• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I used to love sleeping for the dreams (this is wayyy back in childhood and early adolescence) and practiced semi-lucid dreaming. I also suffered from vivid nightmares as a child and night terrors which is common for kids - I'd wake up and couldn't move. I usually somehow had the blanket over my head and felt like suffocating so I'd have to count to three and make my body kick the blanket off.

I also remember a few times the very moment when I went under -- from closing my eyes to being pulled into actual sleep For me, it felt like falling into myself or getting sucked down and (at least once?) a loud rushing sound in my ears.

When I got older, I became more lucid in my nightmares and knew when they were coming and could sometimes avoid them or get out of them mid-stream. Sometimes I couldn't, even though I knew I was dreaming. Isn't that messed up? Once I fought so hard to wake up I literally opened my eyes and saw my room and then got sucked back to sleep and into my nightmare.

And I'll be totally honest, the most direct link of my mind to my dreams for lucid dreaming came in the form of, alright, let's just call them..."Adults situations". :ninja: What??? You can't control my mind! Keep your thought police out of here!

Except my brain seems to be changing again. For years after late adolescence my vivid dreams stopped and came and went with waves but they've recently returned. Nice long narrative dreams. I thought of a movie scenario or two from them -- though apparently one is non-linear and 'makes no sense'. Hello, let's just call it a surreal psychological thriller and call it a day.

I've also felt physical pain in dreams, like sharp, stabbing, pain. I know wtf, that's not fun. And heard jarring loud noises that make me want to cover my ears.

I don't dream in bright colors though, I read that's linked to the amount of blood in a certain part of your brain during REM sleep. When you wake up, all that blood flows out in a rush, which is why you supposedly forget your dreams so quickly. Just an FYI for dream junkies.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Whoops, just read the OP, alright on topic!

Dreams and significance:

I used to have a lot of anxiety dreams, where I was both the hunted and the hunter. I was a criminal commiting you know, crimes (sometimes murder, sometimes unclear) and then I'd switch to the POV of the detective. I think I once even killed "myself" in my dream as the criminal. I've spent dreams anxiously searching for suspects/criminals/missing people etc. I wake up exhausted and anxious and paranoid. Nice.

I've also had anxiety dreams where I only have 1 more semester of school to graduate, but I've forgotten to drop a class or something and am right about to flunk out and know it, but I spend the rest of the dream chasing down ghost professors to sign some paper or miss out on my senior trip or prom because I'm trying to finish my final project for a class I forgot I had. Really horrible feelings, because those anxiety fears were REAL and taken directly from my real life.

And dreams where I'm basically bullied by people and have to stand up for myself. Dear lord, can we get any more prophetic.

I am VERY HAPPY to say these anxiety dreams have all but stopped in recent times. Thank you, CzeCze is dealing with her shit. And yeah, I have finished all my compulsory education and gotten my BA so you can try to psych me out as much as you want, head, but it's too late for me to flunk out of anything!

Again, I usually have some level of awareness in dreams and know I'm dreaming, but not enough to fully control it or have full self-awareness (i.e. lucid dream) This is very true in my bullying dreams where my heart sinks and I think "holy crap, here we go again" My ego fears and paranoia have full reign and I "know" no matter what I do, how loud I scream, how vociferously I stand up for myself, I will continue to get harassed and bullied and my dream is on that fatalistic loop -- and that's the mental gauntlet. I know in my dream that I have to stand up for myself even though it will not have the happy ending I want. I think my mind is daring me to push my boundaries. And I think my mind may be cheap and instead of paying for therapy, it's giving me pseudo role playing exercises. Except when you do real role playing exercises, they usually let you "win" and that's the therapeutic benefit. :dry:

PS. I've never had a dream where I was naked in public, except once after I kept wondering why I never had such a dream and even then I wasn't freaked out at being naked. If those nudity dreams represent fears of public ridicule or people really "seeing" you, I don't think I have enough of those fears in my psyche to warrant a dream. I actually don't really care about "being naked" in the metaphorical sense and for years my physical appearance was pretty flippant -- I mean, I got kinda used to attention, negative/positive/neutral. My fears manifest(ed -- past tense! paste tense!) in other kinds of anxiety dreams.

TheLivingCouch

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Just the other night I had one of the strangest dreams I had in a very long time. It shook me out of a pretty sound sleep. It’s not an odd occurrence for me to have dreams that are just completely off the wall but most of the time I forget them as soon as I wake up whether I want to remember them or not.

My dream went like this. As in most of my dreams the scene played out in front of me like a TV show. I’m walking along what I believe was I dirt trail in a forest when I come across this thing. It kind of looked like a human laying face up and naked on the ground but it wasn’t. The body was completely white like a zombie or something. The legs were also fused together along their length. There was a brief once over the body before zooming up close on the head. It had the same basic shape as a human head but was completely featureless save for a glowing red circle right in the middle of where the face should be. It then started moving forward. If you think of how an amoeba moves this thing was doing just that, projecting pseudopods forward. As it was doing this there was a voice in the background, think your typical documentary narrator voice, that said “See how it moves forward to get what it wants.” What it wanted was small sphere deep crimson red in color. Just as it was devouring the sphere I shuddered and woke up. It wasn’t so much a nightmare I don’t think but that creature thoroughly disgusted me.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've had dreams about being in college for the last couple of weeks. They were never literal; I wasn't at the college I actually attended, or even among people I knew from college. I just "knew" that I was a college student. I find this curious because I haven't been in college for years, and because I rarely remember dreams, let alone several times over a short period.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I rarely have vivid dreams that I can remember. It's quite disappointing because I love dreams. Nightmares, adventures, sex dreams, dramas, I enjoy it all. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I had an epic dream last night, I'll try to remember all of it but their was a lot. It started out now this part I don't remember if I was falling asleep or was asleep but I was laying in bed and I heard a voice telling me what a terrible person I was after that I was at my parent's home with my room mate and the ceiling was leaking and I started to make a big deal out of it (For some reason the dining room ceiling always had a tendecy to leak no matter how many times we fixed it so I would never care that the ceiling leaked, but in my dream I did) Then my mom came in and started yelling at me that I chased off the repair people and at that moment the room's floor is the same wood as the back deck infact the floor is just an octagon of that stuff and nothing all around, so I go up to my room and look at the window and their's a train going by, and you know how if you stare correctly at something it feels like your moving with the object even if you aren't? that's what I did and the next thing I know i'm in another train going along the first train I go through the mountains and for about 3 feet their's snow then I'm back in my room then my mom comes in and starts saying that she's worried about me and that I've gotten really thin and gives me a personality/depression test on a magna-doodle I tell her I'm fine and refuse to fill anything out. the dream sorta just ended their/ I don't remember the rest

last time I consume three feet of sugar before bed.

Now the train part I think is because I live by the el and trains go by all hours of the night and I heard a train and incorporated it into my dream

the night before I had three dreams about dunkin donuts.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, on Saturday morning I awoke from a dream involving my getting married to a doctor. It was a nice traditional love, there were no pressures about sex or anything, I remember being very happy. But toward the end of the dream we just started bickering over who knows what and I couldn't stop it. I was watching it from the viewpoint of someone else, a bystander, someone from either of our families. In my mind I was really trying to force myself to stop arguing and to try and resolve whatever was going on, but the person who was supposedly me just wouldn't stop.

Apparently dreaming about getting married to a doctor means someone or something is deceiving me, haha. I think it was just because I have a crush on my own doctor. :p

But the fighting part I am not sure about...

To see others fighting in your dream, suggests that you are unwilling to acknowledge your own problems and turmoil. You are not taking any responsibility or initiative in trying to resolve issues in your waking life.

To dream that you participate in a fight, indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life.

Do you think I was fighting myself, watching someone else fight, or both? Both descriptions relate to my life, though, sooo... :huh:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Nothappy, that dream struck me as incredibly rich, and incredibly beautiful... There're an awful lot of archetypes there: the old guide, mother, father, shadow, etc.

I had a really cool progression of dreams throughout highschool. My dad is Jewish (by heritage, not religion), so I partially identify with Jews. I used to have dreams that the NAZIs were after my dad and I, and I was always running away, trying to escape them. Later on, I started having dreams where I was a leader Jew, helping fellow Jews to safety. Finally, I started dreaming that I was a Christian hiding Jews. Then I stopped having holocaust dreams altogether. See the progression? Victim, empowered victim, non-victim. :rock:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i had a strange dream a while ago...

it started with a baseball diamond surrounded by a high chain link fence. around the backstop was a grass-covored ditch follow by an elevated pavement road that followed the curved contour of fencing behind home plate.

inside was a large group of people, spread sporatically in the inner field. they were wearing strange outfits, caricatures of different animals and people figures.

i was outside of the field standing on the road, with a slender figure besides me, who exactly i couldnt make out. scattered around our side of the fence was pieces of debris. me and the figure had a short conversation that i dont remember, then i began walking down the road and picking up what was on the ground and throwing it over the fence. i remember throwing some old food and a rock, the people inside were angry.

then i continued walking down the road, and a lady in a convertable came around the bend i was approaching at high speeds... for some reason i felt strong dislike towards her. she saw me on the road and swerved, careening into the ditch and crashing into the fench. she got out and started yelling and i ignored her.

the sky was getting dark and suddenly i am inside a mansion of sorts, dimly lit by candles. i dont see them, but the figure from before is with me, and we are in a hallway standing in front of a pair of doors. i go inside and the people from the field are there, they look at me as i walk through the room

later on that night i imagine that i am in a large jet. for some reason, there is no cockpit, and i am sitting in the front row right behind the pilots. we are taking off, and the run way extends a short distance in front of us, then goes up a steep hill. the runway is covered on each side with a formation of trees.

as we're taking off, one of the pilots pulls up too quickly causing the tail to hit the ground, but it bounces off the ground in an almost comical manner and the plane hits the runway and continues down it in an uncontrolled fashion. at this point i realize im not wearing a seatbelt, but for some reason i dont fly out of my seat during any of this.

we continue down the runway in a clumsy manner, and up the aforementioned steep portion, where the plane slows, then begins to tilt and slide down the side of the hill. i remark something to the pilots, one of which says "its ok", and i knew what he meant was that the trees were there to slow the plane down... but on the way down we hit the ground and bounce off, and over the remaining trees, and the pilot says "nevermind". again it occurs to me im not secured, but in this dream i seem to be invincible... we crash below, in what appears to be a desert, and i get out... we are in the middle of nowhere and in front of a lit building. i say something, and the rest of the passengers laugh, then the dream ends

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think vent has been messing with my dreams I was back in highschool we went on a camping trip which was all outside and drank something that was part vodka part whiskey and part fruit punch which was in punch bowl on a coffee table in the forest actually their was a whole living room their. Anyways I kept spilling my drink but it didn't stain the oriental rug but every kept saying it did but it dripped off the coffee table and disapeared of course in my dream I had just finished two joints.

the next thing I'm in a field and their stands ender behind some cabinets full of pills their out of no where pops a character from the tv show skins (Cassie) I see a red pill and ask ender what it's for and he gives to Cassie, then I try to ask to buy something but he thinks I'm hitting on him I call him an idiot then two people show up and then were in a contest for drugs I was turtle in a computer game that was a race and I despite having a delayed start because I wasn't listening when he said what the prize was and I was asking about it. I still won then I was like, "How am I going to get to toronto?"

so now I'm in a room with people and theirs little kids and people in their 20s and the little kids are looking for clues and nighting has a tray of three cupcakes so I grab one and L4TBNU starts saying if you are not a little kid do not eat the food they are clues so I hide the cupcake in my hand and eat it secretly. It was white with hazlenut butter cream icing it was so yummy it was like angel food and icing had just the right sweetness and hazelnuttiness to it.

Then they found out that xanax caused erections when male users looked at trees and then would lose the erection when they weren't looking at the tree. So their were now anti xanax posters up saying don't accept prescriptions of xanax and being the only way you can get it up is by looking at a tree. they even had a poster with a little boy all sad about this fact. (I think that's the part that disturbed me the most)

nothappy

I had a premonition in my dreams... I saw my grandfather smiling with his dog... we were on a cloud, with the sun rise? behind us and he asked, How are you?

I didn't respond, and next day I got a mail telling me that my grandfather passed away.

Creepy but peaceful dream.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I may need to take a break because I had a dream about members on here once again.

I dreamt that I smoked pot with Your Local Jesus in my apartment and whatever kept poking me and was freaking out. For some reason her finger hurt when she poked me and in my dream that meant I was dying so she kept saying "their's something wrong with purple chickens" and kept poking me.

I don't talk to YLJ so that was very odd.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I don't even have dreams. If I do, I don't remember them.

Am I missing out?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've had two recent dreams, one being last night, involving demon possession. Ehh, I hate em. I looked it up and apparently those kinds of dreams typically signify feelings of helplessness and distress. :shrug:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I have mostly situational dreams. They are always set in a very baroque landscape and are usually void of people. Alpine settings & Scotland are popular. Architecture is usually a dominant feature. There is rarely a narrative, only slightly strange moods and abstract situations that shift quickly. Fairly sure I'm an SF in sleep.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Dream Thread

This thread is where you tell about the dreams you have if you remember them. I tend to have a lot of dreams, hence why I'm awake at this hour, but usually I don't remember them past 1 hour if I stay awake and not at all if I fall back asleep. Weird. I wonder what makes us forget our dreams. Anyways, I thought I'd start a thread about it. No day/awake dreams please, only sleeping dreams. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I dreamt that I bought some Big Red chewing gum last night, but when I woke up I did not have this Big Red. It was quite a let-down, to say the least.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hahaha That's funny. :smile:

I have nightmares sometimes. Tonight I had one where I was helping some friends pack and move and one of them got upset with the other and tried to strangle him and we were all trying to break it up but couldn't get her to let go of her grip around his neck (yes it was a her who was doing the strangling). :shock:

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the sensation of taste was rare in dreams. This is fairly common in my dreams, which often have a food theme. I use all of my senses in a dream.

In a recent dream I was at a potluck dinner with my mother and some female relatives. When I got to the table where the food was it was picked over. The only foods left were dessert. This dessert only meal is a reoccuring theme in my dreams.

I am not obsessed with food or dessert in real life.

Ilah