User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I have trouble with Ni so I can sort of understand the difficulty of maintaining a function that's not natural to you. What you have to do is really be aware and conscious of your thinking. Then all there is to do is to keep looking for things that are abstractedly(not physically) related to each other. don't look for connections in terms of perspectives(like symbols, hidden meanings, etc.) but look for them independent of perspective(like a soccer ball and a football are related becaus their both balls.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But a soccer ball and foot ball are related because they're both balls. They end in "ball," they are physically balls, and you see them together a lot in gyms.

That's not Ne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    However, I wanted to ask you about the comment of Ne using theory for theory sake. I seem to find myself highly interested in theory, but always seeking to connect it back to reality and tangible results. The more I believe a theory to be true, the more I seek to validate it, but through unbiased measures. Evidence and the scientific method become very important. Wouldn't this be common for anyone wanting to intuit external? Linking it back to the external environment would seem to place greater weight on how it can practically fit into the material world, instead of residing in some internal construct.
    This might be my introverted take on it (JiNe). But what you're talking about is following through on an idea to creation, not necessarily linking it to something currently practical, right? I don't know if I am making that distinction clear, but I see one between practicality of an idea versus making it real to prove it has use to begin with.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like creating just for the sake of it...or theory for the sake of it...the fun part is solving the problem or creating something from nothing or altering something to be so much more. i would get as much satisfaction from just coming up with the ideas and giving them to someone else..i don't only find it useful if it's something i personally want or after i see it completed.

is that what you're talking about?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I happen to like internal constructs.. I don't prioritize linking things back externally.

Err.. It's hard to elaborate actually. Lets just say that my sense of possibilities don't really think practically. I'd rather that things come to my way of seeing rather than having it appeal the other way around.

Maybe this is more Ni. Whatever.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But a soccer ball and foot ball are related because they're both balls. They end in "ball," they are physically balls, and you see them together a lot in gyms.

That's not Ne.
    The idea of the "ball" is simply a spherical, round object, perhaps bouncy. You can't physically see that concept. (Granted, a football isn't that round but it can still fall under the idea. A golfball and basketball would work better.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I happen to like internal constructs.. I don't prioritize linking things back externally.

Err.. It's hard to elaborate actually. Lets just say that my sense of possibilities don't really think practically. I'd rather that things come to my way of seeing rather than having it appeal the other way around.

Maybe this is more Ni. Whatever.
    But I think this is being an introvert.....I'm like this as well. Our reality is Fi, and Ne serves its purposes (so to speak).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    The idea of the "ball" is simply a spherical, round object, perhaps bouncy. You can't physically see that concept. (Granted, a football isn't that round but it can still fall under the idea. A golfball and basketball would work better.)
    I think this is a terrible analogy.

I'm pretty sure that Ne sees things that are related that aren't physically similar or categorically utilized for simillar activities in the physical realm.

Sorry. Think of something more abstract, or more "different."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Forget Ne and go Ni! It'll be easier on you mentally, and you get that nice tunnel vision/epiphany stuff.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Forget Ne and go Ni! It'll be easier on you mentally, and you get that nice tunnel vision/epiphany stuff.
    This is just a disgusting comment. Get over yourself.