User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I make things happen if I want to make them happen. If I want to make them happen, I will enjoy making them happen. If I enjoy making them happen, I don't have to put in any extra effort to make them happen. If I don't have to put in any extra effort to make them happen, it will work itself out.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm like this, it's a combination of extreme laziness and wishful thinking.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you do once you decide it will all work out? And what does it mean that you need to be an influence?
    To give an example: I have a goal of getting my Bachelor's degree. Even though I have this goal, things do keep getting in the way of me receiving it. I graduated high school in 2005, and it's 2011 and I only have my Associates.

What it means to be an influence: I don't passively wait for an opportunity for all the stars to align. I actively seek teachers that will accommodate my military schedule at times where I know I'll be away, I ensure my unit doesn't intend on surprising us with random 2 weeks of training, and I study subjects on my own ahead of time to ensure I'm not behind.

How I know it will work out: Even though I do these things, the military frequently sends me on missions and things that will get in the way of my schooling. It is frustrating that if it weren't for military training non-related to the deployment, I could have completed an entire year of schooling this year. But I don't get discouraged and give up--I know I will get the time to do it, I just need to keep motivated.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's called being a P.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I promise there's a particular word for this particular trait "It Will Work Itself Out". I've been looking for it for a while. I cannot for the life of me, remember it.
    Nonchalance? Passiveness? Serenity? Apathy? Sloth? Insouciance? Indolence?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i'm like this, it's a combination of extreme laziness and wishful thinking.
    +1. Plus the fact that often things actually do work themselves out, so you could say it's conservation of energy/avoidance of redundant tasks. You just have to realize when this is not the case, which is also a common scenario. That's the tricky part.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Nonchalance? Passiveness? Serenity? Apathy? Sloth? Insouciance? Indolence?
    Non of them. It would be a trait of a human being who always manages to get around whatever problem they have no matter how bad it gets and how much they lack initiative. Kind of like luck but a bit more tangential.

RDF

Non of them. It would be a trait of a human being who always manages to get around whatever problem they have no matter how bad it gets and how much they lack initiative. Kind of like luck but a bit more tangential.
    Laissez-faire? As in “a laissez-faire approach to parenting.” Synonyms: hands-off, lax, permissive.

As for the subject of the thread in general, I figure that the human race got along perfectly well without me for the last 100,000 years, and they’ll get along without me for 100,000 years after I’m gone. The same principle applies while I'm here: Just because I’m currently in the vicinity of some task doesn’t mean that my participation is somehow required.

In most cultures there’s a high degree of consensus on how most tasks should be handled and/or what goal should be achieved. So presumably a task will be moved toward roughly the same end and by the same means no matter who handles it. The only question is how effectively and how quickly: A meandering half-assed result vs. a quick, effective result. If the former is acceptable, then I back off and let it happen.

Also, consider that a lot of things that people think are necessary, really aren’t necessary. Call it a “Don’t sweat the small shit” approach. In a world where we all have limited time and energy at our disposal, you have to prioritize things. The first question should always be: “Does this even need to be done in the first place?”

Learn to ignore or cut through the clutter of little obligations and entanglements, and you'll become more effective at achieving your big goals in life.

I think it's more of an optimism/pessimism thing. I don't have to feel confident to think positive and feel that it will all work out somehow. Of course, this doesn't mean I don't have to do anything to make it happen, it just means I try not to think about how it could go wrong.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Serendipity?