a fan of people saying or claiming they or others have hurt feelings in order to generate leverage in any setting.

Don't automatically respect anyone, which, taking my mildly austere, passively probing nature into account, can occasionally rub them the wrong way.

Online forums have provided instinctual certain instinctual subtypes, particularly sx/sps across the enneaboard, an artificial playground so to speak. Where I think those directed surely benefit from their passion and drive to an extent, they slip into the habit of substituting any pre-existing group reasoning for or crudely merging with one-on-one reasoning to the extent that others' basic rights can be trashed and turned against them in the name of "perfection". Interesting dynamic.

Someone's gotta do it, or rather, be the product of systematized circumstance. Just not at all desirable in the workplace.

Ideally though, human expression, language should be seen more objectively--one of the primo skeleton keys for universal discovery. The sooner we, as a species, learn to appreciate that everything functions perfectly (often on a spectacular level) without interference regardless of how each of us individually perceive, the better. Feed your curiosity!

thinking of you

Glycerine

I HATE offending people (almost to a neurotic extent) , don't like debating, am afraid of looking "stupid" and for some reason, assume when someone debates with me, I must automatically be wrong (as illogical as it seems) even though many times, I can spot logical inconsistencies after the exchange (I suck at on the spot debating). This all shows IRL and on the forum to the same degree. That's part of the reason why I can be very self censored.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I HATE offending people (almost to a neurotic extent) , don't like debating, am afraid of looking "stupid" and for some reason, assume when someone debates with me, I must automatically be wrong (as illogical as it seems) even though many times, I can spot logical inconsistencies after the exchange (I suck at on the spot debating). This all shows IRL and on the forum to the same degree. That's part of the reason why I can be very self censored.
    I'm the exact same way!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

It's more of a difference between anonymity vs publicity than it is internet vs real life for me. When things are made public, there are stronger consequences (losing one's job or ability to be employed, getting locked in a tower for all eternity, getting slapped hard across the face). This is not to say however that I'm not concerned at all with hurting the person on the other side of the screen in anonymous internet interactions, but it's easier to express myself a lot more fully in such an environment when fear for one's physical well-being is no longer an issue.