User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 80

  1. #41
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Pretty sure that's Si, and she's asking how to develop her Ne. I'm sure that categorizing all lip products in the store together, whether they be balm, gloss, lip color, or lip liner, isn't Ne either...it's Si. It's categorizing similar objects in a linear fashion.

    Your musings on the abstract nature of the word "ball" in relation to the concept of "God" and so forth is probably Ne, though.
    hmm..there's no difference, function-wise. Si-Ne go hand in hand. There is a difference in that "lip gloss---lip products---lip balm" is a more obvious connection than "God"--abstract things--"Ball", but the use of Ne is still in both(though more adamant in the latter). And for an Se-type, I think it's best to start concrete.

  2. #42
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post

    Abstract relationships. Would you be willing to display how your mind jumps around, or how your thought processes play out in order to illustrate?
    My perspective, you mean? I'll try:

    I look at an object(say a pen). It's an intuitive(natural) process so I suddenly think of something else(say, a car). The connection I saw was "human tools." The pen to record or communicate and the car to cover more distances.

    I don't know if that helps, I find it difficult to illustrate when I'm "forcing" Ne.

  3. #43
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    hmm..there's no difference, function-wise. Si-Ne go hand in hand. There is a difference in that "lip gloss---lip products---lip balm" is a more obvious connection than "God"--abstract things--"Ball", but the use of Ne is still in both(though more adamant in the latter). And for an Se-type, I think it's best to start concrete.
    Si-Ne go hand in hand in an NP or SJ. You're trying to tell an Se-Ni type to use Ne.

    I think you're confused. You're talking about your Si.

  4. #44
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    My perspective, you mean? I'll try:

    I look at an object(say a pen). It's an intuitive(natural) process so I suddenly think of something else(say, a car). The connection I saw was "human tools." The pen to record or communicate and the car to cover more distances.

    I don't know if that helps, I find it difficult to illustrate when I'm "forcing" Ne.
    nice. thanks!
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  5. #45
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Si-Ne go hand in hand in an NP or SJ. You're trying to tell an Se-Ni type to use Ne.

    I think you're confused. You're talking about your Si.
    An Se-Ni trying out Ne would require practicing a whole different type of mindset(Si-Ne), not simply Ne. Functions form a whole. As such, they must always be perceived as interrelated.

  6. #46
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Are you trying to make excuses for why you were describing Si?

    That's cool bro, and not that strange in a type that has Ne and Si so close in tandem (INTP Ti/Ne/Si/Fe).

  7. #47
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Are you trying to make excuses for why you were describing Si?
    Ne is a function, not an object. Please explain how I was describing Si.

    That's cool bro, and not that strange in a type that has Ne and Si so close in tandem (INTP Ti/Ne/Si/Fe).
    Your talking about generalizations. Sociology, not psychology. please be careful not to go typist.

  8. #48
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    You're making linear connections by accepting new sensory input into your previous filing cabinet of subjective sensory impressions.

    You're structurally categorizing tangible things, not seeing abstract patterns.

  9. #49
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Oh boy.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  10. #50
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You're making linear connections by accepting new sensory input into your previous filing cabinet of subjective sensory impressions.

    You're structurally categorizing tangible things, not seeing abstract patterns.
    "Ball" is not a sensory input. It is a geometrical pattern associated with human playful activities.

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Oh boy.
    ...sorry

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 294
    Last Post: 10-07-2017, 08:07 PM
  2. How to develop Si as a Ne dom?
    By giorgaros2 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2015, 12:30 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Wanting to be both T and F, what made u decide which?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 12:58 AM
  4. Need to change, don't want to change.
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO