User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

yes! not with all people, but i definitely come across people that i'll suddenly be very curious about. male and female. not always romantic. sometimes i pursue finding out more. and other times i sort of run in the opposite direction. depends on the person i guess. like if someone has an intense personality, it sort of scares me as well as attracts, all at the same time.

at the moment, there is a male i work with (but on opposite shifts. he's usually coming in as i'm on my way out.) that i'm highly attracted to. it began as a curiosity. and because, honestly, it seems as though he noticed me in the same way we're talking about here. i was on the receiving end at first. but it scared me. uuuugh. so much, i told other coworkers that i thought him a cocky bastard, as opposed to fessing up to my own attraction. so childish. thing is, i also can't tell if his attraction towards me is in my head or real. maybe that's what really scares me.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

You bet ma'am!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    uuuugh. so much, i told other coworkers that i thought him a cocky bastard, as opposed to fessing up to my own attraction. so childish. thing is, i also can't tell if his attraction towards me is in my head or real. maybe that's what really scares me.
    This reminds me of when I first encountered JTG. I was telling him the other night because he was like "you were so mean to me, I never forget the things you did or said blah blah blah" and I had to tell him why.

I'm like, look bro, I did not trust you. Your hair was just too cool.

(Okay, that last part is a joke.)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I became more attached to my English professor than anyone else I've known. Unfortunately I didn't really know how to keep myself in touch with her, and I've been kind of afraid to try.

Anyhow, the time of your interaction with people follows the old cliche that quality is more important than quantity. If I take a really long time to open up to someone, that's normal, and they are probably unremarkable.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    This reminds me of when I first encountered JTG. I was telling him the other night because he was like "you were so mean to me, I never forget the things you did or said blah blah blah" and I had to tell him why.

I'm like, look bro, I did not trust you. Your hair was just too cool.

(Okay, that last part is a joke.)
    hahahaha!

well, i appreciate you making me feel better over this.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

During the times that I've become very close to people very quickly (e.g. on two separate occasions where I went on service trips with other students and was actually required to open up to them), it hasn't ended well. Usually I've been too intimidated by the person's pre-existing group of friends to try and approach them again. Or I've seen how that person acts with other people and realized that what I thought was closeness may have just been how he acts with most people. Usually I end up detaching myself from them mentally and accepting the fact that I won't ever be close with them. (Of course I still Facebook stalk them, though -- but then again, I Facebook stalk the people who made me cry in middle school, so... yeah.)

The quickest period of time in which I've become close with someone and had the friendship remain close was probably six months. But then again, I have very few friends that I would consider close, and I've known most of them for a long time.

EDIT: I think this explains this post's content pretty well.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP

Totally, and it always freaks me out because I don't know how to go from my usual state of detachment to actively pursuant. It feels out of control. If it's mutual, all is fab. If not, it just feels weird, and then I start inwardly freaking and thinking, "Probably everyone is attached to this individual because of their ability to make everyone feel special, and they are just humoring me."
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Totally, and it always freaks me out because I don't know how to go from my usual state of detachment to actively pursuant. It feels out of control.
    It totally freaks me out because without conscious thought I lose my detachment and actively seek contact with these people and I KNOW I'm out of control. There is nothing more unsettling to me than Fe run amok. :horor:
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Totally, and it always freaks me out because I don't know how to go from my usual state of detachment to actively pursuant. It feels out of control. If it's mutual, all is fab. If not, it just feels weird, and then I start inwardly freaking and thinking, "Probably everyone is attached to this individual because of their ability to make everyone feel special, and they are just humoring me."
    Ahh, sometimes I freak out like that too! But usually in my experience, we don't really become friends, or at least not close friends. More like friendly acquaintances, and that is usually fine with me. I don't need to feel the deep, intense connection constantly. I just don't want to lose touch with them. It's weird.

But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets these weird attachments... maybe I'm not as creepy as I thought, hehe.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I experience that all the time, except for the stalking part. Normally when people are no more in an immediate physical connection with me in my vicinity I tend to forget and to do other things... oh look there rabbit.. *wanders off chasing the rabbit* ...
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]