First 1234 Last

chin up, shoulders back.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    I think the biggest part of properly understanding body language is being an extrovert/being social. I could be wrong. A shy, introverted INFP is not going to develop any social acumen by reading body language tips.
    • Relax: arms and fingers relaxed (not crossed and clinched)
    • Smile like you mean it!
    • Eye contact
    • Legs may be crossed, but should be crossed towards the person you are talking to
    • When in doubt, mirror your body language with others

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Be sure to walk on two legs, as opposed to crawling or attempting to squirm on the floor like an ineffective snake. Even when stationary, sitting or standing is best!
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Permabanned

-When talking to a girl (or guy, I wouldn't know) and they take a step back, end the conversation asap.
    -When a girl is not looking at you, but over you, either point it out or end the conversation.
    -If a girl is standing alone looking busy, she is usually bored out of her skull.
    -Folded arms over chest usually means that they are mentally preoccupied. Do not disturb.
    -For girls, any "preening" is a good sign.
    -Look for any awkward smiles..that means they are on the defensive..(ie they don't know how to respond to you..). This could be good or bad.
    -Girls touching you in any way is obviously a good sign.
    -Any rhythmic movement (tapping of feet etc) is usually indicative of boredom or some sort of stress. Depending on context you can usually figure it out...

As for yourself..I'd advise to not try to influence your own body language..it usually doesn't work. Just be natural and project what you are supposed to be projecting.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

For those of you who don't understand - I was asking for tips about body language that you have found useful. For instance, what have you tried in a business or romantic setting that has worked for you.

Or, you can talk about reading someone else's body language. When people have their toes pointed towards you, they are usually interested in the conversation. When you see their toes start to point away from you, they are usually ready to end the conversation.

I have found that using extended eye contact has been helpful in both business and romantic situations. I just make slightly longer eye contact than is normal and people really respond in a positive way. (Overstaring is not good though - just look into the person's eyes slightly longer than you would normally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know...my behaviors are genuine and i like them like that. if my body language is aloof...it's because i'm focused elsewhere or i don't like you and when it's engaging...it's because i am engaged...i think you're interesting and care about what you're saying....maybe some other types have more difficulty conveying accurate body language?? i guess that's what you're saying...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    For those of you who don't understand - I was asking for tips about body language that you have found useful.
    The best tip about body language is to leave it in the unconscious.

For once we become conscious of body language, it is no longer authentic and becomes phoney.

Conscious body language is phoney, for phonies.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Just as conscious attempts to be courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, or helpful are phony as well. Best to be your authentic rude, ignorant, obstructionist self.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The best tip about body language is to leave it in the unconscious.

For once we become conscious of body language, it is no longer authentic and becomes phoney.

Conscious body language is phoney, for phonies.
    I disagree. I have gone from socially insuccessful to a social butterfly from studying body language and social skills books. Some people just don't know how to look approachable or friendly. I don't think it's phoney to learn how to act polite, approachable, or friendly.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I disagree. I have gone from socially insuccessful to a social butterfly from studying body language and social skills books. Some people just don't know how to look approachable or friendly. I don't think it's phoney to learn how to act polite, approachable, or friendly.
    Tru Dat Sista.