User Tag List

123 Last

ThatGirl

Default The *It Will Work Itself Out* Gene

WTF! Where does this idea come from? Is it confidence in one's own ability or the ability of their environment, time?

I seem to not have received this trait at all. It will work itself out? How?!? I need to SEE how it works out, or I feel like nothing will work out. Ever!

I don't believe things just happen, you need information, put in effort, you MAKE things work out.

How do people live like this? Where does it come from? How do you function?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

LOL. This is very much a New Zealand quality. There's a commonly used saying here "she'll be right, mate" - which basically means it will all work out fine, don't worry about it. We freak out tourists by saying this as we strap a bungee cord to their ankles.

I don't know how you obtain this attitude. Perhaps you don't drink enough beer...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

I can't stand that nonsense. Nothing will work out unless I make it happen. Budda-Bing!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

I don't know how you obtain this attitude. Perhaps you don't drink enough beer...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Part confidence in myself and my ability to do things to the best of my ability.
    Part acceptance that what I didn't get done doesn't mean things didn't work out.. they just didn't go the way I wanted them to.
    Part experience from life that things that I thought sucked or were awful one time turned out to be awesome.
    Part spirituality from my religion.

No one part is stronger than the other, I don't suspect. Yes, it's true, I do need to be an influence.. but even if I can't see the whole picture right then, I have a confidence that the picture is there.. and a picture being there means it did work out in the end.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    LOL. This is very much a New Zealand quality. There's a commonly used saying here "she'll be right, mate" - which basically means it will all work out fine, don't worry about it. We freak out tourists by saying this as we strap a bungee cord to their ankles.

What a bizarre people. And yes, beer does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I can't stand that nonsense. Nothing will work out unless I make it happen. Budda-Bing!
    Yes! This! What is wrong with people?

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Part confidence in myself and my ability to do things to the best of my ability.
    Part acceptance that what I didn't get done doesn't mean things didn't work out.. they just didn't go the way I wanted them to.
    Part experience from life that things that I thought sucked or were awful one time turned out to be awesome.
    Part spirituality from my religion.

No one part is stronger than the other, I don't suspect. Yes, it's true, I do need to be an influence.. but even if I can't see the whole picture right then, I have a confidence that the picture is there.. and a picture being there means it did work out in the end.
    Out of curiosity, what do you do once you decide it will all work out? And what does it mean that you need to be an influence?

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

On one hand, "It'll work itself out" is probably an avoidance technique used commonly by those of us with a high perceiving preference. The J's might have a hard time undersanding this because typically, they just don't allow things to work themselves out, always holding the need to interfere and control/direct the outcome.

For myself, it is more of a big picture, grand-scheme, natural balance, ying-yang attitude. A type of faith in the universe that whatever unfolds was meant to be. It stems from that concept that the only constant you can ever count on is change itself. It's definately rooted in a more spiritual realm, and seems to be at odds with the tangible, concrete and materialistic reality.

It kinda adopts the attitude that everything in existance has a nature that should be free and respected, and that by manipulating or altering this nature you are creating an imbalance. THe more force used, the greater the imbalance. Perhaps that imbalance favors you in the moment, but that energy is still pulled from somewhere creating a deficiency. Think cosmic connectivity.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I promise there's a particular word for this particular trait "It Will Work Itself Out". I've been looking for it for a while. I cannot for the life of me, remember it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I promise there's a particular word for this particular trait "It Will Work Itself Out". I've been looking for it for a while. I cannot for the life of me, remember it.
    Don't worry about it. Give it time and it will come to you
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell