User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That must be frustrating, how are you holding together ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i love it to death! haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yea, hopefully he has a mother streak, with a well developed emotional side you'll have a son other mothers will envy you for

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's not natural for any child to sit at a desk 6-8 hours a day
    Probably not for adults either!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Probably not for adults either!
    I agree which is why I tend to hate desk jobs. I cannot push paper, I have a hard time even being a writer if it's not fiction. Even I wrote fiction professionally I couldn't sit still all day every day.

It's one of the reasons why I'm thinking of going to culinary school.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i couldn't do it either...i mean...i did sit at a desk for years but i managed a hair salon so i really just sat there and visited with clients...not the same thing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am doing an internship as an engineer in construction atm. It's everything I ever wanted, sitting in front of a computer allday, constructing the most complicated stuff. They figured I am good with computers and gave me already after 2 weeks so much responsibility to attain to my own construction project. I dont know, I always wanted to invent stuff but I am feeling now after 2 weeks already that wont be my future. Gladly its only an internship, but I am already looking forward to monday in 2 weeks, cause then I'll go to sales and work in product management. At least I can talk to people there again and leave my desk for a minute

Are you crazy? You'll shoot yer eye out kid!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I am not much of an artist, and my Ne is a secondary function that feeds Ti, so my perspective may be colored by that.

For me, Ne is a constant speculation engine...the speculations could be wrong, but it just churns away. There are even speculations about the speculations and so on.
    Like all extroverted functions, Ne is focused on the outside world...that's what makes it extroverted.

Say I meet a person, all off a sudden, a wave of speculations hit me about her.
    Everything from: "It seems like we have ___ in common."
    to: "She may like ___."
    to: "She probably thinks I'm ____."
    to: "I think she's into ___."
    to: "She'll may like my friend ___."

It happens quick, and its a constant flood...a lot like Se, except instead of noticing a lot of the concrete things about a person or object, I "notice" a lot of the possibilities about the person or object.

As for practicing it, just open your mind to possibilities in the external world. You are used to Ni, which is more internal...having a vision of what you want, what you would like to create, what you foresee for yourself. It is very focused inward.

Si can aid Ne. Si is about inner world of actualities...have a clear memory of past events, comparing and contrasting different situations, proximal associations, noticing what is out of place.

I think it is good to be able to purposefully access cognitive faculties that we don't favor. But, I think it ought to be done judiciously. I looked at some of your art from the link you have in your signature. It is much better than I could have done. The Se-Ni combination can be very creative indeed.
    As far as the way you describe meeting others, I don't know that is an example of Ne. I often jump mentally like that when meeting new people. I always related it to being either an introverted thing, a feeling thing, a sexual variant thing. IDK. An insecure thing, even.

Thank you for checking out my link, btw. I was thinking about starting a thread on the differences between each function/type/etc and the type of art related with each.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I am doing an internship as an engineer in construction atm. It's everything I ever wanted, sitting in front of a computer allday, constructing the most complicated stuff. They figured I am good with computers and gave me already after 2 weeks so much responsibility to attain to my own construction project. I dont know, I always wanted to invent stuff but I am feeling now after 2 weeks already that wont be my future. Gladly its only an internship, but I am already looking forward to monday in 2 weeks, cause then I'll go to sales and work in product management. At least I can talk to people there again and leave my desk for a minute
    I strangely enough can do well sitting all day long or running around at work in a fast paced environment.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It's worth remembering that Ne is an attitude, not an ability. You cannot practice wanting something. For an ISFP, Ne is the trickster function, which means it is more of a cloak that covers one of the concious functions, changing it's appearance but it doesn't go much deeper than that.

The best you can probably get out of Ne in terms of art is to observe it in other people, then use this as inspiration for your art. Try to express they way they see the connections between things and why this connections cause them to act as they do. Maybe you can come up with an interesting picture, song or whatever you chosen media is. Basically, though you will still be opperating within Fi, Se, Ni, but I wouldn't worry about it.
    There is that itsy bitsy detail about the functions being attitudes and not abilities. That part really is important to note because it causes sooooo much confusion on what type is really about. Which is why my exercise was just a start, not to practice any "type ability" but to work with one's current type preferences to build an appreciation and get a taste of the kinds of things NPs get excited about. I was going to reveal my ways more dramatically, but this thread's fading anyway so I might as well say it now