• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
-what's the difference between jumping down and falling? :huh:

Falling is a tragic accident, jumping down involves being bored at the top. But strangely I feel a form of pain when it happens.

has anyone ever had a lucid dream?

Only almost. A friend told me to try to look at my hands when dreaming, and it works to an extent. My imagination couldn't get past sex though.

Alchemist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Chen: I've never seen that film before, I hear it's pretty good. Usually I just play in my lucid dreams (like walking on water, walls, flying, running on slim surfaces etc.). Some people get really good at it and create stuff and generally have more control.

Prpl: Gack. That's awful. Even if it's just a dream, people being overtly negative can make you feel bound at times.

Mort: *eyeroll* You're such a sexual predator.

-A

nothappy

I had a really weird dream before, and I guess I could say that it was a vivid dream for me.

A random asian guy in his mid-thirties was after me, from Japan. I've never seen him before. If I remember correctly he had a sly smile, but a memorable one. I saw him controlling fire with the candle. With his powers and manipulation he is a serial killer. Perhaps he was able to kill children before they fully developed their powers. Hmm, I guess he was sent here to eliminate children who had ability to control fire. Ironically, he has the same power as them. He spent his days practicing his art inside a dark room, which consisted of a desk, a CD case filled with CD's (the long one that stands up), with a lit candle. I could see how the house is set-up because of a tinted window with some sunlight seeping through. His house is around the farmlands, and no one really knows where he buried the children, but on the news they claimed that he was out on the loose. Somehow I was at that exact farmland, enjoying myself. Or I don't really know how I ended up there. Perhaps I was kidnapped from my home by that serial killer. A few old souls that are around didn't know about the serial killer I think. The next day, I had a feeling that he was after me. I decided to run away. The thing is, he had ability to speak telepathically, showing me what he was going to do. And I saw him kill an innocent person, who had ability to control fire. He told me I was next.

Desperate, I can't drive a car, so I decided to get something better than my legs, (which is running) I took a bicycle.
I looked around for help, stopping at the nice old couple's house, insisting that I was in immediate danger, and asked for directions. They said they can't really do anything for me except to point to the nearest city, which is where my house is. I biked for 15 miles, but ended up at the parts of the city where I am not familiar with. Running around like a psychotic maniac, I found a random place with people around. Stores, restaurants, it was a busy street.
It started raining from there. For some reason, I saw the psycho killer around. I hid at a restaurant, where I found my dad. I knew the killer knew where I was, I sneaked around the back and found my mom. We hugged. And the psycho killer stood before me.

That's how it ended.

Annuit Coeptis

MBTI Type
intp
Has anybody used plants or substances to enhance their dreaming?
voacognis africana?
calea zacetechichi?<- on which I had the three most meaningful dreams of my life

melatonin, b6, folic acid, valerian?

Utilizing sleep creatively should be more highly prioritized than it typically is, don't you think?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Alchemist: yea. I usually let my dreams run. But if it gets too scary/disturbing, i'll 'step in' and alter the dream. Don't quite know how to say so, but yea, it can be done.

That wasn't quite the lucid dreaming i was talking about tho. perhaps i should have been more precise. :thinking: i meant clairvoyant dreams. Where you dream of something that seems hyper real (different from normal dreams), and it happens in real life after. Has anyone had that?

Annuit. nopes. sometimes i use valerian to try to get to sleep. but it isn't for purposes of dream enhancement. if anything, i'd like to dream less. :dry:

Colour, or black and white? What do most of you dream in?

Atomic Fiend

edit: has anyone ever had a lucid dream?

In December of last I had a car accident that messed up my neck and lower back, Could never actually get to sleep until I was properly cared for, but I still dreamed, wide awake, keeping eyes on the clock my ceiling and such. These weren't the usual day dreams nor were these hallucinations, these were stoner visions, despite me never having taken any drugs, ever.

I argued with the WB frog, who somehow adopted the personality of the Cat from Alice in Wonderland. We fought over him being a possible racist. He told me riddles, which I don't understand why I couldn't figure them out as they were coming from my own mind. All this while I was awake, I kept track of time, I was laying in my Moms bed because it was more comfortable, this dream began around 9:50 and ended around 10:45.

This isn't the first time this has happened and wasn't even the last. It's one I remember well, because of the ridiculous amount of pain I was in at the time.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So I had this dream in finland january 2007 their's two parts the first part was Obama got elected as president, and the first few months everything was fine but on March 25th 2009 he got assasainated. The next part of my dream took place in October of 2010 and it was Chicago being bombed, I can't remember by who. But it was the official beginning of War World 3 but the US had to pull out early on because we spent all we could for military in Iraq. and so we had to meet demands of another country and it just kept getting worse and worse.

Those were actually nightmares.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
That wasn't quite the lucid dreaming i was talking about tho. perhaps i should have been more precise. :thinking: i meant clairvoyant dreams. Where you dream of something that seems hyper real (different from normal dreams), and it happens in real life after. Has anyone had that?

Yep, I've had that. For about a week once everytime I woke up I went 'ARRGH WEDNESDAY' and I had no idea why until someone I knew died the following wednesday. Oh, and a couple of months ago I dreamt that I missed the school bus on the way home because I went to go fetch my bag and the bus went even though I asked the bus driver to wait. In my dream I then found out that this was a good thing because something worrying/annoying was going to happen on the bus when we crossed a certain road. I had forgotten about this until the next day when I was sitting on the bus waiting for it to leave school and a kid a few years younger than me asked the bus driver to wait while he fetched something. The bus went off before he could get back on so then I thought '... hang on... oh sh*' and I was a bit nervous because I didn't know what was going to happen but as the bus pulled up to cross that bit of road it turned out that the bus driver was new and just didn't know which way to go :)
I know it could all just be coincidence but I like to think that maybe it's not :)

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Everything from dreams, prophetic dreams, lucid dreams, something not quite lucid (errrrr), astral projection/OBEs. Always almost vivid to all.

I can have about 6+ dreams a night, since early childhood. I remember a lot or can remember past ones if I think about them (they usually 'link up' that way). I used to have recurring dreams and especially recurring nightmares (one theme of which I've solved but I still get it and it sometimes comes as a non-threatening dream, likely to warn me. The other ongoing..). One of the first dream/nightmares I recall is from 6, of that theme I've solved, another one at age 2-3 (but I'm not sure if it was a dream or something else..) Sometimes they all mix up, dreams then lucids then OBEs or whathaveyou, in any order.

My little sister has similar, but not as often nor as intense. She can control her dreams or *pop* out when she gets scared. As you say elfie, she can also choose to go back to the dream wherever it left off or change it or leave it. I've never been able to do that !_!

We also have had nightmares or Sleep Paralysis attacks and awoke at the same time to call out or visit the other to discuss. Or we found out the next day etc. And my mom will have dreams of warning regarding us, usually. One she had Saturday night of my sis, the next day turns out sis was sick (I had a 'flash' about her and of my best/f on Saturday but eh @_@ and both turned out to be sick. Best/f in Emerg, sis to doc and she stayed home all week !_!) z.z

I found this odd but with days after joining MBTIc, I began dreaming of interacting with people through "posts". All I would see was the site and post after post b/w myself and others. People I hadn't interacted with yet, such as ygolo and Dana (of the early ones). Kiddo as well. I forget who else. I've pretty much stopped now. But it used to be EVERY NIGHT nonstop. I'm sure my subconscious was warning me that I was overloading myself with the site lol (post count post count...).

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I hope this hasn't been asked. Do any of you guys "feel" or get sensations in your dreams/lucid or otherwise? Sexual sensations to orgasms, pain to death, etc? And before I'm asked, Yes. :devil:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I haven't read through the whole thread, so I hope this hasn't been asked. Do any of you guys "feel" in your dreams/lucid or otherwise? Sexual feelings to orgasms, pain to death, etc? And before I'm asked, Yes. :devil:

I can sometimes feel in my dreams, I also smell and taste things aswell. But I can also look at a picture and "taste" or "feel" something in the picture. Like if I'm looking at the picture of water I can feel the water on me even though I'm dry and it's just a picture. Or a picture of cheesecake I can smell the cheese cake, then I start imaging the texture and taste. Sometimes I can't get a smell out of my head and no matter where I go I smell that smell even though no one else does.

Atomic Fiend

My little sister has similar, but not as often nor as intense. She can control her dreams or *pop* out when she gets scared. As you say elfie, she can also choose to go back to the dream wherever it left off or change it or leave it if it's too scary. I've never been able to do that !_!
I can, it's a technique I use quite often, to avoid something horrible coming, because in dreams you know when something bad is going to happen, luckly I had the power to push stop, eject, and change the movie.
But sometimes when attempting to change a dream I get stuck in the same damn dream over again, which blows.

Also my dreams seem to have a set continuity that they follow also, my dream school is placed beside a construction site which goes from being packed with workers to eeriely empty. My town is always dramtically different from where I actually live, save for the same denizens and some people I'm sure I've never met before. I live on an Island city that remains fundamentally unchanged night from night.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I hope this hasn't been asked. Do any of you guys "feel" in your dreams/lucid or otherwise? Sexual feelings to orgasms, pain to death, etc? And before I'm asked, Yes. :devil:
Yes, this is blessing that makes more... sensual dreams that much more pleasurable. But have you ever had a dream of being stabbed?

Not fun.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I can sometimes feel in my dreams, I also smell and taste things aswell. But I can also look at a picture and "taste" or "feel" something in the picture. Like if I'm looking at the picture of water I can feel the water on me even though I'm dry and it's just a picture. Or a picture of cheesecake I can smell the cheese cake, then I start imaging the texture and taste. Sometimes I can't get a smell out of my head and no matter where I go I smell that smell even though no one else does.

Now that is very interesting. I don't recall smells or tastes often in my dreams, I don't think. No, I'm fairly certain that's rare, if I do. But I get sensations plenty enough !_! Did you mean only in dreams, though? If not, then in RL, I can do the same with imagining things (Deja Vu whoa..).

But sometimes when attempting to change a dream I get stuck in the same damn dream over again, which blows.

Sometimes I get the same dream, one after another, but something a bit off and I'll notice... but then new same dream!

Also my dreams seem to have a set continuity that they follow also, my dream school is placed beside a construction site which goes from being packed with workers to eeriely empty. My town is always dramtically different from where I actually live, save for the same denizens and some people I'm sure I've never met before. I live on an Island city that remains fundamentally unchanged night from night.

Ooh, I don't get continuity as often. And if so, it's more of theme, than anything else..

Yes, this is blessing that makes more... sensual dreams that much more pleasurable. But have you ever had a dream of being stabbed?

Not fun.

I've had dreams of being shot (numerous places err body parts *sings* head shoulders feet and toes, feet and toeeeeessss), then died, felt the pain and awoke with the pain which lingers a long time. Stabbed, yes. Been crushed by people. Bitten, clawed. Um. All sorts of gruesome things that Demons or monsters might do. Hoards...

What's not fun is having multiple dream within dreams of jerking off, trying to jjerk desperately, only to wake up in each dream thinking that you've finally "gotten awoken" so that you can jerk off FINALLY...so that when you *really* wake up in *RL* and not another "fake RL dream", you find yourself trying to jerk off... and well you do (well, I do).

Not fun--

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Freudian theory gives an answer to that, actually.

because for most humans, the physis force is so great, that even in the unconscious state, death is inacceptable.

That is why you wake up.

Even in dreams, the animal instinct is for life. It rejects death completely and utterly.

One who, in a falling dream, can die, is one who has given up on life.

I've died in my dreams multiple times and continued the dream, but I wouldn't say I've given up on life.

-If anyone has had such a dream, i should like to know. Not dreams about heaven/meeting deceased loved ones, which are common, but has anyone ever dreamt of the exact transition between life and death? when you actually die? (it would completely contravene the life instinct to do so.)

I've had a few dreams like this.

In the first, a man pullled me out of a window on a skywalk, (or whatever you call a bridge that connects two buildings), and I plummeted to my death. The sensation of falling was frighteningly real, and when I 'hit the ground' my vision went black. I could still think, but I was recieving no sense datum. I thought I had died, or was dying. After a moment, stalagtites and stalagmites of swirling color began to grow in my mental image. I thought to myself, "Oh #$%&!, I'm dead! What are these colors? This is the afterlife? WTF!" The spikes of colors continued to grow until they joined together into a unified mass of morphing colors. It was like the visuals you get on an acid trip, only x 1,000. Very slowly, the colors settled down into static shapes and I was in my room.

In the next I was an infantryman surrounded by the enemy in a wooded area. I took my sidearm out, ventilated a few of the badguys, and turned the weapon on myself rather than be taken alive. I stuck the barrel in my mouth and pulled the trigger, but I didn't die. I pulled the trigger twice more and the back of my head popped off like an over pressurized can of soda. I fell to the ground, numb and unable to move, but I could see. The enemy soldiers stood over me, spit on my face, and left. I still couldn't move, and time sped up, and day became night, and night day. Soon, ants and other bugs began to feast on my flesh, and I could feel them crawling all over me, in and out of my ears and nose, eating what remained of my head. I had to get away from the bugs, so I arose and began to wander through the woods, then through a desert, all the while a cloud of bugs following me; I was a walking bug buffet. I came to the edge of a city, climbed a wall into someone's backyard, and laid down next to their pool. A woman walked out of the house and when she saw me this look of horror came upon her. I got on my knees and begged her to let me stay in her yard, where it was clean, but she ran away. I fell back down and my vision turned red, with a picture of a large black bird in flight in the center. Then I woke up.

I've had a few more (the one where I was eaten alive by dogs was particularly gruesome.) But I think two is enough.

edit: has anyone ever had a lucid dream?

I have. When I was in highschool I practiced inducing lucid states. I found I could float, and then fly, and lift things with my mind, or change the forms of things. It was fun, for a while. But I started to hear voices, sometimes they spoke to me, sometimes they would speak only to each other. At first they were friendly, they wanted me to "come with them", whatever that meant. I ignored them, and they grew hostile. Anyway, l started to lose control of these lucid states and they devolved into night terrors. So I stopped.

Atomic Fiend

What's not fun is having multiple dream within dreams of jerking off, trying to jjerk desperately, only to wake up in each dream thinking that you've finally "gotten awoken" so that you can jerk off FINALLY...so that when you *really* wake up in *RL* and not another "fake RL dream", you find yourself trying to jerk off... and well you do (well, I do).
Not fun--
I hope your sister was far, far, away, or maybe she wasn't.

I won't judge you. lie

The vicous cycle dream eh, those suck, it's a wonder I was frightened of falling asleep as a youngster.

I've been rejected in my own dreams numerous times, the most memoriable time, I woke and said to myself, "No panuche... not even in my own dreams?"
:cry:

Dreams are a fun and scary thing, when I was younger with less understanding and more fear I prayed that I wouldn't dream, now I can't see my self being rid of them.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Normally I have very disturbing dreams (for some reason, disasters tend to be a common theme), but last night... well, I dreamed that I could no longer conjugate past tense verbs correctly.

And I think I actually know where that one comes from. That's the disturbing part...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Now that is very interesting. I don't recall smells or tastes often in my dreams, I don't think. No, I'm fairly certain that's rare, if I do. But I get sensations plenty enough !_! Did you mean only in dreams, though? If not, then in RL, I can do the same with imagining things (Deja Vu whoa..).

both.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Freud would enjoy this one:

I dreamed I really had to pee, but there was no bathroom. All there was available was a large commercial washer, so I climbed inside and used it. It then started up and was spinning with water coming in and lots of soap bubbles. I was trying to bang on the glass front to open the door or get someone to open it for me. I saw people outside through it, but I couldn't make a loud enough sound to attract attention. I felt trapped. Then the door opened and I fell out.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I was in the Tower of Babel. I don't know much about the Tower of Babel other than through studying Breugal's painting and a little bit from ancient history class. I just kind of "knew" it was the tower of babel. It was very modern though, it had a steel structure with glass windows and it went right up into the clouds. I looked out the window and saw a train fast approaching, and it leaped up and transformed into Megatron. I know Megatron isn't a train in the actual Transformers series, but in this dream I immediately knew it was him anyway. He began attacking the building, and I watch my friend go near the window and nearly get destroyed. I went down the elevator and woke up. I then said "what the fuck was that" and laughed. Awesome dream. What does it mean though?

I was in a parking lot and some kid tried to steal my CD's. I beat the shit out of the kid and headed for KFC (I never go to KFC in real life). Inside KFC I noticed it was not a KFC but an Aquarium themed taco store, so I left The scene then morphed into a movie theatre where there was a competition with a guitar-hero like game, except it was more like a shooting game where the control is an electric guitar (like a real guitar plugged into an amp ). I was doing well in the game and the audience enjoyed it, too. The final leg of the level had me shooting at pirates as they ran across the beach at me. The beach then faded into a ghetto neaborhood and the pirates into gangsters, and Nas was playing in the background. The lyrics were about how people in the ghetto are nobodies because there is no opportunity. Its weird because I'm not sure if what was playing is a real song or a song my mind created for the dream, because when I woke up and remembered it I didn't actually recognize the song, just Nas' voice. So I was driving in a car going by all these people bumme dout in the ghetto when I realized I was in Washington D.C. I saw some signs and subway stations I recognized from when I went to D.C. last summer, although the certainly were absolutely nothing like the real subway stations. I eventually stopped at the Foggy Bottom Station and saw that it was above ground but under some kind of hanger. The sky was very overcast and surrealistic. I saw a wicker staircase and proceeded to walk up it, but saw that it was a dead end and went back down. It had nothing supporting it. Then my parents were suddenly there and my dad commented on how te song made it seem like a bad city and I said that a lot of what it was saying was true and that it was a deep song. Then I woke up. :huh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My dream was I was watching Battlestar Galactica but then it turned into a new series of Star Trek, and I remember thinking "Battlestar did this better" Then I was in Ventrillo and my eyes started feeling really dry and burny like.

I just remembered a Nightmare: My brother and his girlfriend were on their way to northern california and they were going through St.Louis (I don't think they would be going through St.Louis from New Orleans) Well anyways in my dream they were driving seperate cars and my brother's girlfriend gets into an accident and dies.

BlackMita

House Labyrinth

On three separate occasions, in the past 2 years or so, I’ve dreamt of being trapped in a house that doesn’t end. No matter where I go, everything is an endless arrangement of living spaces, dining rooms, bedrooms, washrooms, minimally adorned hallways, and staircases. With each dream in this location I usually encounter something really irksome or surreal before waking.

In the first, I managed to find an end of the house with a window, except it was pitch black outside. The second time I came to a really long staircase singled out from the rest of the labyrinth leading to a really long hallway with a door on the end, but when I walked towards it I got overwhelmed with an anxious terrible feeling the closer I got, so I ran from it. The third time I remember thinking “Oh geez, not another dream here.” And after pointlessly wandering around, I realized that there wasn’t any food and immediately felt starved. So I ran around urgently searching for a kitchen. It sounds corny, but the starving feeling was almost actual pain.

These dreams freaked me out because the mood was always unpleasant, the atmosphere soundless, and (don’t know why this scared me) I somehow knew that everything still worked despite there being no people (lights turned on and off, running water in bathrooms, etc). I haven’t put much effort into trying to interpret it because it could mean any number of things; maybe I just don’t like strange houses.