• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Body Language Tips

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Give us your best body language tips for success in any type of situation.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
I think the biggest part of properly understanding body language is being an extrovert/being social. I could be wrong. A shy, introverted INFP is not going to develop any social acumen by reading body language tips.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
when you are angry, make a fist and raise it so that your palm side is facing you and knuckles facing up, then raise your middle finger and show it to person who you are angry at

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i'm confused too...just what ever do you mean my dear?

gromit

likes this
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=autCy-bgz6o"]DON'T underestimate the importance of BAWWWDY LANGUAGE...[/YOUTUBE]

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
when you are angry, make a fist and raise it so that your palm side is facing you and knuckles facing up, then raise your middle finger and show it to person who you are angry at

LOL!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
On a first date, lean in (way in) to the person directly across from them and stare intensely into your date's eyes. Don't blink. Never blink. Open your eyes as WIDE as possible so s/he knows you are awake and paying attention. Don't smile, laugh, or otherwise react to what s/he is saying. That is rude and takes the attention off of them. Just keep staring. HARD.

SUCCESS!

Mole

Permabanned
Body Language and MBTI

Body language is unconscious. The moment it becomes conscious, it ceases to be body language.

And once body language is conscious, it becomes another form of conscious manipulation, quite like MBTI.

And conscious manipulation is insulting and threatening to the victim.

But the pathetic manipulators lack all natural grace, and so must manoevre themselves around like robots.

They are ugly and unnatural and must use prosthetics like MBTI and body language to mimic what they have lost.

A

A window to the soul

I think the biggest part of properly understanding body language is being an extrovert/being social. I could be wrong. A shy, introverted INFP is not going to develop any social acumen by reading body language tips.

• Relax: arms and fingers relaxed (not crossed and clinched) :nono:
  • Smile like you mean it!
  • Eye contact
  • Legs may be crossed, but should be crossed towards the person you are talking to
  • When in doubt, mirror your body language with others

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Be sure to walk on two legs, as opposed to crawling or attempting to squirm on the floor like an ineffective snake. Even when stationary, sitting or standing is best!

xisnotx

Permabanned
-When talking to a girl (or guy, I wouldn't know) and they take a step back, end the conversation asap.
-When a girl is not looking at you, but over you, either point it out or end the conversation.
-If a girl is standing alone looking busy, she is usually bored out of her skull.
-Folded arms over chest usually means that they are mentally preoccupied. Do not disturb.
-For girls, any "preening" is a good sign.
-Look for any awkward smiles..that means they are on the defensive..(ie they don't know how to respond to you..). This could be good or bad.
-Girls touching you in any way is obviously a good sign.
-Any rhythmic movement (tapping of feet etc) is usually indicative of boredom or some sort of stress. Depending on context you can usually figure it out...

As for yourself..I'd advise to not try to influence your own body language..it usually doesn't work. Just be natural and project what you are supposed to be projecting.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
For those of you who don't understand - I was asking for tips about body language that you have found useful. For instance, what have you tried in a business or romantic setting that has worked for you.

Or, you can talk about reading someone else's body language. When people have their toes pointed towards you, they are usually interested in the conversation. When you see their toes start to point away from you, they are usually ready to end the conversation.

I have found that using extended eye contact has been helpful in both business and romantic situations. I just make slightly longer eye contact than is normal and people really respond in a positive way. (Overstaring is not good though - just look into the person's eyes slightly longer than you would normally.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know...my behaviors are genuine and i like them like that. if my body language is aloof...it's because i'm focused elsewhere or i don't like you and when it's engaging...it's because i am engaged...i think you're interesting and care about what you're saying....maybe some other types have more difficulty conveying accurate body language?? i guess that's what you're saying...

Mole

Permabanned
For those of you who don't understand - I was asking for tips about body language that you have found useful.

The best tip about body language is to leave it in the unconscious.

For once we become conscious of body language, it is no longer authentic and becomes phoney.

Conscious body language is phoney, for phonies.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just as conscious attempts to be courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, or helpful are phony as well. Best to be your authentic rude, ignorant, obstructionist self.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The best tip about body language is to leave it in the unconscious.

For once we become conscious of body language, it is no longer authentic and becomes phoney.

Conscious body language is phoney, for phonies.

I disagree. I have gone from socially insuccessful to a social butterfly from studying body language and social skills books. Some people just don't know how to look approachable or friendly. I don't think it's phoney to learn how to act polite, approachable, or friendly.

Lark

I disagree. I have gone from socially insuccessful to a social butterfly from studying body language and social skills books. Some people just don't know how to look approachable or friendly. I don't think it's phoney to learn how to act polite, approachable, or friendly.

Tru Dat Sista.